Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Resistance has excellent campaign (*Spoiler*)

I have just finished the Resistance Campaign, it is very very good. Cutscenes are excellent and the hollywood moviealike feeling is just awesome, I was almost tearing up in the end heh. Missions are very good also and thats the important part.

Excellent work BIS. You have truly created something unique with Operation Flashpoint. Thank You.

Edited by W0lle

Finished it already!! wow.gif Holy shit, are you trying to set some new record or something? You've got to eat and sleep too you know.

It sounds like a really good campaign. I hope it's not too short. You finishing it after ONE day, kind of worries me.

Hey Snake: I ahve a question.

I've heard rumors that in the campaign, the russians execute the civilian populations.

Is this true?

BTW.. Nice job finishing the campaign so fast: Did you sleep?

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 30 2002,05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've heard rumors that in the campaign, the russians execute the civilian populations.

Is this true?<span id='postcolor'>

Its a friggin game. Lighten up. Oh yeah, hows that Chechen conflict going? You guys just building schools and homes like you did in Afghanistan?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ June 30 2002,00:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You guys just building schools and homes like you did in Afghanistan?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif

How did you think of this? I suppose your coming to this world wasn't even planned back then biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Snake Man @ June 30 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have just finished the Resistance Campaign<span id='postcolor'>

Great! Now you can start developing PMC FURY III, to take place on Nogova. wink.gif That should be a 300-mission campaign! biggrin.gif

Please tell us there are **SPOILERS** in the topic title please,, you just ruined it for me.!!

Hey, you think I made it up? Thats what your beloved Soviet Government told Russian citizens was what was going on in Afghanistan... Naturally they had a hard time explaining all the body bags.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey, you think I made it up?<span id='postcolor'>

i don't care, really

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thats what your beloved Soviet Government told Russian citizens was what was going on in Afghanistan... Naturally they had a hard time explaining all the body bags.<span id='postcolor'>

if you think all people blindly believed the state propaganda you must be very naive.

soldiers were returning home, like you said, zink coffins were flown back, so no-one had illusions about what was going on there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ June 30 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You've got to eat and sleep too you know.<span id='postcolor'>

I hope you remebered to breathe too.. tounge.gif

Now i know who the guy with the sky mask was that raided the Game lorry the night before my copy was delivered smile.gif

Nice work Snake smile.gif

Im currently enjoying the campaign.

*** WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD!!! ***

Snake: Remember that mission where you get 5 men, 1 T72 and 1 BMP to defend a russian base against a russian counter attack ?

The one you cannot win because of the hinds.

What was your solution ?

I mined the entire base, put satchet charges down too, retired to a hill 500ms away and waited for the Russians to arrive. It was very funny.

Did you notice that the vehicle target boxes turn yellow when they think its safe and start popping their heads out of the top of the tanks. hehe. Never noticed that before but then again I have never been told to take out a convoy with Armour support using only an AK47 before either.

Giskard

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (giskard @ June 30 2002,08:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Snake: Remember that mission where you get 5 men, 1 T72 and 1 BMP to defend a russian base against a russian counter attack ?

The one you cannot win because of the hinds.

What was your solution ?

I mined the entire base, put satchet charges down too, retired to a hill 500ms away and waited for the Russians to arrive. It was very funny.

Did you notice that the vehicle target boxes turn yellow when they think its safe and start popping their heads out of the top of the tanks. hehe. Never noticed that before but then again I have never been told to take out a convoy with Armour support using only an AK47 before either.

Giskard<span id='postcolor'>

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Hold on. your ruining it for those who dont have it!! *plugs ears* lalalalala i am not listeining lalalalala

J/K tounge.gif

Can you tell me which missions if any of the 20 take place on islands other than nogova?

Is the last mission still on koljugev?

I mean the last real mission because in the original and addon there was a no combat mission as the very last mission.

So is the last combat mission on koljugev?

Also i was wondering how the handguns work.

Since you finished the campaign could you tell me how the handguns work?

I mean can you still have binoculars night vision goggles a primary weapon a rocket launcher and a handgun?

Can you pick which handgun you want?

Can you pick the number of magazines for it?

Does it take up any of the 10 spaces for other ammo?

If not how many spaces are for pistol ammo?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ June 30 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Finished it already!!  wow.gif Holy shit, are you trying to set some new record or something?  You've got to eat and sleep too you know.  

It sounds like a really good campaign.  I hope it's not too short.  You finishing it after ONE day, kind of worries me.<span id='postcolor'>

the Resistance campaign is easy as hell. I finished it in 1 afternoon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scorpio @ July 02 2002,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ June 30 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Finished it already!!  wow.gif Holy shit, are you trying to set some new record or something?  You've got to eat and sleep too you know.  

It sounds like a really good campaign.  I hope it's not too short.  You finishing it after ONE day, kind of worries me.<span id='postcolor'>

the Resistance campaign is easy as hell. I finished it in 1 afternoon.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, it is posible that u finish it in one afternoon if you play without stopping. I completed Red Hammer in 12 hours. I was sleeping for 5 hours. tounge.gif

I don't have Resistance yet. sad.gif

While we're talking about resistance, how did you all do the mission "Trap". I've taken pout the small convoy, but I can never take the town. HOw mad.gif !!!!confused.gif??

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (zverushka @ June 29 2002,21wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've heard rumors that in the campaign, the russians execute the civilian populations.

Is this true?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, in the first mission you have to choose to tell where one of your friends are (that attacked the soviets) or run like hell.

"Shoot one of them every minute until they talk".. - Guba

Pistols: BIS added an extra line in the inventory - you can hold a pistol and up to 4 magazines as well as your normal inventory. You can have any pistol you want (altho the Glock is by far the best).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Resistance campaign is easy as hell. I finished it in 1 afternoon.<span id='postcolor'>

Now play on Veteran with SuperAI and no crosshairs off. Its tricky - believe me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Resistance campaign is easy as hell. I finished it in 1 afternoon.

<span id='postcolor'>

I find it varies more than other campaigns as your left to your own devices so much. Having to pick your own gear can really complicate things and I find the russians are a lot more adaptive than I'm used to. Several missions seemed to go to hell very fast when unexpected reinforcements turned up. Totally appropriate for the nature of the campaign but not what I'm used to.

Very much enjoying it though.

I think the campaing should be slighly easier than Cold War Flashpoint, but with the improved graphics my computer runs so much slower (FPS etc) it is actually much more difficult. And when I reduce the graphics settings things dissapear! (As expected when max objects is a low value, terrain V. Low etc) (But still when you dont (cant) see a T80 coming straight at you confused.gif )

I think the graphics power required to produce the new style bushes and trees are the problem, as when I am in the desert area things are much better.