No worries. Just please understand, I am trying to cover as many countries in the world as possible, and this is quite a big task when just ONE of those countries can have thousands upon thousands of patches. I usually try to bring in new countries with each update, even if small quantity, but each will be focused on in time and expanded greatly. The reason I did ones like Italy and Poland, was because people actually made requests for those...and requests are what I'm basing updates off of, if I get no requests...then I just focus on more US and morale patches, since those are what I need for my other projects. I just need to see that there is a demand (even if from just a single person), because if I waited until I was done with all the US patches before I started another country...that could be years from now, lol. I appreciate your comments though, and I will go ahead and take what you said as a request, and include French patches on the next update.

Ow man i didn' t knew that you were working off requests, should' ve read the thread more carefully, and i generally shy away from making blatant requests because quite often the answer, most of the time rightfully so is "why don' t you do it yourself?"

Well, since that is cleared up, the kind of patches that i' d like to see made are unit specific patches, the kind that can give a bit of "soul" to a unit in a mission, to reinforce immersion. Things like that:

http://www.passionmilitaria.com/t24116p240-patch-francais-afghanistan for example, both SF and conventionnal troops patches.

Oh and also one patch that i' d really like to see made is this french IR flag:

http://www.multicam-inside.fr/forum/uploads/gallery/album_84/sml_gallery_928_84_1149.jpg

So yeah i don' t really have anything in mind, i' d be happy if you just include a few French patches that you find good looking!

Ow man i didn' t knew that you were working off requests, should' ve read the thread more carefully, and i generally shy away from making blatant requests because quite often the answer, most of the time rightfully so is "why don' t you do it yourself?"

Well, since that is cleared up, the kind of patches that i' d like to see made are unit specific patches, the kind that can give a bit of "soul" to a unit in a mission, to reinforce immersion.

So yeah i don' t really have anything in mind, i' d be happy if you just include a few French patches that you find good looking!

No problem, and sorry for the confusion. Just to be clear, I'm not just waiting for requests to post updates, but requests help to point updates in a particular direction. I'm constantly working on new patches, but those are mostly US and Morale patches (with the intention of getting to other countries as well), so that's why I've mentioned many times before that I'm very open to requests. I don't look to turn anyone down (even in regard to country preference), since these patches are quite easy to make and don't require a ton of time dumped into them. Instead I would rather exceed expectations, by taking what's asked for, and delivering that and much more.

Thanks for the links, and I will be digging up some good french repositories to add a nice batch of patches for the next update. ;)

wow,amazing work my friend,can you make working with virtual arsenal please,and multiplayer to,thank man

wow,amazing work my friend,can you make working with virtual arsenal please,and multiplayer to,thank man

Thanks, but not sure I understand your question. The addon currently works fine with Virtual Arsenal (all patches should be displayed), and as far as I know, they should work in MP as well. I'm not certain on MP, but if you're having trouble with the patches not showing in the VA, then there's probably an issue from bad installation or mod/addon conflict.

Can Confirm, Patches work fine in MP, with very few appearance bugs.

Many thanks for the confirmation.

EDIT: Pretty sure I've located the problem...not really a problem...but just uses the same name 7 times in the expansions menu, which still shouldn't cause any errors, only visual discomfort. Easy fix though, will create a hotfix and post it up sometime soon, just need to take a little break for now and enjoy the game. Just be aware, there will still be 7 entries in the expansion menu, as there should be, but will be named correctly after the fix. For now, I would just advise pulling out the .pbo's you don't wish to use from the UNS_Patches folder (move them into a backup folder or whatever).

There's any way to avoid having multiple entries of your mod in the expansion menu as I'm willing to use ALL your patches (yeah, I don't want to lose any of them :D) ? I love your mod but I just wish to have only one entry, if possible.

Best regards

I had the same problem using this. As far as you don't use it, patches works fine. If you are using it, it's a matter of that mod which has been left without updates from a long time now. I don't know if we will ever have a fix.

Edited by Malcom86

There's any way to avoid having multiple entries of your mod in the expansion menu as I'm willing to use ALL your patches (yeah, I don't want to lose any of them :D) ? I love your mod but I just wish to have only one entry, if possible.

Best regards

Are you meaning not having 7 of the SAME entry in the expansion menu? Or making it so my mod will have only one entry, period? I will go ahead and release the hotfix tonight, which will fix the names of the entries in the expansion menu. But, even after the fix, you will have 7 entries for the patches mod...each entry relating to the .pbo that it pertains to. If I were to remove them down to one single entry, players would have no way of knowing which part of the patches pack they are enabling/disabling. One entry would mean either enable all, or disable all, and I'm trying to keep it flexible for players to pick and choose what they want, when they want.

I will look into what options I have for consolidating the entire mod into one single entry, but if it proves to be too much trouble for players, then I think it may be best to stick with multiple entries (with each being named correctly this time).

making it so my mod will have only one entry, period

That's what I meant. I understand your worries anyway, but as I enabled just 1 of those entries and I have yet all your patches I supposed it was possible to "hide" those unused cluttering entries. I'm going to use all your patches anyway, and I don't think anyone could have a problem having all of them really. They are just enough easy to find as they are organized, even if they are 1405 :D

I'll take a pic later if this can show you better what I mean.

Malcom, I've sent you a PM with a possible fix linked in it. If you can, please check it, and let me know if it works (should be only 1 entry in the expansions menu now). If so, I will link it here for others to download. Thanks.

No problem, and sorry for the confusion. Just to be clear, I'm not just waiting for requests to post updates, but requests help to point updates in a particular direction. I'm constantly working on new patches, but those are mostly US and Morale patches (with the intention of getting to other countries as well), so that's why I've mentioned many times before that I'm very open to requests. I don't look to turn anyone down (even in regard to country preference), since these patches are quite easy to make and don't require a ton of time dumped into them. Instead I would rather exceed expectations, by taking what's asked for, and delivering that and much more.

Thanks for the links, and I will be digging up some good french repositories to add a nice batch of patches for the next update. ;)

Thanks heaps man.:cool:

running your addon on a dedicated server v2 signatures enabled the server keeps kicking me, can anyone confirm this behavior?

Okay, just to clear some things up. I've had numerous reports from people about the server keys not working for my addons (UNS Patches and UNS Markers). I have been beating my head against a wall trying to figure out why they're not working...I've searched various threads about this, and everything else that I can from my end. I've created the keys using DSCreateKey.exe, and signed the addons using my .biprivatekey. I have NO idea why they aren't working. And to be honest, I'm tired of even messing with it. The problem is, I have no way of testing these keys...so when one is made, I have to send it to someone else, then wait for them to test it and report back, and if it doesn't work...start the whole process over again. It's just frustrating. And I really don't see any other ways that I can make these keys any differently....the .exe program creates them the same way each time, and as far as I know, its the only way to make a key for your addon. So either something really wrong is going on when they are being created, or a bunch of people out there are just using them incorrectly on their server. Which I believe in this case, its a problem on my end.

So the bottom line is, until someone with more knowledge can come in here and show me what I'm doing wrong so I can create a proper working key, there isn't much more I can do. I'm tired of coming back to this same issue, trying to fix it, only to have the same problem afterwards. I hate to give up on it, but I've reached a point where I've done all I can do. I will ask around a bit more, and see if I can get anyone else to shed some light on this issue, but if that doesn't work...then it is what it is. I will continue to work on this addon, as well as my other projects, regardless of this issue with the server keys. But hopefully one day, it can be fixed.

did you sign then with the development branch of arma3 tools?

if yes, please make new keys from scratch (biprivatekey and bikey new )

development branch was broken and got fixed with last update from 05.02.2015

Edited by maquez

Alright, after creating new keys and signatures for all files, then repacked using updated tools (thanks to those pointed me in the right direction)...I present to you, the hotfix. Nothing special really, just a hopeful attempt to fix the server key issues, as well as the duplicate entries in the expansions menu.

Please report any further problems as I haven't had a chance to confirm whether this fix works or not.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nko46ikpyfydrz7/UNS_Patches_v1-35.7z?dl=0

Dropbox link on first post has been updated. Please use this link, as Armaholic and PW6 should not be updated until hotfix is confirmed working.

Edited by Siege-A

Hi Siege-A,

keys are working now!

thank you

Hi Siege-A,

keys are working now!

thank you

That's excellent news. I'm glad that finally after all this time, this issue can be put to rest.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Version 1.35 Key tested and working on our servers too.

Many thanks, Duck, and congrats on the mod release. ;)

Hey man any chance for a Rainbow Division Patch/insignia? I've started one if you'd like to look at it and/or add it.

Thanks Mikey74

There's actually already one included in the pack, but I would be glad to have a look if you would like to add an additional one.

arma32015-01-0417-53-06-93_zps6842a62b.png