Sign in to follow this  
BlackViperGaming

ARMA 3 RotorLib Suggestions by Black Viper

Hey everyone, and specifically Bohemia Interactive.

I would like to bring attention to this new flight model that BI plans on implementing in their new Helicopter DLC for Arma 3.

I myself am very curious on how this is to be implemented.

My main concern is will this new flight model be completely overriding the old "Arma"(for lack of a better term) flight model.

If the answer is NO, my question is, will you be able to freely be able to decide which flight model you prefer, exactly like the current dev-branch where you can select it within the menu? Myself and countless others have learned how to fly extremely well on the "Arma" flight model through countless hours of practice. We enjoy how it is fairly easy, while still having a level of difficulty to it. Sure its not "realistic", but this is a game,it should be fun and easy to enjoy, I realize it could also be considered a "military simulation", but I feel that title should stay with VBS. So if you are going to implement this new flight model, please leave the option up to the player.

If the answer is YES, then I am afraid you will loose quite a few supporters quite frankly for reasons I have stated above. I would consider that to be a terrible business decision and I myself will most likely choose to play another game instead.

In any case, those are my thoughts on this, and I thought I would put that out there for the community and BI to consider hopefully.

I fully respect the fact that BI is trying to make Arma a higher fidelity sim, and I encourage that.

Since I know there is no stopping the new flight model, I would also like to bring this video created by Dsylecxi to everyone attention. I feel that if BI is going to release a new flight model for helos, that these changes are a must. One thing I would also like to add is that I feel the whole 2d instrument overlay on the screen is a huge immersion killer. I know some hardcore realism players out there will absolutely get driven up the wall about that, if your going to bring new gauges, at least take the time to model them into the actual airframe. Please do not bring a broken flight model into a fairly stable game.

My biggest gripe with flying as a whole in ArmA 3 is....oh your rotor blade brushed that bush I see? Hmm. Let me just blow you up!

It ruins what could be such a good system. I dearly hope BI implements a fix of sorts for it in the Helicopters DLC.

Nowadays people don't even try anymore to educate themselves on topics they want to give their opinion on.

This thread is called "Suggestions by Black Viper" but 90% of the opening post is about how much it sucked if the new model was mandatory. It was stated countless times that it will be optional.

I was going to move this thread into the dev branch forum, but there is no actual feedback here (apart from Dslyecxi's video, which has already been posted in the appropriate feedback thread) and your question was already answered in yesterday's SITREP.

Please take the time search before posting and post in the proper place.