Sign in to follow this  
alduric

@A3CV - ArmA 3 Coop: Vietnam

vietnam.png

Actual version: 1.00

Today id like to release small mod where u have chance to play as US or Vietnam soldier in Vietnam War. This is first public release so u can expect small bugs or errors. Please report it here in topic, i would like to polish it a bit.

This is amateur modification, few things cannot be realistic. If u looking for proffesional and real Vietnam experience - Take a look at Unsung on Arma 2. Im big fan of Unsung, thats why A3CV was made - To kill some time before real Vietnam experience.

Do not expect much. However, my community had a little fun during the Vietnam tests, maybe you will like it.

Mod includes nametag which will show dedicated units ranks and players nicks. If you dont want it, delete " A3CV_Nametag.pbo " and key.

With mod i also releasing @A3CV_Acre, this mod will add support to "leaked Acre". There will be no 343 radio for any units. Also there is only one supported radio - 119, there is added also vietnam style radio-backpack when u take 119 into equipment.

Known issues

- Wrong crew animations in few vehicles.

- Mass of weapons and magazines may be wrong, i have to test it a bit longer.

- Head accesories need to be deleted, i will do it soon.

- There may be some translate mistakes

Requirements

- A3MP

- CBA

Download @A3CV Full v1.00

http://alduric.pl/arma_mods/A3CV.rar

Download @A3CV_Acre

http://alduric.pl/arma_mods/A3CV_Acre.rar

Download Server key

http://alduric.pl/arma_mods/a3cv_key.rar

Special thanks to:

- Vilas for great M16A1 models

- Makhno for cooperation and permision to include Vietnam style maps

- Freelancer for great PBR model

- Mondkalb for great MBG Nam map.

A couple of screenshots and videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDR7DtPyO9w

Edited by Alduric

OMG OUTSTANDING!

I can't wait to try this!

Thank you!!

:cool:

Yay!

Quick question though, was it designed for MP only or is it usable with some AI?

EDIT : videos seem to be coop missions; i guess this answers that. :D

Edited by Pepe Hal

This is amateur modification, few things cannot be realistic. If u looking for proffesional and real Vietnam experience - Take a look at Unsung on Arma 2. Im big fan of Unsung, thats why A3CV was made - To kill some time before real Vietnam experience.

Do not expect much. However, my community had a little fun during the Vietnam tests, maybe you will like it.

Wow! If it was supposed to be just a quick mod until Unsung comes to A3 :eek:

You got a lot of good stuff here.

There's a few odd things ( like the arabic texts and the WW2 weapon textures ), but the pack is pretty awesome for itself.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks Alduric :smile_o:

Edited by Miller

Congrats for the release, Alduric, it proved to many ppl here that this wasn´t vapourware at all ;) Just one request: could you add your group´s COOP missions so we don´t need to spend some precious time creating our own (or waiting for some half assed steamworkshop makeshift mission)?

Cheers and hoping for ArmA Samples Mod finally see it´s glory too =D

I cant give any our missions cuz:

1. Missions are made in polish.

2. We use a3cs mod (my other thread) and u would not be able to run it.

@MistyRonini will swap models for beter ones soon.

@Pepehal yep its working in mp. Its dedicated to coop groups.

---------- Post added at 05:15 ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 ----------

Arma Samples Mod maybe soon. I have to think about it.

Ohhh boy, I wouldn´t mind a polish missions, had played czech and russian mission, as long as the objectives as straightforward, but if it has dependancies with private content so it´s a no go... hope some altruistic missionmalker gets the Nam hype and release a A3CV pack soon (nudge to Mistyronin, JCae and MathiasEdger lol)

[Edit] Alduric, if you´re up to fix some minor issues, I´d suggest to make the M203 flip sights of the M16A1GL "flipable" (they kinda obstruct the rifle ironsights) and the M16A1 bolt isn´t animated as the M16A1GL when ejecting the brass!

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Awesome stuff,

had a blast with it so far.

Only thing that's a bit odd is the menu music, you should put the original version from Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Other than that awesome,

cheers

I used this cover cuz author allow me to use it. I have no righs to use original one ;( its fine anyway i think.

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

;2750729']Ohhh boy' date=' I wouldn´t mind a polish missions, had played czech and russian mission, as long as the objectives as straightforward, but if it has dependancies with private content so it´s a no go... hope some altruistic missionmalker gets the Nam hype and release a A3CV pack soon (nudge to Mistyronin, JCae and MathiasEdger lol)

[Edit'] Alduric, if you´re up to fix some minor issues, I´d suggest to make the M203 flip sights of the M16A1GL "flipable" (they kinda obstruct the rifle ironsights) and the M16A1 bolt isn´t animated as the M16A1GL when ejecting the brass!

cheers!

Tomorow i will fix some reported bugs :-) this animations are on thie list ( animations work at first person )

You should also add those big Vietnami grass hats. Great mod Alduric, keep up the good work.

Is it possible to extract the map "Cedar Falls" out as a standalone mod?

Lovin' this. Going to incorporate it into our historical missions over at the 15th MEU.

One error I did notice.. on the USA all of the classes (101st Airborne, 1st Cav, etc.) all have the 101st Airborne patch. Do you guys plan on adding in the other patches? Or is it possible to get a set of units with no patch?

Lovin' this. Going to incorporate it into our historical missions over at the 15th MEU.

One error I did notice.. on the USA all of the classes (101st Airborne, 1st Cav, etc.) all have the 101st Airborne patch. Do you guys plan on adding in the other patches? Or is it possible to get a set of units with no patch?

Its bug. Its already fixed. You will see new uniforms and patches after update.....so...Wait for update :)

So with Alduric's permission (and possibly help), I am continuing development of this mod. I'm still learning things about configs and such, but hopefully I'll help reform this mod. Current Status: medics are now able to use the vanilla medikit.

Also: http://i.imgur.com/R17E3a5.jpg (555 kB) . Enjoy!

hey is it possible to support to support zeus? i always ge an noentry error, when i will start it with zeus