sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

Thought so, awesome. Is there any list of already known bugs/issues so I don't spam with stuff that's already known?

nah we haven't really asked for any bug feedback.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

single units or single units that later have been grouped can trigger the traps. But I spawned a group with a waypoint passing through several traps and they don't trigger them.

good catch, so it's not really a major bug or anything. we can forget about it.

certainly never seen this in MP.

Is squad chatter supposed to be disabled in this mod? I'm not hearing any of the computerised voices and I'm not even seeing any text of my orders being issued or any kind of response from my troops.

Also, how do you enable the in-game radio station?

yes it is, as it is quite immersion-breaking

radio - either take a radio and carry it, or for the commercial radio, place a transistor radio near your location

Have you guys come across heavy cases of friendly fire? Many times friendlies completely disregard the fact that friendly units that are in front of them just to engage the enemy. Never really happened to me before, so is there anyway to fix this or turn off friendly fire?

Posting this here because didn't really happen before the Unsung mod.

no, not seen that much. are they using nades?

cos the new nades havent really been tested with AI properly and the proper blast radius may be a problem forthem, but otherwise no, not seen any of them machinegunning each other above normal occasional incidents

no, not seen that much. are they using nades?

cos the new nades havent really been tested with AI properly and the proper blast radius may be a problem forthem, but otherwise no, not seen any of them machinegunning each other above normal occasional incidents

Nades too, but I meant simple shooting. With nades they usually end up killing themselves and a friendly or two around. But if you happen to be in the line of fire of a friendly unit, chances are that you're going down. It's quite an issue in some missions I've made.

Hi, the new update is awesome

I want to ask a question, are the items like zippo lighter, manuals, food, etc... usable?

And I would like to to report what could be a bug with the EVAC transport module. When you load in and tell the chopper the LZ, if the pilot is not able to land there(for example when there are too much trees, or buildings) the chopper stays stationary in the air above the LZ, and won't respond to any commands, either aborting mission, RTB, or new practicable LZs. At least in SP this happens, but I will do further testings to confirm

About the friendly fire, it happened to me when crossing in path of a frielndly which is firing or starting to fire when I start to move. I don't see it as a problem(and I don't think it is)

About squad chatter, I noticed this too. As I have the green chat text disabled, I used to listen a lot to what AI said, reporting positions, status, etc... Now they don't say anything, but the VC, NVA, they talk and shout a lot

welcome to the thread davidS1 - glad you're enjoying the mod!

ok i made the items as a bit of interest to spice up th crates and boxes and backpacks, and obviously mission makers can use them for objectives or whatnot... but beyond that, no they don't (yet) have a use.

AI landing helis was one of the biggest problems in A3 mission making fior the past year, so it's not just unsung.

the chatter is too robotic for the game immersion, which is why we turned it off.

ok i made the items as a bit of interest to spice up th crates and boxes and backpacks, and obviously mission makers can use them for objectives or whatnot... but beyond that, no they don't (yet) have a use.

AI landing helis was one of the biggest problems in A3 mission making fior the past year, so it's not just unsung.

the chatter is too robotic for the game immersion, which is why we turned it off.

They can be used by mission makers for example in the same way the "folders" items are used by BIS for missions... steal them and RTB or something like that. One thing we use them for in MP games is to pad out someone's backpack when they go AFK. :)

Guys i want to know if there are any clans dedicated to unsung, and where to find them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

well we have 5 unsung servers, but we play that and uk forces depending on who wants to play what on the night/day

you're very welcome to play on our servers/TS (TS = over 18).

ok thanks man, can u give us a link to your website or whatever you use?

Edit: found it.. sig wasnt showing up

Edited by scottdog

They can be used by mission makers for example in the same way the "folders" items are used by BIS for missions... steal them and RTB or something like that. One thing we use them for in MP games is to pad out someone's backpack when they go AFK. :)

LOL... we used to do the same with ACE mines and satchels.. guy would come back to game weighing 150kg and pass out after running 50m :)

first initiative test passed - so you probably won't be getting lost in the boonies lol! see you in game

well, if you're feeling brave place 4 utility trucks next to the radar unit and stand well back...

one of my demo missions has a set of trucks in the desert map so you can see what happens when you vary them...

You mean one of my demo missions :p

---------- Post added at 10:29 ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 ----------

You mean one of my demo missions :p Note that the P12 group has X number of vehicles, the SA2 site group has Y number of vehicles, etc. The way the radar site spawn script works is via the group placement. So just place a group, hop in a plane and fly over. :)

nah i meant mine - the one i made in proving grounds... never looked at yours, but it's probably identical...

Thanks for the quick reply

About the chatter, then is there any way to remove the clock that show up at bottom left corner when me or other friendlies report enemy contact?

It's not a big issue, but it's like when you see it you know there is someone reported something but you don't know what and where, and may affect the immersion too

Btw, I've been playing a few mission campaigns and I have to say they are very well done, and must has been a tough job to create all the intros and final scenes

about the compass in the HUD: sorry man life ain't perfect and nor are we. the real army would have a lot more unsatisfactory problems, idiosyncracies and contradictory experiences if you tried that... we never set out to make anything perfectly, just set out to make what we loved to play with. that compass indicator tells you as team leader to check your targeting menu, which means you can identyify recognised targets, without all the robotic jibber jabber.

this forum is full of people asking for little changes to things and all of us who make the stuff really deeply resent that type of request. i guess a lot of people don't think about it much, but it wears down modders. check the big A3 mods out there at the moment. their threads are full of people asking for changes... rather than saying how grateful they are. at least you did that too, but as for the compass, learn to live with it and love it as we do.

@DavidS1

you should be able, to disable the clock indicator in your difficulties settings. On expert settings the clock indicator is set to disabled by default, you can disable the clock indicator also on the other difficult settings together with a whole bunch of other helpers and parameters. Go to Options - Game options - Difficulty- Choose your difficulty level by clicking on it. Once opened search for the clock indicator and disable it . . . then you're good to go. I'm playing always on Veteran but with my own settings. I'm using unlimited save game when playing missions or campaigns just to get a fluid playthrough. Nothing is more frustrating to restart the missions from the one and only save game on expert level over and over again. LOL :)

In case if you are referring to the Dong Xuan campaign I can assure you that Kommiekat and me have put the same effort into all cutscenes the same way as per the missions. When working on the campaign I was actually a bit worried if it would be up tp the task. Knowing the mission editing skills of eggebeast and some other members of the UNSUNG team I was actually pretty much worried for being honest. In any case i'm glad you like it.

The UNSUNG team has made an amzaing job . . . their talent is beyond any doubt. Best Vietnam Mod ever created for a videogame. :notworthy:

It's confirmed there will be another release for A2 slated 2.7

That's great to read guys! Would there be a chance of posting a WIP changelog for 2.7 on the first post to prevent us from reporting bugs twice?

I mentioned a terrain bug back on this post, but no one responded and I am not sure if it was picked up.

There are also AI path finding issues related to some of the Hootches where AI can enter but they can't seem to exit, bridges that AI do not interact with at all, setpositioned objects around bases that are incorrect, green bamboo that folds up into the sky when driven through, indestructible stick and tin fences, plants and small trees that are harder to knock down than large trees and the list goes on but I'm not sure how much you guys are willing to get into.

Would there be a chance to take that dufflebag that you have on the backpack pile and separate it into it's own model? Not as a backpack but rather just as an object. Something that can be attached to units for cinema and dropped here and there to dress up barracks, etc?

And one requests if ever you guys do repeat this in Arma3, would be Sampans, Junk boats, punts, floating houses and Vietnamese fisherman boats. Since under water tasks are possible there, these additions would fit right in.

The mod looks great. So many little details that other mods don't bother with, like GUI icons, great editor icons, gritty textures and random vehicle ID's. Plenty of stuff to play with. Thanks again for all yall's hardwork.

sorry we're not picking up any bug reports at the moment, just sorting a few things out we have had on the slate for a while.

there's little point posting anything in here. but thanks for your feedback.

ps there are sampans and fishing boats in the mod already

Saved, we know about most all of these. However there isn't much we can do for some of those at this time since many are due to the fact that these models are straight ports from previous versions where the pathfinding, etc. I fixed the bamboo problem of "white flashes" of the distance lods, and introduced the "fall into the sky" bug by doing so! So those are things we'll just live with for now for fear of introducing additional unforeseen issues. Some things are in fact being fixed but we don't have a public changelog, just internal as some new content is coming as well (e.g. 2.7 = fixes + new DLC)

Oh those boats you mention are already present... I know because I added them :)