Sign in to follow this  
JohnKalo

Trigger creating useless AI

So here is my problem. I am using triggers in order to create some specific buildings. I also use triggers in order to create friendly AI units which are then inserted into certain building positions. And so they do.

The problem is that although they are created in the right position, they don't do anything when enemy AI is near. I have set skill to 1, behavior in combat, I have grouped them with a leader and nothing changes. The enemy AI comes close to the building and kills all friendly AI while the friendly AI just stands there.:confused:

So is there some bug or I am just missing something?

You don't happen to be using createVehicle instead of createUnit, do you? Also, you will need to have the side "center" present (is automatically present if you have placed at least one unit on the side in editor) which can be created using createCenter (as the notes on the page suggest, you may also need to apply side-relations, using setFriend).

Well that is affirmative.

I was indeed using createVehicle.

I will try to change it and I will be back to report if the problem was fixed.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

EDIT:

I am now using createUnit but still the friendly AI doesn't do anything. I mean they do move but they do not shoot at the enemy even if their skill is set to 1.

I am still trying though...

Edited by Helicopterenthusiast