I have some plans to improve the UAVs. However I cant find the PBO file where the actual interface of the UAV is. Does anyone know where I can find it? If I have that...I can start

Initial plans:

- More altitude options for waypoints (700, 1000, 1200, 1500)

- Speed options for waypoints (limited, normal, fast)

- option to ungeo-stabilise the camera

Other planned functions:

- Slave camera to grid via interface

- Prefab attack-profiles by just giving a final attack heading in an interface

- Automatic area or route scanning by sensor

• Like 1

I had this out the other day I'll try and find it later. I'll let you know if you are on TS later.

an easy way to check would be to look at the class name of the uav in editor. then u go to config editor and go to cfgvehicles and that class name. scroll down and look at model and u will see the pbo there

I look at all classnames related to the UAV. All I found was the UAVs and the controller it self. Not the UI for the UAV.

Neither I found anything in the UI pbo.

I modeled an UAV with plans to add it in as a mod... New model, more along the lines of an MQ9. If you're interested... Hit me up I got another project I'm working on at the moment.

I actually did something like this as part of another mod

uav01.jpg

the uav control ui is "class RscDisplayAVTerminal". However, you can only add new buttons or scripts, you can't edit any of the existing options because it is all hard coded. From a coding perspective you could do most of those things IF you disabled the existing controls and made your own waypoint control script. Changing the camera might be possible because the geo stabilization is defined in each OpticsIn class.

• Like 2

You know that there is a file named "drones_F" in the Addons folder? Thats the file where you can find all drone types.

Playing around with ArmA 3's UAV's I had an idea for a new feature. To synchronize the AR-2 Darter with the ground UGV Stomper. Then the UAV operator can input a set of general predefined way points for either or both. The AR-2 Darter spots targets up high while the UGV Stomper goes to them and engages them. They synchronized with each other and work essentially together.

Secondly we need a smaller land based recon drone. And a smaller assault drone like: Foster-Miller TALON SWORDS units and lastly a land based Anti Tank drone like the US Army Multifunctional Utility/Logistics and Equipment (MULE)...

Thanks

I actually did something like this as part of another mod

uav01.jpg

the uav control ui is "class RscDisplayAVTerminal". However, you can only add new buttons or scripts, you can't edit any of the existing options because it is all hard coded. From a coding perspective you could do most of those things IF you disabled the existing controls and made your own waypoint control script. Changing the camera might be possible because the geo stabilization is defined in each OpticsIn class.

Is this mod available online, would love to have it.