sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

im getting this error "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

uns_men_vc_recon", when i start a mission from the multiplayer editor. I come in the game and every thing is fine, all the units are there, even though it says that im mssing th pbo. The big problem is when i set the mission up on my dedicated server i cant get in the mission because of this error?? any help please? i have the pbo's in my uns/addon folder, and have checked the files via play withsix, and it shows every thing is fine?? thanks...

@vikasota - no, sorry, we took the view that all post 68 (doesn't mean 1968 as a date stamp, more as a reasonable split in the faction setup) soldiers could have had access to 30 rounders. the SOG had them in 67. All US army/ USMC had them by about 1980. the problems with the feed of the m16 caused colt and the DOD a lot of headaches throughout the period 67-71, so curved mags were not widely added, pending outcome of all the investigations and lab work on the 20 rounders. Saying that, the stoner and colt commando had 30 rounders, and some m16a1's had them. for more discourse on the mag types, and i won't be replying on this at all again, see here.

we have a lot of ex military and highly experienced gun users and smiths in the team and surrounding contributors, but, as it's a game, we just wanted to field units that could represent early and later parts of the war - the date stamp is more a common line drawn very roughly through the elements to make it easier for less obsessive/astute users to understand (e.g. the USMC camo pants are pure 69+ afaik). for our purposes, we figured, you can sue the 65 era units for battles where you want that type of weaponry and there is almost no other difference in the soldiers loadout... so you get two for one! the definition we used was fairly arbitrary. you can use your initiative and either change the weapons manually, or use the early units in your mission. there's no real difference in them except for the primary weapons, and the availability of some of the special weapons like XM203 or XM21 - these you can add manually, or attach a small group to the main one, using the late era design....

the '68 US Army units using 30 rnd mags in M16's should be renamed to '70 or '71 US Army units in my opinion because I learned from various sources that 30 rounders were more widely issued to regular soldiers in late 1970's or early 71's and in 1968, they were still rare and almost all had 20 round magazines, some vietnam vets who served in 68 claimed that they never saw any 30 round mags.

Why after installing the mod. when I go to the game is what's menu freezes every few moments. Practically nothing ever will do. The screen and sound are cut

Edited by maniek

20 and 30 round mags are present and will not be changed. Several gameplay-related reasons we decided to do it in that fashion. Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 12:59 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

im getting this error "Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

uns_men_vc_recon", when i start a mission from the multiplayer editor. I come in the game and every thing is fine, all the units are there, even though it says that im mssing th pbo. The big problem is when i set the mission up on my dedicated server i cant get in the mission because of this error?? any help please? i have the pbo's in my uns/addon folder, and have checked the files via play withsix, and it shows every thing is fine?? thanks...

Not sure about the withsix install method as I didn't have visibility into that. I know I have manually downloaded the @UNS folder from the install and it worked... can you see if you can try to download it manually and see if you get the same results?

no-one has the right to enter this thread and tell us how our mod should be made to please them. get a grip.

all future rivet-counters will be ignored. as is our right. we have a tired team, happy at last to be playing the mod in the light of day.

splatting the vc in the wire surrounding FPB Chizel during last hill battle of lowlands with spooky

spooky_zpseafb81af.jpg

lowlands end party - launch weekend hijinks

disco_zps338a83f5.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

I thought that Unsung mod was aiming for realism :( Well gotta hope that mission makers won't use the US Army '68 units if they make mission based before 1970.

Hey quick bug me and some buddies encountered.

It appears that when you respawn (Most of the time anyway) with the default ArmA 2 respawn, you are given default Arma 2 equipment. This can be a pain when you have AI running around with reddot M4's. This did not happen Pre 2.6.

I'm loving the update, but aside for variety, why are the NVA using the AKM so much? I thought that the AKM only existed in extremely limited numbers for the entirety of the war, and they only became commonplace once the US left.

keep moaning guys its freakin awesome encouragement lol

regarding realism - that's up to mission makers, not mod makers to enforce or not.

Edited by eggbeast

wait, the NV soldiers used something OTHER than AKM?! that's not what the movies have taught me! :mad:

Just wanted to say that you did an awesome job here. Lots of cool and detailed content.

Sadly I'm not gonna use it as to me Arma 2 is too old and full of flaws, but I hope you can manage to port it to A3 someday.

Again, really good job!

I still haven't had the pleasure to play it.

How about the SP content coming along with this release?

1 campaign (it seems) and how many SP missions?

Thanks

more pics from the launch partaaayy

hitting a convoy with zunis

convoy1_zps29ede655.jpg

skywarrior supporting river patrol with zippos

skywarrior_zps6248ebfb.jpg

I thought that Unsung mod was aiming for realism :( Well gotta hope that mission makers won't use the US Army '68 units if they make mission based before 1970.

As has been stated. Please enjoy 2.6 or kindly leave the thread.

---------- Post added at 19:31 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

I still haven't had the pleasure to play it.

How about the SP content coming along with this release?

1 campaign (it seems) and how many SP missions?

Thanks

Some items work only in SP but that's just due to the fact we didn't get a chance to iron out all the bugs. One item in particular is the CH-54 winch, which only works in SP. Didn't get it to work in MP unfortunately. I think the tunnel system also is only "guaranteed" to work in SP, hasn't been tested in MP yet.

Great mod! How on earth do I configure support of a supply drop? lol

I really wish the planes had caps lock afterburners. Then you can really use them on landing/take off from carrier. Landing at the carrier is hard with no landing aides :( see OFrP De Gaul :)

I'm getting a lot of crashes, but it might be my old rig :/

Using ace, it doesn't seem like pilots have blackout resistance at all :?

The missions like to crash and not have a primary weapon for players when there's supposed to be a 16. What's doing that?

Love the advanced options window in the modules. Really awesome for editing. And obviously, I love the planes.

Have you tried without ace and had the same behavior?

SS9 you have some serious problems there mate. sounds like maybe youre trying to play our non-ACE-tested mod with ACE on from the get-go which is always gonna be useless in terms of feeding back reliably to us so perhaps change your plan.

all of the jets have AB's. press vehicle turbo or use action menu to operate them. press crouch or action menu to turn them off, or they default off at plane max velocity.

they also have Rockand UNN's wheelbrakes, press crouch under 200km/h to activate, when on the ground or on the carrier.

tailhooks we didn't bother working on, too much work to fix all the models. use the wheelbrake, and sort your landing speed out. due to the collision issues with the nimitz (it takes damage unlike the LHD) i would not recommend trying to land the hawkeye on it. also you should practice landings for maybe a full week to get it right.

also the towing tractors script on the nimitz is a known bug. so are the elevators. they all tend to collide with the aircraft and cause it to explode. we added a user action "taxi to deck" to aircraft parked below decks. it's a workaround and it works. just odnt put the elevator down before you do it cos you spawn at the height of the main deck on the elevator position...

if you're playing with any mods except ACR lite or ACR (required) and CBA_CO (required) then please don't give us any more comments or feedback as it's useless to us and we cannot support any issues you raise properly.

anyway, glad you're enjoying it.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

on SP-only items: currently:

- ride-on water buffalo and cart

- vc tunnel complex

- SAM site auto-spawner

- CH54 winch to carry people out from the jungle floor

some part developed stuff that got put on back-burner prior to release (due to team fatigue):

- hand held knife that can be used with custom throat cutting and stabbing anims

- more vicious sharks, auto-spawning on swimmers, eating liferaft behaviour

- hawkeye radar and target location

- height control of flak

saying this, we added so much new stuff to arma, please enjoy what's there!

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 AM ----------

ok so gamingdeluxe has added ACR lite to their mod autoinstaller cpanel now, making it much easier to get our missions working on unsung servers they provide.

the two we host on XTRA (also on gamingdeluxe) are on our dedi box so we had ACR lite on there already, which is why these two ran all weekend. the other servers kept restarting, and it was because they had no ACR lite. worth knowing.

hopefully they should all be up in the next hour.

Ahah, Thanks for the answer, but I wasn't talking about SP exclusive content but SP campaign / missions content ;-)

There is 1 campaign from what I heard, and how many SP missions? Any new ones since Unsung 2.5?

Please help again. After installing the mod happens something like this on the menu, maybe twice succeeded in, the menu worked normally. In the video you can see what I mean, the menu turns on at approx. 1min vid.

It seems to me that he has installed and I've done everything right. On the freshly installed AO by stem, installed unsung 2.6 and I created a folder and file uns.txt, as described on page 1. The same AO works normally, but unsung freezes on the menu. What can I do ??

Edited by maniek

ok maciek, thanks for posting so clearly your error

maciek-1_zps4094ffa7.jpg

this (red circles) shows that you are only running operation arrowhead and not arma 2 and ACR combined with it.

to install OA 1.63 for unsung mod, you need to follow step by step the full install process for the game, then use the mod load system i described.

so here it is:

once you have downloaded the games in steam you MUST

1. exit steam and start it by right clicking on it and selecting "run as administrator"

2. check that game/properties/set launch options has a BLANK line - it remembers old installs and may put in -nosplash etc and this BREAKS the install process.

3. run each game once in order, go into the editor and place a unit and run about for a second. do this for arma 2 then for OA

4. Although it picks up the DLC automatically if it is installed, you still need to run them in this order in steam administrator mode:

--A2

--OA (will throw an error as BAF and PMC won't load first time out but don't worry)

--BAF (if you have bought DLC)

--PMC (if you have bought DLC)

--ACR (if you have bought DLC)

5. if you don't have ACR, download ACR lite and run the exe to install it.

6. make sure @CBA_CO mod is installed - this one is our server compatible version if you want to play on our servers, please use it.

NB: we also run @bp_bloodscreen, so add this file too if you want to play on our servers.

7. now to run your mods use this process:

a) make a new folder in your arma 2 install drive called e.g. D:\@modfiles\ this is where you will store your mod command lines (I use D drive but set yours accordingly)

b) make a new text file in your @modfiles\ folder called uns.txt

c) put this line in the text file and save it (*change the A2 path to yours, keep bloodscreen in the line if you are going to use it)

FOR ACR DLC OWNERS

-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ACR;@CBA_CO;@UNS;@BP_bloodscreen

FOR ACR LITE USERS

-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 2;expansion;@CBA_CO;@UNS;@BP_bloodscreen

d) in Steam Library, right click on Operation Arrowhead and click Properties then select Set Launch Options and enter this line:

-worldempty -nosplash -nologs -par=D:\@modfiles\uns.txt

*edit the path to your new text file

-nologs is VITAL to prevent lag in unsung clients, as we did not have time or energy to optimise all our code to work with the new patch reporting process.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

@wiki - the main plan was to get the mod out. nettrucker made an SP campaign which is in with the mod, and i made 4x evolution missions (with 2 more in progress) for MP.

others are bound to work on stuff now it's out, like insurgency or other missions.

oh shit, I thought of it simpler: / I did not know that I will still needed a amra2 and acr, thought that I just have OA :(. In that case, I must first purchase a rest and maybe I can run it.

Thanks for your help, because I'm Polish, and not all understand English perfectly :)

Really?

If you're that hung up on it just script in replacing the 30rnd mags with the 20rnd ones.

Thanks for 2.6 hope I can try it out soon!!

oh shit, I thought of it simpler: / I did not know that I will still needed a amra2 and acr, thought that I just have OA :(. In that case, I must first purchase a rest and maybe I can run it. Thanks for your help, because I'm Polish, and not all understand English perfectly :)
complete package with all DLC is £15 on bis studio atm as a special offer

https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-complete-collection-steam-version

Are there any pre-made missions for 2.6? I couldn't find any in the download.