sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

Hey Savage, sorry to hear that, seems like more and more of the "old" Devs are leaving since ArmA 3 isn't really what most had hoped for and BI shifted their focus away from working with the community devs.

As for ArmA 3, I have the same trouble warming up with it though I spent a lot of time on it, I always return to A2 for all the modern, not 2035style stuff. As long as that stuff doesn't make it into the game, it just isn't the full experience. Unfortunatly though, when following .kjus struggle for some official support on his AiA project, BI seems to have little interest in making that happen.

I wish you success for whatever your doing next, may it be gaming related or not and may thank you for your extraordinary work on the UNSUNG mod.

Now, Regarding the UNSUNG mod for ArmA 2. I don't know if there are still people out there playing it but I recently digged up some SP/COOP missions I created a while ago. I thought I might as well share them.

They feature full briefings and some generated Voice Acting, as well as the UNSUNG radio support system. I've only played/tested them a few times in SP.

If someone is interested, click HERE for the dropbox link.

Edited by Dar

Well I have a little announcement,

I just advised the team that I will be stepping down as team leader for the unsung. 10 years of modding has taken it's toll on me :P

I feel its time to let some new blood take over and hopefully a fresh approach is what we need as a team to move forward to Arma 3.

Honestly, I never really warmed up to Arma 3 I guess I won't until all our Arma 2 content finally makes it into Arma 3. I am proud to be a member of an outstanding team , we had a lot of ups and downs but when 2.6 was released everything I wanted to see in a Vietnam game came to fruition dreamt up from way back in the operation flashpoint days.

I can't imagine topping that. I have asked Bigstone to take over as the new team leader, he has been with the team since early Arma 1 days and I know he will continue the unsung legacy.

He will be the forth team leader which goes to show how the unsung is one of very few mods that endure and deliver.

I will still be around a bit in an advisory role and quality control, but I simply can't push anymore it seems 2.6 was my limit. Hopefully with the new crew the unsung will reach 3.0 and beyond.

I want to thank all new and old members for their support, hard work and dedication they put into each release. As this chapter closes I feel a little sad but know the unsung is in good hands and look forward to seeing it all in Arma 3 one day.

It was a blast ..... Thanks guys :)

http://www.firstsafetysigns.co.uk/WebRoot/BT2/Shops/Store2_002E_Shop1848/45F5/4FF8/ABCE/CABC/9FAF/AC10/3D29/38EB/300mmx150mm-exit-right.gif

Peace

Sav

Thanks you for your great work! Really enjoying it.

the rest of the team who aren't working on A3 are still here for helping any users or mission developers with tech support.

Hello boys, i was playing with some ambushes lately, and i have one question concerning Claymore usage. I can place them, i can set them off when coming too near to armed one (and killing myself in the process of course), i can set them off by firing at them with rifle, but i can get the remote controller (clacker) working. When i place the mine, i dont have any menu option to fire it, even if i have clacker moved from backpack to normal inventory. Whats need to be done to proper arm a claymore and set it off by clacker? Im sorry if this question have apeared somewhere on this forum before. I do have searched for it for a while but i wasnt succesful. Thank you for your time spendend with this awesome mod.

i apologize in advance, i had asked before

where is the A1 skyraider? i have 2.6 but i didn't find it, there is a patch?

ok the claymores require the special weapons function module that also makes the knives and bayonets, medkits and fuelcans work

the A1 skyraider is in the US Navy faction i think

It's nice that they are still interested in the mod.

Earlier someone had said that 2.7 was confirmed for A2. Has this since been scratched?

@akster22 Yes 2.7 has been scratched and currently the team is working on Unsung 3.0 for Arma 3. Slow progress, but surely we will get there. Cheers Bigstone

@Yac Hi man longtime no see I sent you a pm.;)

Ah, that's too bad. Oh well, the 3.0 release is definitely gonna be what gets me to buy A3. Best of luck in development!

Does this also mean we won't be seeing the A Shau valley in A2? that would be a bummer

Edited by akster22

@ Bigstone :) thx

@ Sav - sad news but I understand you perfectly, thanks for your cooperation ;)

Edited by Yac

Mod worked fine untill ysterday. Sudenly just lost AI voice n radio voice also. If i take unsung mod away the AI voice returns. There comes also now if i play with unsung an group channel in the left down corner of screen... something to do for not having any more my or AI voices??? Anybody else hav same issues?? Regards. Rsa79

Edited by RSA79

the mod runs a form of rug_dsai which makes the enemies shout in vietnamese.

friendly AI will also shout out all kinds of things in combat

it disables normal radio comms like "8 target that MAN at 3 o clock" as this is not very immersive in a vietnam mod

if you carry a radio (unsung one) you can hear radio chatter from real vietnam battles

same for vehicles

so which is it that is missing now?

Sorry if my question was asked, but can you help me with some info? Is there any possibility to control the stuff carried on M113s and the paintings on the hulls? Or they are fully random? Also if I'm not mistaken there was an ability to place patches on soldiers and paintings on the choppers in some previous versions of the mod. Is it still available?

Finally gave this great mod a try. Besides for some occasional memory error (something to do with all of the vegetation on the maps, ArmA hates vegetation) I am very impressed. But are there any good single player missions or campaigns done for it? Or a multiplayer server up running it?

Also I've noticed that the APERS/fletchette ammunition on the M48A3 and US static artillery has the power of a nuke going off.

Edited by ReconTeam

Also I've noticed that the APERS/fletchette ammunition on the M48A3 and US static artillery has the power of a nuke going off.
yeah aint it great lol!

for playing you can join our server any time - we play on it often and have events with full server, but mostly just a few guys play there at random times.

http://www.elite-warriors.co.uk/vbforum/showthread.php?3906-Evolution-Vietnam&p=12257

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

Is there any possibility to control the stuff carried on M113s and the paintings on the hulls? Or they are fully random?

Also if I'm not mistaken there was an ability to place patches on soldiers and paintings on the choppers in some previous versions of the mod. Is it still available?

yeah the old guide pdf explains how to do patches on units and choppers.

maybe in the readme pack?

pook has best explanation of how to customise the M113's, not sure if it's written down.

Quick question, for some reason I can't use any type of grenades/smokes, is there any reason for this?

Conflicting mods is usually what causes failures of certain weapons. Make sure you aren't mixing in any other mods w/ the Unsung. While there is a compatibility addon for ACE, it isn't guaranteed to work in the latest build. Otherwise with so little information, "IDUNNO". :)

US Troops run into VC Road Checkpoint (I have graphics turned down)

Quick question, for some reason I can't use any type of grenades/smokes, is there any reason for this?

assumingyou're looking for an arma 3 grenade key, which A2 doesn't have, try pressing F to change fire mode, which also switches weapon types to grenades...

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

MUST READ book about huey flying in nam

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chickenhawk-Robert-Mason/dp/0552124192

51KC1ARALbL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Would reporting bugs/errors from the ArmA2 version be of any help to the ArmA3 version you guys are working on? I can't wait for this in ArmA3. Hopefully the HDR won't be so blindingly annoying then.

@ReconTeam... I am awaiting for some old mod members from 2.6 to jump on board and get the ball rolling faster. OK;) Thanks for your enthusiasm, but it is a long process to complete a mod to its full potential. Take a look at how long it to from 2.5 to 2.6. So for the meantime just sit back and relax and enjoy 2.6.:cool: