The patches and the world flags doesnt load on the dedicated server (bought from gameservers)

edit: its says that the keys are invaild/doesnt installed... but i have uploaded the mods + uploaded their keys too to the keys folder...

any suggestions???

That is quite strange, and thank you for reporting. You are actually the first to say they don't work on dedicated, but I'm not sure why not...key is there, files are signed...? When building both of these addons, I never was able to check them online (multiplayer) to see if they were working, so all I could do was wait for it to be reported. I will do some research and see if I can find out why they wouldn't be working...but I have to admit, not real sure what it could be as everything was done by the books when creating...maybe something missing from the config...?

Sorry for the inconvenience, and I will try to get it working for you. Would really be appreciated if more people could check this issue and see if it's the same for them as well.

EDIT: In the mean time, could you test again with the key loaded in the A3 directory keys folder. Then also try it by adding a keys folder to the World Markers/Patches folder, and placing the key there.

I will send you a message here after i test it.

Edit: nope, still no change, gives me an error about the mods pbo's and keys.

(those two: worldmarkers and patches) and kicks me from the server

Edited by HydroBull3T

I will send you a message here after i test it.

Edit: nope, still no change, gives me an error about the mods pbo's and keys.

(those two: worldmarkers and patches) and kicks me from the server

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been hard at work trying to figure out why it may not be working...but it seems everything is correct and the way it should be. I have contacted some other people to try and see if they have the same issues on a dedicated server, so now I am just awaiting their response.

I truly feel that something is wrong on your end, because I have looked into it alot and still seems to be no issues that I can see. For so many people to have downloaded both of those addons (even some PWS communities have these in their collections), but no one has ever reported any problems. Now, I'm not saying you are incorrect, but I really feel you should do some checking around as well to see if there is something you may have been doing wrong...maybe even look into the thread by BI about using your own dedicated server: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

I will continue to try and find a solution here, but until I can confirm this with others, there isn't a whole lot I can do unfortunately.

I'm sorry for being dump bud I don't know how to make them show on vanilla camo..

I don't see any insignias in virtual arsenal and also don't know where execute that command..

Do they work in MP after all ?

Kindly regards

Is there anyway to add this patches, so they can be used in multiplayer? If so, how?

I'm sorry for being dump bud I don't know how to make them show on vanilla camo..

I don't see any insignias in virtual arsenal and also don't know where execute that command..

Do they work in MP after all ?

Kindly regards

Is there anyway to add this patches, so they can be used in multiplayer? If so, how?

Very sorry for the late reply, haven't been online in a few days now. Okay, as far as MP goes, I never have checked to see if these would work in MP but with them just being patches...I don't see why they wouldn't. The only problem I could think of for MP, would be that they take the place of the squad logo .xml patch, if you are wearing one (as far as I know). And if anyone does get these working in multiplayer, please do post and let me know that they work, or if there is problems, let me know what they are so I can possibly fix them.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't be showing up in your virtual arsenal, but that sounds like a problem with the installation of the addon...please double check how/where you have it installed, and your startup parameters. I don't use auto-installers or game launchers, so if that is your case, I don't think I could be of much help there...but I could tell you how to manually install the addon, if needed. Once installed correctly, your virtual arsenal should be flooded with new patches (the insignia tab is the last one).

In order to add patches/insignias to your unit in SP (should be the same in MP, not sure), please put this code into the unit initialization field:

[this,"CLASSNAME"] call BIS_fnc_setUnitInsignia;

If you open the readme file which is included with the addon, I have a listing of all the classnames for the various patches. Find the one you would like to use/try, then put the classname for it in the above code, replacing CLASSNAME, but keeping the quotation marks. Hope this helps you guys out, and if you have further problems...please do say so, and I will help as much as I can. ;)

Siege, thank you for replaying. It turned out that "virtual arsenal anywhere" mod was causing this problem. I can see patches now and they are working in MP but anytime I lunch Arma3, I have error msg:

No entry 'config.bin/CfgMods/UNS.Patches.action'. I tryed reinstaling your mod thru PlaywithSIX but no change.

Edited by bazyleq

Even though I advertise it, I don't much like using PlayWithSix...seems it turns up more problems with installation than it is actually solving. I've never seen that error that you mentioned, nor has it ever been reported before...so, once again...I feel either PWS or something has the installation wrong.

I could probably get it working for you, through manual verification and installation. If you would, please post your file structure (whether by text or picture) of where the addon is installed and what .pbo's are included, that should help me sort out what went wrong.

EDIT: After looking into the error you posted a bit more, I'm guessing it is looking for an entry for the 'action' field...which simply points the user to the mod/addons website. I never added these entries since I don't have a website setup for the projects...but it never produced an error before with it not being there. A bit strange. In any case, I have updated my config for the addon to now include a website entry, so maybe that will fix the error message that pops up. If you would like, I can send the file to you directly, so you can check to see if it fixes the problem.

Edited by Siege-A

Thank You again for looking into this in such short time. No worries, I will use package from armaholic and report back. It's very possible that PlayWithSix is messing something here.

Also I would like to ask You to add some Polish Army patches. Some like:

Poland Fights:

http://survivalsklep.pl/229-971-large/patch-polska-walczaca-coyote-tan-od.jpg

http://v1.sadistic.pl/flv/20140104/1388841736_c4e_175.jpg

GROM:

http://www.grom.mil.pl/barwaodznaki_pliki/2a.JPG

http://www.morphoskins.pl/image/cache/data/skins/Patriotic_Design/GROM-400x400.jpg

www.wprost.pl/F/pic.php?T=news&P=249939&w670=1&brt=1

Paratroopers 6 brigade:

http://www.6batalion.wp.mil.pl/plik/image/6_Brygada_Desantowo_Szturmowa-1.gif

Edited by bazyleq

Thank You again for looking into this in such short time. No worries, I will use package from armaholic and report back. It's very possible that PlayWithSix is messing something here.

Also I would like to ask You to add some Polish Army patches. Some like:

No problem at all, bazyleq. Its nice to receive feedback, whether good or bad, to help iron out the issues and keep everyone happy. And it would be my pleasure to add in some Polish patches, will include a batch of them with the next update...which will hopefully be ready for release this weekend. Also, be sure to let me know if installing the addon from armaholic (which is your best choice in my opinion) has fixed the errors you were having.

Love this mod.

Many thanks, glad people are finding some uses for these. ;)

Hey Siege, first off great mod really brings more of a realistic feel and customization sense to the game I was just wondering if you plan on bring anymore currently in service US Army Division or Brigade patches?

Hey Siege, first off great mod really brings more of a realistic feel and customization sense to the game I was just wondering if you plan on bring anymore currently in service US Army Division or Brigade patches?

Thanks, Lucht, and absolutely. I still have tons saved and ready for editing on my HD, just takes time...especially when you start bringing in more countries (and working on other projects). You can definetly expect to see a large chunk of US patches included with every update, even when I'm focusing an update towards a specific nation/purpose. But, if there are any in specific that you would like to go ahead and see by the coming update, please feel free to post them or let me know which.

Siege, I don't see this error any more so I assume it's all good now, thanks! :)

Siege, I don't see this error any more so I assume it's all good now, thanks! :)

That's excellent, glad to hear it. Armaholic is the best way (in my opinion) to sort out problematic installations, or making sure you have the most recent updates for a particular addon. Sometimes I wish Auto-Installers and PWS didn't even exist, since it fragments the community into those that use it and those that don't...and then you get people reporting issues which have nothing to do with the addon itself, but more of a problem from the auto-installer doing something wrong. I understand it makes things easier for people, but easier isn't always better.

I have a nice batch of Polish patches ready for the coming update, and I think you will be quite pleased. Will try to pack in as many as I can tonight, and should be ready to release tomorrow.

Great news Sir! Thank you very much for all your time and work, can't wait for update :)

UnderSiege Patches & Insignias v1.2 released. First post updated.

Just wanted to pop by and say that these patches are amazing. Very good quality and a HUGE assortment to choose from. Well done!

Thanks for sending us the newest release again :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound and kecharles, always a pleasure.

Just wanted to pop by and say that these patches are amazing. Very good quality and a HUGE assortment to choose from. Well done!

Much appreciated. I didn't want to just throw together a bunch of patches that looked crappy, so I made sure to give each and every one that special loving touch. Still plenty more to come, I haven't even scratched the surface yet. ;)

Thanks Siege-A by Patches & Insignias of more reality in units

It would be nice a script where the insignia was the nickname of the player, the script would take the player ID and put the nickname insignia as well would be easier to identify the player.

Surely it could be done, in some manner. Unfortunately, I am currently pretty tied up with some other projects, but when I have some free time I will have a look and see what can be done. Sorry, as I'm sure that isn't the answer you were looking for.

appreciate the attention and I assure you that you can do something in the future, thank you.