ruthberg

Kestrel 4500 Kestrel 4500 Pocket Weather Tracker (WIP)

Hello,

I have the same problem than others, I cant see the item when pushing the scroll lock or the shift + scroll lock.

It happens to me also wiht ATGRX Calculator, I cant see the item when pushing the pause key.

I´m also having the following error Also I get an error with Extended_EventHandlers...

Unable to use the three mods....

Advanced Ballistics

Kestrel

Sniper Calc...

Can someone help me with?

The BWMod Kestrel will be in the next version of AGM.

Nice to hear!

Does this work with the windsystem from CSE, too?

@legio4777, sounds like you're not using CBA - Community Base Addons

Yes you are right, now it seems to be working, and with the kestrel out I´m getting the following error:

"script: advencedballistics\fnc_calculate_wind_speed.sqf not found".

I dont know why I hve this because Im using also the advanced ballistics addon, I dont know if has something to do...

Im testing your mission example and It is included in the mission folder this script.... It is weird to get this error, Does it?...

I´ve seen that in this mission example there are a lot of scripts, Does it means that I ve to use it If I one use the Kestrel item?

Edited by legio4777

The example missions are optional. You do not need them in order to use my addons.

If you are using the Kestrel 4500 together with the Advanced Ballistics addon, you need to make sure, that they are both up to date (v0.7).

Both addons are work in progress and frequently updated. The release of new versions on armaholic and withSix is sometimes delayed. I am sorry for the incompatibilities that might occur some times.

Version 0.8 Changelog:

-Fixed wind readings being incorrect for AdvancedBallistics users after using team switch in singleplayer (this fix requires AdvancedBallistics v0.8)

Edited by Ruthberg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What values of windspeed can we expect? In an editor mission I escape out and no matter if I set "0 setwindstr 1" or "0 setwindstr 0", Kestrel shows speeds somewhere within 0-1.5 m/s range. Not sure if its ArmA and wind only works in combination with clouds...

Thanks for this greaz addon.

Thanks for the kind words. The Kestrel 4500 will only output the pure (unaltered) wind speed if you use it without AdvancedBallistics.

However, when used together with AdvancedBallistics, your wind readings will vary depending on your location in terrain, height above ground and obstacles in the direction the wind is coming from. This also affects the SHIFT+K wind info and of course the wind drift of your bullet.

You will only have full wind speed on flat terrain with no obstacles in the way and higher than 20 meters above ground.

If you want more information about it. Let me know.

Edited by Ruthberg

Thanks Ruthberg, so its terrain dependent as the Kestrel in BWmod, which is good.

It's just that I'm currently struggling with setWindStr and I don't know why this is; if maybe ArmA development branch is the cause... No matter what values y=[0..1] of "0 setwindstr y" I set, there does not seem to be a wind change. Your Kestrel shows slight wind, Rain goes straight down instead of going sideways (which definitely worked).

Your observation seems to be completely right, many thanks. I see no effect with setwindstr (seems to be broken), but setwind array works fine. I have to change it in my weather mod.

EDIT: And now I remember someone mentioned a bug of zero wind in setWindStr. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178376-setWindStr-setWindForce-possible-values&p=2699354&viewfull=1#post2699354

However, setWind works fine and seems to have no limits ;) - even setwind [50,50,true] works. Will have to look at what values are reasonable for different weather situations.

Edited by tortuosit

Version 0.9 Changelog:

-You can no longer access the device without having the corresponding item (class name: "Kestrel4500") in your uniform or vest

-Lea Addon file included

-The Kestrel 4500 display will now stay open as long as you hold down the key combination (SHIFT+Scroll Lock), or 10 seconds if you release earlier

I'm not into additem command, how can the Kestrel be added?

player additem "Kestrel4500";

I think that didn't add the Kestrel for me...? At least not visibly in the inventory.

EDIT: sorted it out. Above command is correct.

What is the Lea version about?

EDIT2: How often does it refresh? I don't know when exactly, but often I have seen it showing like 0.1 m/s crosswind no matter which direction I turn..., while I was standing in the open. But wind is strong. @AGM shows "strong wind from NNW", I see the clouds coming pretty quickly from NNW,,, also "hint str windstr" outputs a value >0.9, bit Kestrel reports almost no wind.

Edited by tortuosit

Great addition. Thanks for your work!

Noticed this while playing around with it:

Error in expression < Str(round((Kestrel4500_TOTAL select 3) / (Kestrel4500_ENTRIES select 3) * 10) />
 Error position: </ (Kestrel4500_ENTRIES select 3) * 10) />
 Error Zero divisor

I will try it, but as far as I know, there is no official solution to do that.

Edited by Ruthberg

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Version 1.0 Changelog:

-Added support for the new humidity simulation introduced with AdvancedBallistics v1.1

Version 1.1 Changelog:

-Compatibility update for AdvancedBallistics v1.3