Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

Looking for help with English grammar and spelling inconsistencies in SP campaign

Hello everyone - I'm not sure if this is the right place for this thread, but...

I'm looking for some (native or not) good English speakers that can help me with my grammar and spelling inconsistencies in my text files. I'm not a native speaker and my English translations (from German) are usually... :rolleyes: well, let's say "not so good", but I think that one can understand what I want to express.

I'm making a new Arma 3 SP resistance campaign with currently 11 missions + several cutscenes. If some of you would agree to help me, then everyone could check two or three missions, as there is quite a lot of text in the briefings and in the dialogues.

Would be great to hear from you - much appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

I'd be happy to try and help out, I'm not perfect but I'm generally quite good when it comes to grammar (nerdy stuff :D).

Thanks, guys!

Das Attorney, I'd be ashamed of posting it here. :o I'll send you guys some text via PM, ok? :D

If anyone else wants to help, I'd be thankful.

Edited by Undeceived

Hi I could help if you like,

I had helped Rydygier a known modder in the community here on a Mission project for Iron front which included a mod that he built and had

information and instructions for it, as he is native Polish.

Spelling something is one thing, but proper wording and word order is another, some may be better at it then others,

but i practice this regularly or at least keep and eye out for it, especially here on the forums.

Word order is important because it makes the difference between something being said thats understood, and something said and not coming across as intended.

Send me a pm if you feel you can use my help.

Thanks, guys!

Das Attorney, I'd be ashamed of posting it here. :o I'll send you guys some text via PM, ok? :D

Sounds good :)

Thanks, guys!

That's fine for me.

If you still need help, I would be happy to offer my assistance. I am a native English person with very good English skills, ie grammar, punctuation and spelling.

I could also offer proofing of your missions on our own TheUnXploitables [TUX1] dedicated server, currently running dev version, we were beta testers for several of Kiljoy's, Dwarden's and others missions, under a previouse guise of SuicidESquad [sES] and have been involved with the whole OFP,ArmA scene since its inception, as well as having several foreign nationals that could help with translation of grammar and spelling.

Hey Caveman, yes, I really still need some help. :) There are still lots of dialogues to check. I'll sort out what is what and will get back to you via PM, ok? Thanks!