Sign in to follow this  
Zeppelin33

Arma 3: Aircraft custom load-outs

I want to find out if there is already a mod, that enables custom load-outs for standard arma 3 aircraft. It doesn't seem like there is.

I know the F-18 mod has a excellent custom load-out screen and it would be great to have something similar for all standard Arma3 aircraft and helicopters.

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/bzda_4.jpg

Picture is taken from http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=22594 which is a really nice aircraft and the guys did a excellent job!!

If no other mod like this currently exists, Id like to try and start one. Is it possible? will aircraft models need to be changed?

But its neither a request for a mod, nor just a question. I want to discuss this mod here, because I'm going to make it myself . Hence, why its here. I also thought its pretty genius ;)

So have any of you 2 tried something similar, may be tried working on the DAR pods of little bird, seeing as it doesn't look removable, or do you just troll new posts to see if they are in the right thread?

No worries, i am bad with forums and was also probably not clear enough.

But progress thus far.

If i removeMagazines and weapons from the AH-9, the pods and miniguns are still there, altho you cant switch to the pods anymore.

Awesome idea, but it seems arma weapons are just Strings, and you cant hide it :(

It looks like it mite be necessary to make new models, all though, if you cursor over the weapon pod with the camera view, it returns a different classname when looking at the pod and AH-9. When you look at the pod, it returns Weapon_holder.p3d and the chopper is vehicle_x. Ill scratch around with a few more things, see what i can come up with.

Zeppelin33- The only other customizable weapons loadout that I know of, is that of Peral's A-10C. He worked with the guys from the F/A-18 on getting it in his specific mod.

If you're wanting to go the same route, you might first want to go drop them (Peral, John Spartan, Saul) a PM asking for help or advice. Next, you need to learn both scripting and dialog creation. Both of those areas are used in creating the custom dialog, as posted in your OP. I suppose you'll also need Photoshop to create your background images.

Either way, as you see, it's an idea that CAN be accomplished, but it'll take patience on your part.

May I suggest, that if this is truly a discussion on the topic, that you list down some of the aircraft you want to focus on (IE- all aircraft?, just helo's?, or just fixed wing?). This way, you can start figuring out what images you're going to need to start making for the customizable slots.

I'll be following to see what your answers are.

Thanks Raptor 6 Actual, now thats a reply :)

I havent had time to get back to this, because after arma, life happens hehe, but I will indeed drop Peral, John Spartan, Saul a message when Ive got all my ducks in a row.

Id like to make the mod usable on all default Arma 3 aircraft, fixed and rotary wing, but if i had to focus on a specific one, id choose the AH-9 for now. Partly because it has allot to benefit from a mod like this and also because it has 2 weapons that are fixed. the M134 and the Hydra 70mm. So if i can somehow manage to get other weapons working on it, then the road is pretty much paved for the rest.

Reason I'm saying I need to get my stuff together first is:

A. If allot of the aircraft will need to get remodeled, The mod mite get big and I'm not sure it will be worth it then.

B. Id like to see what happens when BIS releases the helicopter DLC.

but maby a good start would be to speak to the guys that have managed to make similar mods first and then take it from there.