sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

Hi guys! What means the E-2 Hawkeye radar's symbols? (rain, wthr, ht, spotted) Thx!

Its unfinshed scripting its still wip

Words cannot describe how amazing this mod is.

After CWR2 I'm left speechless.

But this leaves my mouth dry and swatting the back of my neck...

Sadly I think that I've found a few bugs:

1. In some SP missions (Epicentre, Incountry & Village Sweep), my soldier carries an M16 but there is no icon for it in his gear menu which seems confusing.

2. In some SP missions (NPD1, Operation Warning, Dinh An), my team leader does not have his rifle, i.e. he is only armed with a Colt pistol. Yet when I check his gear he carries 4 magazines for a CAR-15!? Other members of my squad seem to suffer the same fate.

3. In the SP mission Pilot Recovery, I am greeted with the error message 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.uns_m576buck'

4. In the SP mission Pilot Recovery, my team leader does not have his rifle, i.e. he is only armed with a Colt pistol. Yet when I check his gear he carries 4 magazines for an AK!? Other members of my squad seem to suffer the same fate.

5. In the SP mission Op Lowlands, I am greeted with the error message 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.uns_m576vest'

6. In the SP mission Op Lowlands, I am greeted with the error message 'DSAI: no other free languages found (Side: CIV, Language: 'UNDEFINED') => solved by running the DSAI mod (forgot to add @RUG_DSAI to the target line)

7. In the SP mission Op Lowlands, my soldier carries an CAR-15 but there is no icon for it in his gear menu which seems confusing.

8. The SP mission Poison Ivy, doesn't seeem to want to start at all.

Am I missing something?

Like a folder to place in my userconfig director?

And yes I'm running this unmodded...

Edited by domokun

Regarding the 2.0 sp missions they are mot guaranteed to work in 2.6 thats why we never re-released them in 2.6 . In 2.5 we were using the old 2.0 group of weapons. In 2.6 we overhauled the class names of just about everything , and i did post on the front page of this thread to remove ALL 2.5 content before installing 2.6 for this reason alone. The missions were brought into 2.5 and were a bit hit n miss not really tested. So thats why they are not working probably.

Regarding our jets , I have been flying em for over a year with no issues. The a4 is a little harder to land than others , something we may look at in future releases.

But thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

What SAV said.

If there are any backwards aircraft controls please specify exactly which aircraft. We spent a great deal of time fixing reversed control surfaces from 2.5 and I am fairly certain all control surfaces on 2.6 aircraft are working correctly.

why the servers are empty? something happens?

I would say it is mainly due to not many people play A2 anymore other than DayZ and organized Clan tac nights. Add a large mod download to the entry gate and you have cut down your player count quite a bit.

The best thing to do is go on the =XTRA= Team speak and hang around, someone will probably jump on and want to play.

Here is the address: 92.111.145.114

I've played with planes a lot and did't find any bug for now. Just playing evolution noticed that at soldier has a lot of handanaimation bugs: he doesn't have anim for m72, on prone position you can't see anything using some weapons ( mac10 and uzi) and inside soma plane (a4 and a7) you have an arm im front of your eyes.

why the servers are empty? something happens?

Me and a couple of friends have been playing alot the last days on 109.70.148.108:2300, we're probably gonna play alot during the weekend

Could it be possible to post here when there is a main event with Unsung (like a big coop mission) in here?

So that we could know and join the server.

Thanks

Just noticed a small issue - the AI fire M1 Carbines way too fast (and probably the M2, too), faster than even the M2 Carbine can. Their unique firemodes should probably be adjusted, because AI guys with that thing are a death machine in CQB.

Just wanted to say what an excellent job you guys have done! Been playing this and having more fun than I have had in a long time. Whatever projects you guys will be doing in the future, I am sure they will be awesome. I'll go back into the boonies now...

Edited by Hawkins
spelling...

Regarding the 2.0 sp missions they are mot guaranteed to work in 2.6 thats why we never re-released them in 2.6 . In 2.5 we were using the old 2.0 group of weapons. In 2.6 we overhauled the class names of just about everything , and i did post on the front page of this thread to remove ALL 2.5 content before installing 2.6 for this reason alone. The missions were brought into 2.5 and were a bit hit n miss not really tested. So thats why they are not working probably.

Regarding our jets , I have been flying em for over a year with no issues. The a4 is a little harder to land than others , something we may look at in future releases.

But thanks for the positive feedback guys :)

Actually those 9 SP missions were re-released in v2.6

Maybe I should have specified that I removed all traces of v2.5 (as per your instructions).

Anyhow, is updating the class names in those 9 SP missions very hard?

If not, I could give it a try, provided someone could explain how...

1. In some SP missions (Epicentre, Incountry & Village Sweep), my soldier carries an M16 but there is no icon for it in his gear menu which seems confusing.

2. In some SP missions (NPD1, Operation Warning, Dinh An), my team leader does not have his rifle, i.e. he is only armed with a Colt pistol. Yet when I check his gear he carries 4 magazines for a CAR-15!? Other members of my squad seem to suffer the same fate.

3. In the SP mission Pilot Recovery, I am greeted with the error message 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.uns_m576buck'

4. In the SP mission Pilot Recovery, my team leader does not have his rifle, i.e. he is only armed with a Colt pistol. Yet when I check his gear he carries 4 magazines for an AK!? Other members of my squad seem to suffer the same fate.

5. In the SP mission Op Lowlands, I am greeted with the error message 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.uns_m576vest'

6. In the SP mission Op Lowlands, I am greeted with the error message 'DSAI: no other free languages found (Side: CIV, Language: 'UNDEFINED') => solved by running the DSAI mod (forgot to add @RUG_DSAI to the target line)

7. In the SP mission Op Lowlands, my soldier carries an CAR-15 but there is no icon for it in his gear menu which seems confusing.

Am I missing something?

I was able to repro the epicenter issue (missing icon in gear menu) and I assume (!!!) it has to do with the mission init scripting. This hasn't happened in MP where you get to pick your own gear from the ammo crates. HOWEVER I must point out it didn't affect my game at all, just the gear menu looks a bit strange.

Haven't looked at the other missions yet, but again this will take a bit of time to research.

Thanks for the feedback!

Just wanted to say what an excellent job you guys have done! Been playing this and having more fun than I have had in a long time. Whatever projects you guys will be doing in the future, I am sure they will be awesome. I'll go back into the boonies now...

Could this be hawkins da jungle feva man?

Am I missing something?

I think Poison Ivy was my mission (maybe mistaken) and one other starting off with "we've gotta get out of this place". Made them like 3 or 4 years back. So if its not been updated by the team that maybe the issue.

How do I fold the wings or have a plane spawn with wings folded? TIA

Planes with folding wings will automatically fold when initialized on the carrier deck. The manual wing fold action is available when an aircraft is stationary on the ground. The CH-34 also has a folding rotor option in the same fashion.

Wings are unfolded using the action menu as well, and are scripted to unfold when your plane reaches a certain speed.

Glad to see you still around Hawkins! Getting back into modding or just playing for the time being?

Could this be hawkins da jungle feva man?

It's been a few years Sav but surely being in the boonies for that long hasn't wiped out your lovely memories? :)

Great job on the mod though! Need to upgrade my rig so I can enjoy it properly but from the little I've played you've all done brilliantly. Glad The Unsung lives on!

Glad to see you still around Hawkins! Getting back into modding or just playing for the time being?

It's been a few years Sav but surely being in the boonies for that long hasn't wiped out your lovely memories? :)

Great job on the mod though! Need to upgrade my rig so I can enjoy it properly but from the little I've played you've all done brilliantly. Glad The Unsung lives on!

Pm me mate ;)

Hi guys, i'm using this mod and it's AMAZING!!! It's a really good work!

I have a question, i'm try to use the HEAVY MG, in particulary the US M60 MG bag, but i don't how how to use it... :eek:

Is there a key to press or action to mount M-60 with tripod?

Thanks in advance

Djmitri

Hi guys, i'm using this mod and it's AMAZING!!! It's a really good work!

I have a question, i'm try to use the HEAVY MG, in particulary the US M60 MG bag, but i don't how how to use it... :eek:

Is there a key to press or action to mount M-60 with tripod?

Thanks in advance

Djmitri

It exactly the same as any other collapsable weapon. You will need an AI soldier carrying a weapon tripod. Get him to drop it near your m60 bag on the ground then select that unit and then hit 6 the option to assemble will be there. Theres probably other ways the community might help, but i rarely used this feature, but thats how i got it to work for me.

Good luck

Just playing for the moment and making missions. Still have not quite recovered from the modding years back in the day. :D I'm always up for some MP coop of course. ;) Maybe try and get the band back together for some good ol' fashion boonie hopping with pink bunny suits?

I meant what do I put in the init line when I place something in the editor for it to fold its wings or spawn wings folded.

I think MOST planes (A6, A1, A7)with wing folds should simply require this in INIT:

this execVM '\A6_Intruder\scripts\wingsup.sqf';

The F4 is a bit different:

this execVM '\uns_f4\scripts\wingsup.sqf';

That should do the trick.

EDIT TO ADD - you *might* need to add a handle doing it directly in the editor, like this:

_scr = this execVM '\uns_f4\scripts\wingsup.sqf';

Edited by hcpookie
editor

Up for a jungle fever revival? Need mission makers for the next release ;)

Up for a jungle fever revival? Need mission makers for the next release ;)

Are Hawkins or X still around? :)

Drop me an email/IM Savage, I can do a few missions if needed. :) I have a few on the works currently.

Zulu1, I'm around, mostly been lurking though. ;)