Sign in to follow this  
Ice_Rhino

SpeedofSound - Missing Files

Hi

I downloaded said addon and every time I start ARMA I get 2 or 3 missing files being reported. That would not be so bad but it prevents me from previewing Editor work

Any Ideas? It is RC1 I am using of SoS from ArmaHolic

Thanks

IR

I don't think it's supported mate.. not any more anyway.

It does seem to work for me, I'm using V2 from PW6 ?

SJ

Yeah I don't believe SoS has been updated for the new sound engine, and by the looks of it won't be.

Best to either use default or JSRS at the moment, or just wait until DragonFyre or ACSE come out. However, if you don't use default rifle sounds that much, go ahead and use it or simply delete the relevant .pbo files that relate to the rifles.

I think it's sad that this mod seems somehow abandoned. No updates for ages now.

Sad because I really liked it and used it every time.

Edited by Nikiforos

SOS was my favorite too. I hope laxemann´s or tpM´s soundmod aren´t dead too.

@JumpingHubert:

Laxemann works with LordJarhead on JSRS DragonFyre now ;)

thanks for the info!

I fully respect modders but I don't like when they just dissapear without any further notice. I mean how hard can it be just to tell us if that the project is cancelled or that the modder has future plans or whatever.

Edited by Nikiforos

Since the config changes that stopped every weapon in my mod having sound, I decided to change the new configs and discovered that now the engine messes sounds so badly that it feels like your indoors or in a tunnel when a sound repeats like a gun shot. I'm so glad I've dropped SOS this issue makes it not worth all the hard work.

He did; just not in his thread.

A single-liner on the armaholic download page would be nice. I tried the mod the second time within the last 2 months. Decided to post about errors I'm getting. Turned out I'm not the only one. I'm grateful for the work he put in this mod but com on...

you bunch of ingrates don't deserve t ohave chris' hard work on his mod. outrageous comments here.

you bunch of ingrates don't deserve t ohave chris' hard work on his mod. outrageous comments here.

Are you for real? The reason people request an update is because they like his mod and to be honest they deserve an answer .

He is the one avoiding to comment on his own mod so why blame people standing there without any information and asking questions. He could easily answer here and tell us to !"uck off so everyone can shut up.

How hard can it be to give a freakin answer to his audience?

I have to agree with Egg on this one ,, after reading through the previous posts you all dont exactly give enthusiasm For our good friend BigPickles to even consider replying ,maybe a new strategy on your part would be advisable , Both Egg and I know Bigpickles very well and have helped / watched with his mod giving him enthusiasm to bring it to what it is ! Though yet again people like yourselves demanding a response from the author is something that is killing the Modding scene for Arma altogether , in the last few weeks speaking to modders on TS and hearing how they are considering stopping modding altogether due to sh..te they have to read through on there posts , maybe you should trying being more appreciative to the Author !!! Then JUST maybe he will be encouraged to give a reply ,, Maybe ............

Edited by Furb0

You are exagerating guys. Afterall they havn't asked anything bad, they are just impatient, not ingrats. However Nikiforos and the others could have been asking that in a polite way, maybe with a direct private message to the author without creating a new useless thread.

I personally expressed my gratitude for this mod many times before and even in PM if I remember correctly.

I also sent a PM regarding the 1.24 update( very polite ) and the problems that occurred. I was ignored and I'm sure others were ignored as well.

And finally the author is still active in the forums but just ignores us.

PS

Don't try to make us look bad, and by us I mean the people that really enjoy SoS but are disappointed because they can't play with it since 1.24 update.

Edited by Nikiforos

maybe he has a reason, why would you guys think you specifically deserve an answer? entitlement to use someones mod is entirely a one-way street - modder to user.

if you are keen to see an update, send PM. if no answer, assume there may be at some point and move on.

declaring your entitlement to have answers, or updates serves only a negative purpose.

same situation for many modders.

they do what they do cos they love it and its a great hobby.

if you guys enjoy it then great, but you do not have an entitlement to anything beyond downloading the releases and playing with them and responding to bug-finding requests, or development idea requests, if requested.