TheoryOfWar

British Beret Modifications by Steel

British Beret Modifications by Steel

An edit of Kiory's Parachute Regiment beret.

Edit: V 0.3 now available. Including Royal Marines Officers' Beret and Royal Marines Recruits' Beret

http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x453/armydude911/rsz_24c99191f31a495b182d56d9b210f236_zps0505036f.png (269 kB)

I was granted permission by Kiory to edit his original model (thank-you again).

List of edits:

- Fixed first person view error on the version that I used by adding in LODs

- Changed the beret shaping ever so slightly

- Removed the physical Parachute Regiment cap badge

- Re-textured to show Royal Marines colours

- Edited config

- Edited model config

Comments

- If your group uses it, please send me a screenie so I can see it being used!

- If you want more variations, contact me and I'll get them done for you.

Author: Steel

Author Website: http://www.42commando.org.uk

Requirements: No addons required

Version: 0.3

Signed: No

Short description: This is a beret variation pack using Kiory's original model which aims to include a variety of correctly shaped, British military berets.

Description:

This mod will add a variation of British military berets to your game. In version 0.1, you will find just the Royal Marines beret but you can expect version 1.0 to hold at least 10 different variations. These variations will be based on requests from communities who make themselves known to me.

Credits & Thanks:

Kiory for providing the original beret model

Rendo for being cute

Known Issues

- Shadows are a little bit off here and there.

- Colours are slightly off. It will get better with time.

Linky link for the download: v0.3 HERE

------------------------------------

Notes: I used an existing armaholic release to base this post on in an effort to make this as structured and informative as possible. I hope you enjoyed your stay!

Edited by TheoryOfWar

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@beretpack2.png

@ steel;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

The colour of the Royal Marines lid is a bit off mate. It's a brighter green than that.

New version released.

Next version will hold:

RAMC selection

PWRR selection

Rifles selection

I also plan to re-shape the front ever so slightly so that the beret goes over the cap-badge slightly.

@Foxhound - Thank-you

@sonsalt6 - Thank-you for the useful information

@Morts - I appreciate the feedback although if anything, I would say it needs to be darker. I have a green beret on the desk in front of me and it's so much darker. However, this one hasn't been used so hasn't suffered any sun-bleaching (is that even a thing?) at all. I will see about a recolour in maybe a week or two when it has been used in-game by my community for a bit. It seems to be a load of different shades on all different screens and it looks different in my screenshots to how it does actually in my game.

Edited by TheoryOfWar

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

What sort of cap badges would be present on AAF and CSAT? Any examples available?

Morts is correct in that it needs to be a brighter green (it currently seems quite olive.) Also, the "recruits" (it's actually the Royal Marines beret and was worn by non Commando trained personnel, and now lads undergoing training and the RM Band Service) beret needs to be a lot darker.

Keep up the good work though dude.

What sort of cap badges would be present on AAF and CSAT? Any examples available?

http://www.mashreghnews.ir/files/fa/news/1392/2/29/327119_401.jpg (211 kB)

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Official_Military_Seals_of_Iran#mediaviewer/File:IRI.Army-Badge.svg

for csat 65th brigade para iranian

greece-independence-day-2011-3-25-7-10-43.jpg

greek green berets

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Morts is correct in that it needs to be a brighter green (it currently seems quite olive.) Also, the "recruits" (it's actually the Royal Marines beret and was worn by non Commando trained personnel, and now lads undergoing training and the RM Band Service) beret needs to be a lot darker.

Keep up the good work though dude.

absolutely NO because the render in engine usually is more dark than in oxygen

Edited by Zukov

I'll tweak the colours in my next release.

I'm struggling to understand what you mean by making the green beret lighter. To me, it's clearly TOO bright and needs to come wayyy down.

Also, I named the blue beret the "Recruit beret" because that's the only use that my community will have for it. We (unfortunately) don't have a band service to go with it :(

Not to insult your inteligence, but are you sure you have the correct beret?

This is mine and as you can see it's a 'brighter' green than yours. The one in your screenshot looks more Rifles green.

869e75d3-2d20-49a6-81b4-84f4897f37e6_zpsf15225c9.jpg

It's wet at the moment so it's darker than it normally would be.

http://www.declarepeace.org.uk/captain/murder_inc/site/pics/SRR%20Capbadge_tn.jpg or what about a modified versoin of this or something with a hellenic theme

and for csat what about this ? http://www.cais-soas.com/CAIS/Images2/General/Lion_and_Sun.jpg

Edited by blackadder
spelling

Yeah that's the exact same beret that I have (I have been a fan of the Royal Marines since I was about 8 years old).

To me I would call that darker green. However, I'm not exactly an Art pro.

The colour that your picture represents is the colour that I am aiming to get in the final version.

AFAIK the RMC use Sherwood Green colour as their beret's.

Look's abit like this in game

arma3_2014_07_13_11_36_20_29.jpg

Yeah that's what I am after in-game. I'll get that out in the next release.

be more than happy to send that one over to you to use as a colour reference , just PM me and let me know pal

As a quick reference, try googling British Racing Green? to my eye, it's pretty much the right colour.

As a quick reference, try googling British Racing Green? to my eye, it's pretty much the right colour.

That colour always reminds me of the Aston Martin from James Bond :p

Vanguish1.jpg

On topic: Yes I agree, this colour is closer to the right colour (currently the berets are a touch too light).

That colour always reminds me of the Aston Martin from James Bond :p

Blasphemy! Bond's Aston's are always AM Silver. The Jag from Die another Day was green. Ontopic - nice work Steel, that colour Rabidus has is going to look really good.

The proper name for the colour is Lovat Green.