sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

yeah i was taking a moonlit bath in the paddies

Very good addon, but why all OPFOR (Russian and Takistan) speak Vietnamese? Is it possible to somehow fix it?

why do you need takistani people with vietnamese war mod?

suggestion: don't just run all mods together as this can cause a lot of unexpected behaviours and bugs

why do you need takistani people with vietnamese war mod?

suggestion: don't just run all mods together as this can cause a lot of unexpected behaviours and bugs

I just said that nobody says anything.

P.S. I just tried to run this addon, but nobody said nothing, only coughing and sneezing

not sure if you understood me there but this is what you said

why all OPFOR (Russian and Takistan) speak Vietnamese?

are you now saying they do not? please can you clarify

not sure if you understood me there but this is what you said

are you now saying they do not? please can you clarify

They do not talk, they just scream in Vietnamese when they deal damage. Also, sneezes and coughs

ah yes, we could not produce a full vietnamese dialog system, so they do only do ambient talking, in vietnamese

is this a problem? what is wrong?

ah yes, we could not produce a full vietnamese dialog system, so they do only do ambient talking, in vietnamese

is this a problem? what is wrong?

Can i disable this dialog system?

P.S. I appreciate your work, but it makes it difficult to play

really? can you elaborate a little? how does it make it difficult to play?

are you running a custom mission that requires civilian dialogue?

really? can you elaborate a little? how does it make it difficult to play?

are you running a custom mission that requires civilian dialogue?

The whole point of Arma disappears when the soldier no one says

As far as I know civvies have never said anything in arma apart from scream when injured.

As far as I know civvies have never said anything in arma apart from scream when injured.

In all parts of Arma (even in Operation Flashpoint) soldiers spoke of their position, the position of the enemy, and the like

In all parts of Arma (even in Operation Flashpoint) soldiers spoke of their position, the position of the enemy, and the like

sorry i thoughtyou were asking about civilians man? can you possibly write more than one sentence to describe your issue? or else bug out.

user error!

user error!

Not really,

I deliberately removed it so it didn't interfere with our DSAI module. It has been discussed many times in the thread I'm not going to keep repeating myself sorry :)

Well I have a little announcement,

I just advised the team that I will be stepping down as team leader for the unsung. 10 years of modding has taken it's toll on me :P

I feel its time to let some new blood take over and hopefully a fresh approach is what we need as a team to move forward to Arma 3.

Honestly, I never really warmed up to Arma 3 I guess I won't until all our Arma 2 content finally makes it into Arma 3. I am proud to be a member of an outstanding team , we had a lot of ups and downs but when 2.6 was released everything I wanted to see in a Vietnam game came to fruition dreamt up from way back in the operation flashpoint days.

I can't imagine topping that. I have asked Bigstone to take over as the new team leader, he has been with the team since early Arma 1 days and I know he will continue the unsung legacy.

He will be the forth team leader which goes to show how the unsung is one of very few mods that endure and deliver.

I will still be around a bit in an advisory role and quality control, but I simply can't push anymore it seems 2.6 was my limit. Hopefully with the new crew the unsung will reach 3.0 and beyond.

I want to thank all new and old members for their support, hard work and dedication they put into each release. As this chapter closes I feel a little sad but know the unsung is in good hands and look forward to seeing it all in Arma 3 one day.

It was a blast ..... Thanks guys :)

300mmx150mm-exit-right.gif

Peace

Sav