NIN3

Islamic State & Guerrilla Units Pack

Islamic State & Guerrilla Unit Pack

HulaZone

z9prkiw.jpg[/img]

New version 1.2

## Content ##

12 infantry units, fully functional in Zeus, MCC and the Editor.

The unit pack consist of a troop of Guerrillas (Independent) as well as a troop of mujahideen of the Islamic State (OPFOR). The Guerrilla units are loosely based on what a more spec-ops version of the fighters in Ukraine could look like, with a special eye towards both the separatists and the Donbas Battalion (volunteer group fighting for Ukraine). The IS units on the other hand are based directly off of footage from VICE News.

We are planning on additional features in the next version.

## Current Dependencies ##

HLC Mod

CAF

ASDG Joint Rails *Included*

// All credits for the dependencies go to their individual authors and their creditors in turn. The dependencies are not included in our mod and have to be downloaded separately.

If you have any feedback do let us know! =)

Cheerio,

Hulahuga & NIN3

## Download ##

Armaholic 1.2

Google Drive 1.2

Steam Workshop 1.2

## Screenshots ##

qfRRVHy.jpg[/img]

FmSpqI8.jpg[/img]

YPC3chi.jpg[/img]

3FsrmvS.jpg[/img]

LMVvA6N.jpg[/img]

EbaaNlu.jpg[/img]

## Classnames ##

## Guerrilla

class: HulaZone_Guerrilla

display name: "Guerrilla"

side: 2

## Islamic State

class: HulaZone_IS

display name: "Islamic State"

side: 0

// More in the download (Class List.txt)

## Changelog ##

######

* 7 mujahideen from the Islamic State (as realistic as possible, based on footage from VICE News et al.) and 5 guerrilla fighters (loosely based on a more spec ops version of the donbass battalion) created. They all work in Zeus, MCC and the Editor.

* Created signatures and server keys.

* Created addon pic, thumbnail, unit pics and screenshots. Also decided on a coat of arms for each faction.

* Addon is hosted on Steam Workshop, Armaholic, Play with SIX & our own Google Drive.

## Outside Dependecies: CAF AG, RH M4/16, AV IndUS, STI Weapons - Machineguns.

## Known issues: None

######

## Completed ##

* HLC Core and AK pack added to replace most of the weapons in the pack (only previous ones left are the RPGs and the SVD). Thus removed STI as a requirement in the process. Sounds, visuals, gameplay and general immersion should now feel a lot better.

* Recieved permission by Robalo to bundle ASDG Joint Rails (a req for HLC, although actually not for the weapons we are using from the pack...), so as to make it easier for the end users. /* Thank you! */ Completed a first take on the bundling, which is still looks a bit wonky though due to the one pbo nature of steam workshop.

* Remade almost all of the loadouts to incorporate HLC. Most noteworthy from a gameplay POV is that the Guerrilla now use AKs and RPKs instead of the standard weapons and the STI Machineguns. The same goes for the AR of the IS.

* Created a group for all the units in each faction. Should work with MCC and Alive. // Coding groups in ArmA is exceptionally weird

## Outside Dependencies: CAF AG, RH M4/16, AV IndUs, HLC Core, HLC AKs

## Known issues: Cfg reference error on startup for a checker function for ASDG Joint Rails. This doesn't seem to affect anything though. Will look for/make a fix after the weekend.

## Note: Duplicate active copies of ASDG JR work flawlessly.

######

## Completed ##

* Removed RHM4s as a dependency

* Removed AV_IndUS as a dependency

* Major work on removing CAF AG as a dependency, only the RPG remains (until a solution is found)

- The equipped ArmA2 OA turbans and head-wraps are now included in the mod.

* Added HLC AR15 and M14 packs

- This should not add any difficulty for most users, seeing as HLC users seemingly tend to subscribe to most of their mods

* Updated ASDG Joint Rails to the latest version

* Guerrilla Marksman

- Changed weapon and mags to HLC M14 from CAF SVD

- Added a scope to the rifle

- Changed grenade type to vanilla RGO grenade

- Changed the name and class name (it is now HulaZone_Guerrilla_Marksman)

* IS AT

- Changed grenade type to vanilla RGO grenade

* IS Guard

- Changed weapon from RHM4 to one from HLC AR15

- Changed the vest from a AV IndUS vest to a comparable vanilla arma vest (also looks better)

## In Progress ##

Completely removing CAF AG as a dependency

## Outside Dependencies: CAF AG, HLC Core, HLC AKs, HLC AR15s, HLC M14s

## Known issues: None

######

Edited by NIN3
version 1.2
  • Like 1

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (Hulahuga) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest

These are really cool [especially in-light of current world situations] but I have one question before I can use them in mission creation; What is the validity of the U.S. ACU camo pattern on the islamic terrorist? I can't find any reference to these ISIS guys donning U.S. military camo.

These are really cool [especially in-light of current world situations] but I have one question before I can use them in mission creation; What is the validity of the U.S. ACU camo pattern on the islamic terrorist? I can't find any reference to these ISIS guys donning U.S. military camo.

- -

As mentioned in the description

- -

The IS units on the other hand are based directly off of footage from VICE News.

--

Means that we´ve tried to get as close as possible to how they look.

They of course not wearing US-Uniforms :D

Mostly the ISIS or Islamic-State fighters use civilan cloth, as represented in the addon, but some of them (I would guess the veterans or officers) wear a uniform which is pretty close to the "AV IndUs" one.

We might do a own uniform in the future, but for now "AV IndUS" is a req.

safe_image.php?d=AQAqr48niM0e8ZKV&w=470&h=246&url=https%3A%2F%2Fassets-news.vice.com%2Fimages%2Fvideos%2Fmeta%2F2014%2F07%2F24%2Ffrom-isis-to-the-islamic-state-inside-the-caliphate-trailer-1406227222.jpg%3Fcrop%3D0.5321739130434783xw%253A0.7099767981438515xh%253B0.36869565217391304xw%252C0.1531322505800464xh&cfs=1&upscale

• Like 1

You could use Niko's US uniforms pack instead, it doesnt have all the extra stuff, and it has that UCP camo pattern, but also along with versions of it with a tan top and camo pants of that, and a lighter coloured top with those camo as well. It also has no flag markings at all on the uniforms.

You could use Niko's US uniforms pack instead, it doesnt have all the extra stuff, and it has that UCP camo pattern, but also along with versions of it with a tan top and camo pants of that, and a lighter coloured top with those camo as well. It also has no flag markings at all on the uniforms.

thx. We will take a look at it. We may do a own uniform in the future.

Does this work with Alive mod?

Yes. We will add the faction names and the classnames later today.

A classlist.txt will be part of the next update.

Edited by NIN3
  • Like 1

Amazing!! Cant wait to use!!

What is the skill of the AI Set too?

• Like 1

Nice work, the ISIS units look very authentic. Any vehicles planned? IS are using technicals, BMPs and Humvees now.

Could you provide more pictures and maybe a video of the units provide in this addon?

Damn, this really exploded =). Thanks guys!

Well what we thought was that seeing as the IS have been getting their hands on large stockpiles of US military gear left over in Iraq, this was the closest thing we could get for now :). It is a question of what was plausible and also most similar to the references available.

But yeah, seconding NIN3, we might very well be making our own uniform textures in the future!

Nice work, the ISIS units look very authentic. Any vehicles planned? IS are using technicals, BMPs and Humvees now.

There are some technicals already in the game for the guerrilla factions actually and Humvees and BMPs are available in other mods of your choosing ;). But yeah, who knows, we might do it to expand the faction a bit! IS textured technical anyone?

EDIT: Updated the Imgur album with some of the ref used: http://imgur.com/a/AEEC7#8

EDIT 2:

Yes. We will add the faction names and the classnames later today.

A classlist.txt will be part of the next update.

Yepp, will add this later today probably as a separate text file. For now use this as ref if you dont want to open the .pbo:

Addon Name: HulaZone

Factions: OPF_G_F (for IS) and IND_G_F (for Guerrilla)

Guerrilla Units: "HulaZone_Guerrilla_Light_AT", "HulaZone_Guerrilla_SVD", "HulaZone_Guerrilla_MG", "HulaZone_Guerrilla_GL", "HulaZone_Guerrilla_SQL"

IS Units: "HulaZone_IS_Officer", "HulaZone_IS_Guard", "HulaZone_IS_Rifleman", "HulaZone_IS_SQL", "HulaZone_IS_Grenadier", "HulaZone_IS_AT", "HulaZone_IS_MG"

Then there are some of the uniform names and whatnot. If you want them either send me a pm or check the config file in the .pbo :)

Edited by Hulahuga
  • Like 1

Our whole hobby is about simulated mass-murder mate, it's all in bad taste really. And honestly it is hard to think of a better bunch of scumbags to use as virtual baddies than IS.

Finally , someone made a real unit covering real crises. You guys need more Intel on these factions you tube footage of isis and or footage of the Syria war ...great job , but why didn't you guy make use of massi mato weapons instead of RH and sti requirements?

Massi's weapon pack is useful because it has alot of stuff etc, but overall its crap.

The stuff has always been low quality, and it floods your VAS, Virtual arsenal and the ammoboxes with like 30 versions of each gun, and its annoying as shit.

Alot of the guns also have crappy sounds and just overall its not good quality, and too many mods just use it.

So I think its good they didn't use it.

This is in kinda bad taste.

I knew this topic was going to come up sooner or later :P.

Aight so first off the bat nothing says that you actually have to play against any of these factions, you can play as them if you like, it is up to you. Plus we actually originally made this mod without any thoughts on publishing it.

In terms of using something that exists in real life, well why do we have NATO then? And what happened to the entirety of ArmA 2? =). The film and TV industries have used contemporary issues as their backdrop for ages, as well as some select parts of the games industry, perhaps due to their long development cycles. To me at least it is particularly interesting to simulate these conflicts simply due to their most contemporary nature, and it really does lend itself to some interesting scenarios. Why shy away from reality?

Furthermore, like Drongo69 said, IS have committed some particularly atrocious acts during the last 2-3 years, so I must second him on that point. Lastly I have grown quite tired of the whole "random islamist/taliban/afgan" (previously "nasty Russian/eastern european") thing to be honest. Why not skip the romanticised stereotyping in favor of trying to capture something that actually functions and to some extent looks like a modern military unit and do a realistic take for once (seconding Nivimar)? I honestly think that would actually be doing this genre a service in terms of tastefulness comparatively.

If you on the other hand posit the argument that it is distasteful due to the victims of the current conflicts, well no one said war wasn't a horrible state of affairs. Although I would rather say doing it this way raises awareness and hopefully somewhere along the way makes you think about what is actually happening in the world. I am nothing but concerned about these conflicts myself and have been following them closely them since their inception (especially the Ukrainian).

Finally , someone made a real unit covering real crises. You guys need more Intel on these factions you tube footage of isis and or footage of the Syria war ...great job , but why didn't you guy make use of massi mato weapons instead of RH and sti requirements?

Thanks!

As linked previously, do check out this album I put together with ref of the IS http://imgur.com/a/AEEC7#8.

Hmm, well the honest reason is that we started with the mods our unit used. Secondly I do prefer weapons that aren't straight (and often lackluster) ports of the ArmA 2 weapons, as it really raises the level of player immersion in my book, as well as usually does the whole attachment thing a lot better (seconding MikeTim). As you might guess I am looking into a replacement for the CAF AKs ;).

---

On another note, what would you guys say about adding the Peshmerga as an independent force?

Also, we are working on a new set of IS camo as well as faction names for both units right now!

Edited by Hulahuga

you want some great AK's then you have to check out HLC_AK mod the models/sounds/animations are top notch. YOu can also use FAL and G3 weapons to mix it up a bit too. Not sure how real that would be to the current situation but they are truly some good shit..

In terms of using something that exists in real life, well why do we have NATO then? And what happened to the entirety of ArmA 2? =). The film and TV industries have used contemporary issues as their backdrop for ages, as well as some select parts of the games industry, perhaps due to their long development cycles. To me at least it is particularly interesting to simulate these conflicts simply due to their most contemporary nature, and it really does lend itself to some interesting scenarios. Why shy away from reality?

Furthermore, like Drongo69 said, IS have committed some particularly atrocious acts during the last 2-3 years, so I must second him on that point. Lastly I have grown quite tired of the whole "random islamist/taliban/afgan" (previously "nasty Russian/eastern european") thing to be honest. Why not skip the romanticised stereotyping in favor of trying to capture something that actually functions and to some extent looks like a modern military unit and do a realistic take for once (seconding Nivimar)? I honestly think that would actually be doing this genre a service in terms of tastefulness comparatively.

+1 i agree

and since the WW3 is gonna happen anyway during this decade , then why cant we simply just enjoy the game till that :D

personally i might consider adding Iraqi Army , Beshmarga, Syrian army , Egyptian Army , Israeli army ... i can help u if u wanna :D

Any word on how well these either of the factions work in ALiVE? I have some aggression I need to work out :)

you want some great AK's then you have to check out HLC_AK mod the models/sounds/animations are top notch. YOu can also use FAL and G3 weapons to mix it up a bit too. Not sure how real that would be to the current situation but they are truly some good shit..

Yeah, that is what I have been leaning towards actually. Have already made IS loadouts with HLC, although haven't I haven't converted them yet into a config format.

The only with it is that you would then need joint rails, HLC Core and HLC AK to make it work. Going to check with ASDG if we could add it perhaps so as not to scare off the steam subs...

personally i might consider adding Iraqi Army , Beshmarga, Syrian army , Egyptian Army , Israeli army ... i can help u if u wanna :D

Isn't there a Middle East Conflict mod that already has a bunch of those?