Sign in to follow this  
RoyWheels

[COOP] Escape Roy

I'm trying to play this on my dedicated Linux server with the HLC weapons mods installed, but when I run the mission with the HLC weapons pack parameter enabled the backpack doesn't spawn and it spams "BIS Function Module is needed to run MilitaryTraffic.sqf" in chat. When I set the addon selection to manual and turn off all addons, the mission works fine. How can I fix this? The same thing happens with Vormulac/NeoArmageddon's Escape missions.

Roy, what does the difficulty setting "use this setting for AI mods such as Zeus AI" in the parameters do? Can we have some clarification on this setting? Thanks!

You can try port it on your own. Extract mission, edit MapConfigs\WorldConfig.sqf, change mission "extension", pack it, test it, publish it.

Got it. Nice map to play Escape on. Forgot to add @Bornholm to our server command line. Now it works great!

Edited by Kingbengan

I wonder if it's possible to reduce the area for POIs for Zargabad. A lot of the map is just mountains, whereas the area that's reasonably fun to play in is basically the middle third of the map. I don't really know how the values in the WorldConfig.sqf relate to that, but it shure would be fun, if the POIs wouldn't usually be created in the blank areas of the map.

Edited by Belbo

It's been a long time, but it seems that somehow in the last couple patches that picking up maps and compasses is no longer possible on a dedicated server. It seems to work on a listen server for whatever reason. It really sucks because the frequent problems I've had with guards shooting us in the prison seem to have mostly disappeared. I know NeoArmageddon constantly has issues with items disappearing and not being able to pick up certain items on his version of escape altis. Anyone got any ideas?

Really enjoy your mission, thanks! Any chance of RHS and Leight's OPFOR support in the future?

Absolutely love the mission. I'm curious if you're contemplating adding back the two extra player spots for a total of 10 players? I understand the reason why it's at 8, with the choppers only holding 8, and potentially being shot down.

I had issues getting this to work on Sahrani the other day. When the game started it sat at a black screen and didn't say anything, when I hit escape to quit, the menu popped up and it would show myself and my squaddies floating in the water almost like the scripts just never started. After waiting a couple minutes of nothing happened we just quit and tried it on Altis just fine. Has that happened to anybody else?

Hmm, I am playing this as local MP single player. Enemy does never attack me. I can shoot their buddies as I wish... Mission is pretty heavy and on my rig (i72600k/gtx970) 20-40 FPS usually.

Mods:

@dragonfyrelite;@l_es;@va;@bluehud;@bzly_UIcorrections%;@SSPCM;@ace3;@tpw_mods;@CBA_A3;@BaBe_midTex

Hey, awesome map. Having a small problem with the start. The "Escape started" is triggered instantly without players moving/leaving the prison.

Hmm, I am playing this as local MP single player. Enemy does never attack me. I can shoot their buddies as I wish... Mission is pretty heavy and on my rig (i72600k/gtx970) 20-40 FPS usually.

Mods:

@dragonfyrelite;@l_es;@va;@bluehud;@bzly_UIcorrections%;@SSPCM;@ace3;@tpw_mods;@CBA_A3;@BaBe_midTex

Sorry, I know this is a poor answer.... But try running it on dedicated. At least for troubleshooting.

You're of course right. Enemy shoots at me when I play without mods. However the mission is probably too CPU intensive for my poor little computer.

Problems on Dedicated server after healing another player, you are frozen in the Kneel position with arms up as if you are aiming. you can only rotate 360, & can not move off in any direction or stand up.

Also the enemy start shooting right away. We would really like to use this on a coop dedicated server, but its unplayable at the moment. The last Bis patch did break a lot of missions, any chance of you taking a look at it again?

You have the mission pbo locked down so we couldn't unpbo it to change the heal ourselves...

Yeah this mission does have a lot of problems on a dedicated server.  The enemies trigger immediately, you can't pick up compasses and maps, and the revive is bugged so that players take much more damage than they should, which often results in one hit deaths.  That doesn't include the others that people have listed here.  I think most of these issues still exist in a listen server, but I haven't tested it in a while.  It's a shame that roywheels seems to be MIA at the moment because with a few fixes this mission could be brought back to it's former state, and when this mission was working properly, it was tremendously fun. 

Looks like Roy Wheels has lost interest, not active on Bis since 20 Oct 2014. Can anyone else fix it?

This set of mission seem to work again these days. is Roy still about?

Would like to change the Karts for Quads but cant unpbo any of the missions,, they seem to be locked down.....?