Sign in to follow this  
pt92

[EDITING] Effects of Waypoints for one unit?

Hello,

What that is is technically feasible under arma 2 combined operations (mod i44) to apply effects of waypoints (text + sound, music effects) so that that is visible and heard by a single special unit?

The player can embody several units in my mission which is going to be certainly put at the disposal there mp. I explain in depth, there are several fronts

of fight on my map (goes my cpu ^^) with air units and more... I can thus switcher between several units situated on other fronts. The problem it is that I hear the effect of an ene my crossing point of a forehead(front) (not worrisome we are going to say ^^) on the other units allies that those who are really concerned (is logic in programmation).

Roughly exists it a script or oneExists you he(it) a script or a mod / addon which would know how to correct this small defect/truble of arma? The shown text is in fact

a hint " with the message " and the sound is applied by the interface of waypoints. I need help... :confused:

Edited by PT92

Waypoints are a group function. For an individual to experience a waypoint effect individually, the individual needs to be a singular group of his own. However that would defeat team switching (if that's what you're using, I only assume). It would be better to seek a solution to the effects by a script on the client level when the waypoint is completed. Have the script execute only on the player who completes the waypoint.

Waypoints are a group function. For an individual to experience a waypoint effect individually, the individual needs to be a singular group of his own. However that would defeat team switching (if that's what you're using, I only assume). It would be better to seek a solution to the effects by a script on the client level when the waypoint is completed. Have the script execute only on the player who completes the waypoint.

I need to make the effects on a script in the unit init case and create a trigger ?

You could use a trigger:

- placed in the waypoint radius

- grouped to one of the group units, and

- set it to activate by "any group member" present.

in the "OnAct." field have it:

- query the unit in the trigger, and

- pass that data to a script in a folder.

Have the script run the effect on the unit who fired the trigger.