aluc4rd

Advanced Helicopter FDM Feedback

i would like to see that you can ajust the trim with the analog wheels on the saitek x-52pro.

(or other joysticks they are cabable of)

that would be perfect to set the trim perfectly. any hope this will be implemented ?

i would like to see that you can ajust the trim with the analog wheels on the saitek x-52pro.

that would be perfect to set the trim perfectly. any hope this will be implemented ?

FWIW, real Helos tend to use a a "trim to" button, that centers the trim on where ever the stick is, and/or a hat switch to manually adjust trim. So as it is now, it's pretty realistic.

I generally use the Trim to button once I'm under way to get a 'rough' trim, and then fine tune with the hat switch.

Not saying you're making a bad request, but just giving some context.

Also, would it instead be possible to use the trim wheels on your throttle as 'jog wheels' for the menu system? I've found mapping the menu system to a HAT on my Warthog throttle is pretty intuitive to use. Up/Down to scroll through menu, forward to select item, back to cancel out. I could see setting up the X52 with the wheel as a scroll, the center button as a "select" and another button nearby as back.

You can: I mapped both wheels on the trottle to the regular Nick/Roll function. So when I turn a wheel a bit, it shifts the center for the right stick. Just like analog trim for R/C stuff. But you have to make very slight adjustments, but the resolution of the analog wheel is good enough to make this possible. I also mapped tailrotor left/right to the slider on the throttle to adjust the trimm of the tail. It works fine.

Except for the lag of my inputs! There is still 0.5sec between my jostick movement + movement of the joystick in the cockpit, and the movement of the helicopter itself.

I am afraid that this will never get fixed.

Edited by BlackPixxel

I don't know if it was because I was drinking too much, but I'm finding the MH-9 fun to fly. It still needs the rotor torque loading fixed, but it can power through that incorrect behavior most of the time. Transitional lift effects also need to be more prounuonced as well, but I actually enjoyed flying it around Altis showing off the scenery to a friend.

Anyone else having problems after todays update (1.31.127.272)? I noticed the following...

- Unable to hook up sling loads (tested in MH-9 and Hellcat)

- Violent cockpit shaking in MH-9 when speed >180 km/h

- No engine/rotor sound in Hellcat

- I welcome new audio feedback in the MH-9 but the "creaky squeqy" sound starts as soon as you enter the heli and the new wind noise sound drowns the engine sound (maybe my settings???).

Just me?

/KC

Anyone else having problems after todays update (1.31.127.272)? I noticed the following...

Just me?

/KC

Yeah, I can't get sling loading to work on a Ghosthawk. I just finished praising the MH-9. But now it sounds like ship instead of a helicopter with that creaking noise. What's up with that violent shaking? Shooting out from the chopper is cool though.

- Unable to hook up sling loads (tested in MH-9 and Hellcat)

- Violent cockpit shaking in MH-9 when speed >180 km/h

- No engine/rotor sound in Hellcat

- I welcome new audio feedback in the MH-9 but the "creaky squeqy" sound starts as soon as you enter the heli and the new wind noise sound drowns the engine sound (maybe my settings???).

Just me?

/KC

I too am getting the creaking sounds even on the ground. IMO it shouldn't play at all until either the helicopter is carrying a heavy load or under stress from a hard maneuver.

Here's a ticket I wrote on the subject: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20849

Slingloading does seem to be a little glitchy this time around.

@KeyCat I don't mind the wind noise, at first it bothered me but I quickly got used to it. Remember the MH-9 doesn't have doors, the wind should be pretty loud. I really enjoy the creaking sounds even though as you said, it's overplayed even when sitting with engines off. It makes it almost a little nerve racking as it sounds like something is about to fall apart, I'm anxious to see how the new creaking sound will play into the damage and stress models. Flying with no HUD and judging damage based solely on sound and responsiveness of controls will definitely make it more interesting.

The creaks and rough sounds should occur during engine start up, warm up, and anytime you put stress on the helicopter during flight.

Better report sound or sling loading related issues in different threads or community issue tracker. This thread is dedicated to flight model configuration.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

The camera shaking has nothing to do with simulation. It is only visual effect that designers test based on speed and G loads.

[/color]The camera shaking has nothing to do with simulation. It is only visual effect that designers test based on speed and G loads.

A copter should not shake in that way. It would break like seconds after such "visual" effect would occur.

Besides the vmax of the copters are not even close to 180. Its more like 282 km/h. So why should that occur at 100km/h less?

This needs to be fixed asap.

A copter should not shake in that way. It would break like seconds after such "visual" effect would occur.

Besides the vmax of the copters are not even close to 180. Its more like 282 km/h. So why should that occur at 100km/h less?

This needs to be fixed asap.

Temporary bug caused by some tweaks of movement feedback in vehicles. Will be fixed. You can switch off the "camera shake" in difficulty settings for now for a simple "hotfix" (don't forget to switch it back on later;)).

Please, try to stick in this thread only to the flight model configuration / actual behavior of the helicopters in Advanced Flight Model.

for some reason, I can't pick up ANYTHING, with any helicopter. I am pressing RR or B, but no rope appears. I've tried everything in this thread but it doesn't work. I have sling load helper opened (or whatever it is called), but it doesn't work.

Please, try to stick in this thread only to the flight model configuration / actual behavior of the helicopters in Advanced Flight Model.

Sorry, for me is shaking below Vne without exceeding g-forces limit a clear thing of the (Advanced)FM.

for some reason, I can't pick up ANYTHING, with any helicopter. I am pressing RR or B, but no rope appears. I've tried everything in this thread but it doesn't work. I have sling load helper opened (or whatever it is called), but it doesn't work.

same here !

we have to switch the engine on manually. could it be possible that when you have the engine running and you get out, the engine keeps running ?

at the moment if you get out of the chopper it just turns the engine off. would be much better to do that manually!

like it was in takeon !

we have to switch the engine on manually. could it be possible that when you have the engine running and you get out, the engine keeps running ?

at the moment if you get out of the chopper it just turns the engine off. would be much better to do that manually!

like it was in takeon !

The convention in Arma is that "Eject" does that when you do it in a vehicle instead of "Get Out", but it seems like "Eject" is disabled even when on the ground for pilots of helos (works on on planes and other vehicles).

You might want to file a bug for that on the FT if it doesn't already exist. Ejecting on the ground for such purposes should still work even if "Eject" mid air is disabled.

In today's update there will be enabled stress damage on rotors. You find rapid raising of rotor blade angles (quick collective, cyclic moves) and aerobatics at high speeds impossible - because you may loose the rotors without any warning.

In today's update there will be enabled stress damage on rotors. You find rapid raising of rotor blade angles (quick collective, cyclic moves) and aerobatics at high speeds impossible - because you may loose the rotors without any warning.

Well I just noticed that lol

for me the tailrotor get damaged bei normal flying . the main rotor only gets damaged when pulling the joystick rapidly.

think the tailrotor damage is wrong, or ?

for me the tailrotor get damaged bei normal flying . the main rotor only gets damaged when pulling the joystick rapidly.

think the tailrotor damage is wrong, or ?

You can't even taxi in the heli

Almost any touch of the pedals seems to break the tail rotor.

Yeah, i am found that the tail rotor is are bit fragile. Sometime you just starting your engine and planning to take-off and suddenly tail rotor is dying. As if blown out by the wind. )

I waited to pass judgement on this "feature" until I actually got to try it. So I did. Its horribly inaccurate. The only helicopters where the rotors will fly off are those with a semi-rigid/teeter-totter rotor system (IE the Huey & Cobra) when you encounter excessive mast-bumping.

Further, I did a simple jink in the ghosthawk that a normal blackhawk can withstand, that is well within limitations, and popped the head off...