sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

Hi keeway,

Following instructions can be found in the documents folder that comes with the mod:

"Open modules tab (F7) then select UNS enable special items module

When placed on the map the options to add / remove silencers to select weapons in the unsung arsenal

* Note not all weapons have silencer capability

Knife combat / Knife throwing:

If carrying a Kabar or Faban knife the option to throw the knife will appear when you are in range of the enemy. Remember to retrieve your knife by accessing the dead body (Gear). If you are close to an enemy you can also stab the victim. This will not remove the knife from your inventory and will not require you to retrieve it.

Attaching Bayonets:

Some weapons allow you attach bayonets it works in the same principal as the knife.

Med kits:

Field med kits are also available to heal yourself if there is no medic available."

+ demo mission utes_air_test_final - try the sks carbine and the sten for examples of silencer, bayonet

Thanks for fast reply guys :)

@Von Knudenberg One more question: How to stab? just by clicking a binded key or just selecting option from action menu?

@eggbeast will do for sure

And question for map makers: I have some problems with flashing textures on plants are we going to see a fix for it?

Setting up an attack on IDV

ville1_zps119cc0f9.jpg

Battle in progress

ville2_zps48d5614d.jpg

Chilling out and issuing orders during the battle

ville4_zps666a0fcb.jpg

Haz destroys a spider hole

ville7_zps6cbe8660.jpg

after an epic 8km race across country, settin up an assault at FARP Charlie

ville8-1_zps01226e6d.jpg

during an epic battle, surreal moment when a bird dog flies through flamethrower jets...

BIRD1_zpsf218bc5c.jpg

egg could you tell me something about your computer specs too :D?

Congrats to the release.:yay: I was enjoying my holidays No Internet access for 14 days. Great stuff. I'm downloading now. I was trying to download the non Installer version as well but the link seems to be broken can't access the page.

The video trailer is frigging awesome . . . a real masterpiece . . . simply stunning. Thank you for all the hard work you guys have put into creating this outstanding mod

You guys rock:cc:

@Von Knudenberg One more question: How to stab? just by clicking a binded key or just selecting option from action menu?

Option to use the knife on a target person should appear in your action menu. If you are close enough, choosing the knife option performs the stabbing action. Longer distance between you and the target will make you to throw the knife instead.

On a side note: If these options won't show up, try to fiddle with your right mouse button first. I just did a quick test and noticed I had to click my right mouse button before the knifing and clubbing options appeared in the action menu.

Help!!!! For some reason the support module won't work for me! I did everything the help documents told me to do yet it still won't work. I spawn in as a RTO yet nO scroll wheel option. Any suggestions? Thanks

This is what happens when you don't have any AA guns to ward off air piracy on the server...

This is what happens when you don't have any AA guns to ward off air piracy on the server...

Was this after you jumped off to have dinner?

I'm sad I missed it, When there is a lot of people on server it is like 3 am for me so I don't get to play with loads of people often.

Congrats to the release.:yay: I was enjoying my holidays No Internet access for 14 days. Great stuff. I'm downloading now. I was trying to download the non Installer version as well but the link seems to be broken can't access the page.

The video trailer is frigging awesome . . . a real masterpiece . . . simply stunning. Thank you for all the hard work you guys have put into creating this outstanding mod

You guys rock:cc:

I hope you had an enjoyable holiday! I bet 14 days without the internet was a piece of cake compared to those 14 days without the drum set (or did you take some lashed together tour kit with you)? :D

Many thanks for the overwhelming compliments regarding the video... Now, go and get some!

This is a awesome mod! The A-6 is the best bomber in the game. Good to fly this aircraft.

Thx the hard work! :)

Help!!!! For some reason the support module won't work for me! I did everything the help documents told me to do yet it still won't work. I spawn in as a RTO yet nO scroll wheel option. Any suggestions? Thanks

are you running CBA_CO?

are you running arma 2/OA 1.63?

do you have the radio module in your mission?

do you have a PRV25 or 90 radio in your possession?

A question please, could AI gunners use a Mortar or any other cannons by themselves with a module selection in the editior?

from beta testing i can confirm that they will fire if they can see you - mortars and D30s.

we didn't make them an artillery script. we had too many other things to do.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

from beta testing i can confirm that they will fire if they can see you - mortars and D30s.

we didn't make them an artillery script. we had too many other things to do.

Thanks. By way, just a suggestion, in case of getting some time in future, it maybe could consider using a module just like what Inv.44 Mod did for the A.I. mortars and static guns.

the mod's done buddy

Perhaps contact Savage to inform him to change his first post announcing somewhat a 2.7 patch, if the mod is done entirely.

Or will it simply add nothing, but fix bugs and errors only?

We will endeavor to correct and errors and bugs in our follow up 2.7 patch.

Kind regards,

Sanchez

the last poster is asking for new features... but the main point - cited many times here already, is that the mod is done for A2.

some of the team may make a patch to fix a few bugs we have noticed.

meanwhile we're not particularly keen to act upon people's new ideas or suggestions, nor fix minor inconveniences, or misunderstandings of how the mod works.

we can help people if they have problems getting something to work though, and positively encourage mission makers to develop their ideas while using the mod.

cheers

I would just like to Apologise to all who may read this post lol my swearing was a bit over the top ..... ( Blushing ) ... but it was funny as hell ,, looking forward to the next Chapter of " pirating" !!!!! lol

Bill70

Little details you may have missed...

Drop tanks/siphon tanks on most aircraft with external fuel tanks provides additional fuel (hardly ever needed I know) and dropping tanks results in loss of some fuel. Mig pilots were notorious for jumping a patrol of bombers en route to the North, making them drop their loads (no pun intended) and then running away so the bombers had to RTB with mission failure. Dropping tanks in-game now carries a penalty. (even with fuel consumption in Arma being what it is) Also dashboard lights to indicate drop/siphon condition. "Siphon" is intended to simulate redirect of fuel from the externals to the internals, refilling the internal tanks somewhat.

Working calendar for PBR and M113 drivers... month by month :)

Working M113 side ports for driver so the need to turn-out or go into external view is diminished. Try free look... you should find it easier to stay in first person mode when driving! ;)

Fully articulated DP-28. Check it out.

Flares in most vehicles makes night fighting actually viable. No more pitch blackness preventing game play. Spotlights on numerous vehicles, turrets, statics. Trip flares around some bunkers... the enemy is clever... if you hit a trip flare, you better hit the deck as you may be in their line of fire! Many bunkers have been camouflaged with brush, so like that scene in Platoon, you may not see them until you walk up on them. Same for some NVA vehicles.

Directional claymores... not just a big "boom" but you need to make sure you point it the right way. If you can't remember - the claymore is probably pointing the wrong way! You need your trap kit to place one, don't forget.

Scripted sync for all M113 camo, clutter, and decals in MP. What you see painted on that M113 is what your squad mates see as well.

Shotguns are very effective in the bush just like their real-world counterparts were. Try one, you might like it!

Recoilless Rifles are more effective than you think. Don't underestimate them.

Jeeps have working spare tires, spare gas cans, articulated windshields and canopies, commander spotlight, and animated antennas... yes they bounce!

The AC47 is a fearful asset. Puff and Spooky are your friends.

The SAM sites (single-player only for now!) are formidable. SEAD missions are really interesting... get your Wild Weasel on!

---------- Post added at 14:50 ---------- Previous post was at 14:19 ----------

Pics from this weekend's patrol through the Ia Drang Valley.

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%214024

Enjoy!

Perhaps contact Savage to inform him to change his first post announcing somewhat a 2.7 patch

It has not really been discussed in the team where we are going with future releases or what our intentions are for arma 3 etc. We are just using this time to recooperate after a year of full on modding. When we decide i will post our intentions here on the forums.

Hi guys! What means the E-2 Hawkeye radar's symbols? (rain, wthr, ht, spotted) Thx!