I don't understand that people keep saying this. There's really nothing Sci-Fi about Arma 3. All the vehicles and weapons in the game have real world counterparts, only they are named diffrently. And as for this:

Again not Sci-Fi, just a cooler name

BLACK WASP :p

I have to agree, and caseless ammunition is not "sci-fi", it's been proven to work, and just an evolution in ammunition design.

But anyway I hope to fly this sometime, looks real good, but I still like pylons, pylons to put bombs on :)

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

Except that this is meant to represent a futuristic NAVY bird thus it would still use the probe and drogue system I would imagine.

Yeah, the US Navy and USMC went with the probe and drogue, while the USAF for some reason went with the boom principle. Weirdos.

This is really awesome!! Can't wait for this!!! Will it include a targeting pod??? I can see it's attached to the left engine intake :)

Edited by geraldbolso1899

This mod is a winner - it looks bloody gorgeous. Two questions - will you be including your service menu, for this and every other jet, and will you also be including the GPS/INS firing system?

Nice! ;) But would be cool to finish your great A-10 also. Its 10x cooler then the normal A3 version.

Nice! ;) But would be cool to finish your great A-10 also. Its 10x cooler then the normal A3 version.

Whom might you be referring to? John Spartan and Saul have never released and A-10 mod (as far as I know).

Edited by CyclonicTuna

Speaking of A-10's, I have a little request/tip for the Black Wasp and perhaps also the Super Hornet.

In the latest update of Perals A-10 (v1.0). I noticed that Peral has made the glass of the HUD a little darker. Almost like giving the plane a pair of sunglasses. This makes the green lines, numbers and signs on the HUD a lot more visible during the day. On the Superhornet I sometimes have trouble reading the HUD when it points into a bright sky, or bright patch of ground, in the A-10 this problem is almost completely eliminated. Would it be veasible to also add this feature to the Super Hornet/Black Wasp? That would be pretty neat to have in my opinion.

Either way, good luck with the Black Wasp and with the contest! :)

Without actually saying "no" on the OP's behalf, I'll note that:

#1: The Nimitz (CVN 68) is a straight-up Arma 2 port, like my Khe Sanh (the fictional LHD 9).

#2: The Nimitzes end(ed) with George H. W. Bush, aka CVN 77, while the OP mentions a CVN 83

Thank you, even better then really all i can say is good luck and hope it comes out as good as the planes do

I... I... I think i just came... Is that the new F-18 with the extra fuel built in and stealth weapon pylons?

I... I... I think i just came... Is that the new F-18 with the extra fuel built in and stealth weapon pylons?
*cough* Nope, the extra fuel is stowed in tanks mounted above the fuselage behind the cockpit and instead of "stealth" weapon pylons the weapons are carried in that under-fuselage pod (though apparently IRL it could be mounted on a different station, or even have multiple pods installed on different stations)...

Cockpit sneak peek :D

TbemGk7.jpg

Looks like you've gone F-35 style, this whole project looks pretty awesome.

Hey what happened to my awesome homer comment?

Looks like you've gone F-35 style, this whole project looks pretty awesome.

Yeah. All the upgraded gen 4 and gen 4.5 aircraft make use of a large touchscreen display. Its installed in the F-15SE and the SU-35 aswell :p

*cough* Nope, the extra fuel is stowed in tanks mounted above the fuselage behind the cockpit and instead of "stealth" weapon pylons the weapons are carried in that under-fuselage pod (though apparently IRL it could be mounted on a different station, or even have multiple pods installed on different stations)...

By built in, that's what i meant, i didn't see the video until after i posted. The extra fuel is actually built in as you mentioned, inside the top, giving it literally no drag alternative for extra fuel for enhanced mission range. By Weapon pod, i meant the pod underneath, that is indeed meant to be stealth to reduce the signature. None the less, i love this. I really wanted to see this, and here it is, being made. Absolute amazing. I hope the flight model is just the same. =D

did you guys make all new model for this or is it base on the old one.

Kinda both. We used the previous F18 as a base and heavily modified the model to increase overall detail in areas that were lacking. Essentially the whole model has been retouched in some way rather it be increased poly count, new UV layout, etc etc.

Kinda both. We used the previous F18 as a base and heavily modified the model to increase overall detail in areas that were lacking. Essentially the whole model has been retouched in some way rather it be increased poly count, new UV layout, etc etc.

very beautiful add-on...

Best luck!!

What would be sweet, is releasing the service menu seperately with it being easy to add other plane mods, i just love pulling up into a tent hangar and choosing my loadouts and paint scheme visually

Yeah. All the upgraded gen 4 and gen 4.5 aircraft make use of a large touchscreen display. Its installed in the F-15SE and the SU-35 aswell :p
And it's even 'authentic' in the sense of it being part of the real life Advanced Super Hornet concept...

I'm confused... is this based off your modification of the Franze model? (I never quite understood your non-MANW Hornet. By "new model" did you mean that you made a new one completely from scratch? or that you heavily reworked Franze's bird and made new versions?)

Looks awesome. Love the work on the F/A-18 you guys have done so far (still use A2 more than A3 since I'm still not really an A3 guy, but both are great).

I can't believe your SIDE PROJECT is an aircraft carrier....thats pretty sweet. While JDog's nimitz is a great addon, it does feel somewhat dated/unfinished. Also, visually speaking, it's kinda bland. I realize that high quality textures require ALOT of work, but just in terms of the tower, you look at the Khe Shan and then the nimitz...big difference. But I have a feeling what you guys cook up with be top notch! Good luck with everything and I'm excited to see future updates

@ToeToe, service menu is like a tailored suit it wont work on any aircraft. But there are at least 4 nods at the moment where we are collaboration to get such feature implemented.

@Islefan, I agree, and that's one of the reasons why we believe it's time to retire old Nimitz. Never the less it has served well and Jdog has done an amazing job.

@Darkhorse, FA18's were rebuild from ground three times since Arma 2 version 1.2, we keep learning and improving. What Saul meant is the this model is our forth attempt in redoing the model from scratch using the knowledge we have gained from previous projects.