Sign in to follow this  
gfresco

How to? -- Randomly generated simple tasks

I am making a mission where the entire map has dynamically spawning enemies and civilians. I would like to add a system where there are randomly generated tasks that would prompt the player(s) to traverse the map. By randomly generated I just mean whatever task the player is prompted to do is random, I wouldn't be opposed to manually creating the locations for each task provided. The tasks in of themselves would ideally be very simple. The tasks I'd like to be randomly generated are:

1) Meet with civilian elder/leaders at a specific area.

2) Move & investigate an area (or series of areas, basically an externally directed patrol.)

3)Provide security (hold for a period of time) a specific village/location

4) Transport medical/food supplies from POINT A to POINT B

I know how to make very simple tasks in-game via the task module, but I don't know how to make a system that would randomly select from a pool of tasks and assign them. I also don't know how to fully set up the task-ideas I listed above.

If anyone could point me towards resources/guides/pre-existing scripts that handle this sort of thing, or offer me personal direction in scripting something myself, I would be very grateful