sgt_savage

The Unsung Vietnam War Mod v2.6 Released !!!

Are there any pre-made missions for 2.6? I couldn't find any in the download.

I have a dynamic CooP mission in the works .. Should be out soon (once I iron out the bugs).

yeah my 4 evos are in the mpmissions folder and also here

and some demo missions in the missions folder:

- ambient civs/animals, AI support radio module

- rifle range with all weapons

- unit demo opfor

- unit demo blufor

- vehicle demo (all vehicle units, all weapons, all traps and bunkers)

etc

and there's a campaign in the campaigns folder afaik

How do I get the air extraction module to work. I thought I just had to place it?

How do I get the air extraction module to work. I thought I just had to place it?

Check your @uns docs folder or theres a download link on the first page of this thread, there is a document in there called evac module

yeah my 4 evos are in the mpmissions folder and also here

and some demo missions in the missions folder:

- ambient civs/animals, AI support radio module

- rifle range with all weapons

- unit demo opfor

- unit demo blufor

- vehicle demo (all vehicle units, all weapons, all traps and bunkers)

etc

and there's a campaign in the campaigns folder afaik

Ah yes sorry... I had downloaded the PWS version for the server which doesn't have the extras.. the mega d/l link seems to have quite a few missions included.. thanks :p

Thanks for the headsup about the release and sorry for the delay before posting but I was enjoying a holiday :)

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (sgt_savage) on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Edited by Guest

thank Fox! hope you got to go somewhere nice man.

if not, come for some sunshine and surf in cao bang vietnam with us buddy.

btw ACR lite is also a requirement

has it really been downloaded 31,000 times from armaholic? mental.

Edited by eggbeast

has it really been downloaded 31,000 times from armaholic? mental.

Yes it has, but it surely counts the downloads from very first Unsung release, not only 2.6

However, it's still impressive, congrats boys!

One question: in the trailer we can see a guy shooting from the chopper in cargo position.

Is it integrated in the mod or should I download it too?

Let's call some of that "movie magic" for now ;)

Besides we have to save something for the next release!

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:28 ----------

Thanks for the headsup about the release and sorry for the delay before posting but I was enjoying a holiday :)

Holiday? What's that? LOL

Good to see you back. Everyone needs some time off :D

One question: in the trailer we can see a guy shooting from the chopper in cargo position.

Is it integrated in the mod or should I download it too?

This is one of the features that was planned, designed, animated and partially scripted, but eventually didn't make it in 2.6. Some of the choppers will have this feature in the next patch.

Ok, cause dyslexci released an independant addon to do it, wondered whether it worked with Unsung

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Here is the link for the vanilla version of the addon

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?132817-ShackTac-Littlebird-Enhancement-Mod-(beta)/page10

I'm aware of that addon, but never tried and don't know whether it works with Unsung or not. I don't know how dslyecxi did his addon, but I guess they behave in a similar way i.e you can sit on the door, aim around, shoot, reload and change the position. It's basically the same thing with the water buffalo in 2.6. You can mount it, ride it, shoot while riding, turn around, reload, dismount and shoot it.

Yeah, eggbeast asked dyslexci the authorization to use it in Unsung, so I guess it's the same.

I'm pretty sure it's not the same because I'm doing it for the choppers and did it for the buffalo.

Correct, it is NOT the same. The as-yet not-fully-implemented Unsung version has nothing to do with that other addon. Just to clarify.

Ok, no problem.

I'll then use it with Unsung ASAP, see whether it works (or not) until you release the Unsung one ;-)

Ok, no problem.

I'll then use it with Unsung ASAP, see whether it works (or not) until you release the Unsung one ;-)

Hello Wiki...

Worked there? Here I am trying without success!.

First off...my hats off to Savage and the whole Unsung team for this release! And it sounds like a 2.7 bug fix will be released as well...awesome! I'm so glad you guys stuck it out with Arma 2 before moving on to 3...major Kudos.

I'm afraid it's a little bittersweet for me though...please tell me there is a way to play the Single player portion of the mod without Steam...pretty please? Steam and I don't get along very well...even though I have a few Steam games...with my shotty internet and Steam forcing 20gb updates even though I tell it not to (hello...Shogun2) and also my daughter being locked out of her $450 Steam library for a week because of some re-authorization crap it's just not gonna happen for me. I just can't bring myself to add a game that runs perfect when I want it to...and add another layer of DRM and pain when Steam gets all...well...Steamy...lol.

I realize that it will be my own fault for missing out on this mod...but it sounded like you didn't need Steam for some single player stuff...is that true? If so...is there a non-Steam install procedure I can follow?

Anyway...congrats guys and take some time off...I'm sure you could use it! :ok:

I did ask dylexci but he never replied, sadly. Von K got it working independently, using a lot less scripting, which is why it's not in 2.6, as the scripting requirement is needed to avoid MP muck-ups. earlier I had adapted D's script to work without ACE but was asked not to continue with it and D retracted his invitation for anyone to have a go at it, which I had pursued with success.... never mind eh. afaik it still requires ACE,

anyway, the system proposed, along with a few other innovations by Von K, are all potentially doable in MP, we just ran out of steam to finish them all, sadly.

remember guys: this is a RELEASE thread not a DEV thread. we're talking history, and not requiring too many requests right now. be sensitive lol.

re patching - don't hold your breath, as we're all very tired so it may happen and may not. certainly we won't look lightly on any demands for fixes coming from people who have just loaded up the mod with ACE or other mods, or who have just piled in and not read the manual or asked about problems they are having and how to get them sorted, before declaring a bug to us and the wider world. and the "rivet-counters" who complain about anything they dislike because it fails their realism test - etc etc... once and for all - go play some other mod and leave us the hell alone! what we do, we do for a good reason, discussed in depth in our dev chat over months. e.g. magazines, dates in names, sounds, afterburners (think thrusters if you're getting all knotted up about it), landing hooks, akm's, weird helmets, blah blah blah... we are so not interested in any of that chat so please drop it completely. the whole team is in fits over some of the anally retentive feedback - laughing or crying (i told you we were tired) - so anyway, i speak for us all when i say, respectfully - play it as it is, and keep your thoughts to yourselves please.

@Force 10 - no you don't need steam or 1.63 for the mod to work mate, but you will need beta patch and latest CBA that works with that. and you will also be able to play my evo's in SP fine i think, so don't despair. however we cannot fully support bug finders who dont use 1.63 for obvious reasons (we don't have that version to replicate stuff with).

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

some shots from the launch party... still goin 3 days in...

battering the tree line with canister rounds

battle-1_zps6fafc2de.jpg

securing the village for the infantry

battle2_zpsa6d6cbc8.jpg

battle3_zps52a97303.jpg

battle4_zpsa928464b.jpg

resupply after the battle

battle-5_zps7bab9002.jpg

setting up in a new village near the AO

battle-6_zpsa2529eba.jpg

plastering the opposite riverbank with nape

battle-7_zps8c75a7bc.jpg

flak display at sundown - s60's targeting a huey

battle-8_zps4ec87cf3.jpg

then they turn on my F4

BATTLE9_zps72bafe3f.jpg

heading back to my pit after 14 hours of gaming... with a cracking bunch of players - thanks for the games guys!

BATTLE-10_zpsc42f1ff3.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

Don't worry, not asking for anything ;-) you did hell of a great job there, I'm just eager to play MP with you guys!

Would like to play some more mp missions on that? Is anyone going to make additional pack of them?

What I'd like to play are large combined armed operations with infantry, armored, helicopters, planes, hot LZs extractions... Just like the one eggbeast played yesterday.

well we have 6 servers up for the public wiki - hop on in. our sponsor GamingDeluxe has added ACR lite to the mod options in the cpanel, and will be adding unsung mod soon, though meanwhile they can borrow my server profile (unsung optimised AI) and install directory by FTP to set up anyone elses servers in UK or US.

there are bound to be other missions made. feel free to look into mine to see how they work.

As well as the full classname spreadsheet i made demo's of the air support, sniper trees, spiderholes, ammo crates, ambient animals, ambient civs, units and vehicles, aircraft carrier, resources modules etc etc for you to play around with prior to making your own missions.

Edited by eggbeast