sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

Hi all,

the SEELZ are back. ;)The update has been really great, a lot of new vehicles, aircraft, weapons and much more. I have needed several days to get an overview and I´m flashed, sittin on the truck with Aussies and listen to Vietnam Radio. :dance1:

I'm currently working to update my missions to the new unsung version 2.6 and the release will be in the near future.

Bugreport:

The textures of the backpack from the Special Forces Officer 68 are defective or do not appear if you look in-game over his shoulder.

I noticed that the XM-148 is not listed in Eggbeast unsung_classnames list and i didn´t found it in the weapons crate. However, if I set it into "description"-file of my mission, the weapon is in the briefing available.

Thanks fo this great mod and a big up for all the Unsung modders!:icon_dj::627:

It exactly the same as any other collapsable weapon. You will need an AI soldier carrying a weapon tripod. Get him to drop it near your m60 bag on the ground then select that unit and then hit 6 the option to assemble will be there. Theres probably other ways the community might help, but i rarely used this feature, but thats how i got it to work for me.

Good luck

Ok it's working, i was trying with ACE but i think it's not full compatible (with the last release)... Or am i wrong?

Thank you so much.

PS

I'm editng some coop with Unsung & ACRE... :cool:

Edit:

Is there any classname list? I mean classname of weapon, magazine and other staff...

Edited by Djmitri

Hi Guys, I have a question! How can I tow (with towing tractor or other car) the planes on the carrier deck? Thx!

Could you provide full classlist for mission makers?

Hi Guys, I have a question! How can I tow (with towing tractor or other car) the planes on the carrier deck? Thx!

We didn't implement towing tractors due to some issues w/ the carrier scripts. While you can use the elevators on the carrier, we found it easier (for now) to use the "taxi to deck" script found in the MP game. Otherwise just spawn the vehicles on the top deck and avoid the issues altogether.

Could you provide full classlist for mission makers?

See the previous post ;)

Hi, I was just wondering if you think the CMS medical system would be compatible with the new Unsung release? My friends and I have been working on creating an Unsung realism unit for a few months now. Seeing as how ACE does not work with the new version, we are trying to find every possible route to avoid using the absolutely god awful medical system available in basic Arma 2.

well there's a version of norrin's revive built into the EVO missions I made.

we also added single-use med kits that the soldiers can carry (though punji traps don't trigger enough general damage for them to work) - to use these, place a logic and the special equipment module on the map in the editor.

then you can also use healing at the MASH, the Dust-off helis and the ambulances.

apart from that, i can't really help - it's a mission-side issue, and that's down to mission builders to determine.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

further to pooks reply - if you DO use the towing tractor, it explodes on contact with the plane, and you cannot turn the plane around, or the whole assembly falls through the elevator into the water quite often...

this is why we added a custom script - that is triggered by placing the Special Equipment module on the map. then when you get into a plane on thecarrier, it allows you to TAXI TO DECK in the action menu, after it says SERVICING. it also allows you to choose, on certain planes, to rearm them with 7 different roles. to see this working well, try one of my evo missions.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

classnames are here (requires MS-excel)

PM me if you find any significant omissions or errors.

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I noticed that the XM-148 is not listed in Eggbeast unsung_classnames list and i didn´t found it in the weapons crate. However, if I set it into "description"-file of my mission, the weapon is in the briefing available.

and also explaining this issue:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?181703-The-Unsung-Vietnam-War-Mod-v2-6-Released-!!!&p=2759201&viewfull=1#post2759201

yeah we took it out, as it has the old style iron sights. you can use it if you want, but it is scope 1, so won't show up in editor, or with icons/pics etc.

same goes for a lot of older content. to ensure the older missions would at least run, we set the older equipment and units to scope 1. this means they will be playable in game, if you load a pbo mission, but if you load the mission in the editor, when you click on the unit, it will come up with a default unit, that you then have to replace manually with a new version... if you add an old weapon to an ammo crate, it won't have a picture, and you won't see it in the editor, but you can use it in game in a pbo'd mission. not much point though. we added over 100 new weapons with much nicer models and iron-sights. i would have kept the XM as it was unique, but the team preferred to keep the sighting and models consistent across the range of new M16/Colt Commando variants (you have an M203 M16, an XM148 Colt Commando and L2A1). at least you get to play with it privately! this should help explain to anyone else who might think there is a bug with the mod - it isn't a bug, it's a backwards compatibility feature!

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

I've played with planes a lot and did't find any bug for now. Just playing evolution noticed that at soldier has a lot of handanaimation bugs: he doesn't have anim for m72, on prone position you can't see anything using some weapons ( mac10 and uzi) and inside soma plane (a4 and a7) you have an arm im front of your eyes.
this is a known issue with a couple of soldier variants, like the USMC grenadier. change your soldier class, and report the class you were playing if you can. we are in the process of fixing them.

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Just noticed a small issue - the AI fire M1 Carbines way too fast (and probably the M2, too), faster than even the M2 Carbine can. Their unique firemodes should probably be adjusted, because AI guys with that thing are a death machine in CQB.

thanks man - we'll have to check this - maybe we left an autofire =1 or something in a burst class?

Edited by eggbeast

Hi, 109.70.148.108:2300 server, probably could use restart. For some time, one mission is in place and it can not be performed. SEA is in my opinion the best a map where the best feel the climate of Vietnam. Palm trees, rice fields, I like it :). Too bad not enough people to not playing. Perhaps it is precisely because the think there is something wrong with the script.

yeah i've been on holiday so i guess no-one else managed to restart the mission sorry! will go and take a look

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

ok its back up on cao bang

FLASH NEWS FROM THE UNSUNG TEAM

It's confirmed there will be another release for A2 slated 2.7 :yay:

There is more new content being added and bugs being squashed. We have been watching what you guys have been reporting and we are going through it.

Also we want to welcome back Hawkins!, one of the original unsung team members. Some might remember he was the man behind the famous Jungle Fever MP in OFP day's. There maybe a revival yet to come ? ;)

He is elbow deep into the mod creating new and exciting missions which we hope will be released in 2.7

Hey showmaker

I believe the AI will have some problems with these steep hills. LOL Kidding apart . . . wow more Islands . . . one of my favorite toys.

Thank you and the UNSUNG team.

cheers

How to increase the vehicles - mainly aircrafts and helicopters - fuel consumption? Thx! :)

the aircraft fuel consumption has been increased to add more immersion and limitations to pilots flying in a remote jungle AO.

you can refuel in airbases with the special equipment module running.

you also have fuel tank versions of aircraft and these have more fuel in them.

Edited by eggbeast

Thanks a lot for your work on the classlist Eggbeast.. much appreciated :o

the aircraft fuel consumption has been increased to add more immersion and limitations to pilots flying in a remote jungle AO.

you can refuel in airbases with the special equipment module running.

you also have fuel tank versions of aircraft and these have more fuel in them.

First of all thanks your response! :)

Yes, I know, that you increased the fuel consumption in the vehicles, but how much from the original values? Or maybe I see this script? I would like used this script my own planes, if this is not problem. Thank you for your help! :)

ok i understand now. we changed

fuelcapacity = 1000;

to

fuelcapacity = 400;

for typical aircraft

in the vehicle config in cfgvehicles of the mod.

for little helis and jeeps i made it 200-300

for each fuel tank i added back 200 fuel

so an A6 base class would have fuelcapacity =400;

then a LR BMB (long range bomber) version would have 2 wing tanks, so fuelcapacity = 800;

pookie also added siphoning of fuel tanks, and some other stuff, but i never did figure out how it worked. he'll have to explain that part.

ok i understand now. we changed

fuelcapacity = 1000;

to

fuelcapacity = 400;

for typical aircraft

in the vehicle config in cfgvehicles of the mod.

for little helis and jeeps i made it 200-300

for each fuel tank i added back 200 fuel

so an A6 base class would have fuelcapacity =400;

then a LR BMB (long range bomber) version would have 2 wing tanks, so fuelcapacity = 800;

pookie also added siphoning of fuel tanks, and some other stuff, but i never did figure out how it worked. he'll have to explain that part.

magic. :)

just does some calculations in a script, nothing fancy. "siphon tanks" script simulates pulling fuel from external to internal tanks. increases fuel by a percentage. "drop tanks" simulates loss of fuel reserves when tanks are dropped. decreases fuel by a percentage. some aircraft with centerline tank decreases one amount, while wing tanks decrease by a different amount.

oh and the scripts do some cockpit animations as well.

I'm not sure if there is a specific thread for bug reporting, but two things I've noticed so far is that the control surfaces don't move on the F-105, and the MiG-17 roll axis is quite off from the centre of the aircraft. Apologies if this has already been reported. Otherwise, great job guys! Any sneak previews of the kind of content coming in 2.7? :)

I'm not sure if there is a specific thread for bug reporting, but two things I've noticed so far is that the control surfaces don't move on the F-105, and the MiG-17 roll axis is quite off from the centre of the aircraft. Apologies if this has already been reported. Otherwise, great job guys! Any sneak previews of the kind of content coming in 2.7? :)

Thanks for the report. Can you describe the situation you were able to produce these results? Those two aircraft were looked over pretty closely and I cannot repro your findings.

Hi Guys! There will be soon new aircrafts in 2.7? For example A-37 Dragonfly, or OV-1 Mohawk, OV-10 Bronco, US NAVY A-1 Skyraider? Thx! :)

Hi Guys! There will be soon new aircrafts in 2.7? For example A-37 Dragonfly, or OV-1 Mohawk, OV-10 Bronco, US NAVY A-1 Skyraider? Thx! :)

No, none of those.