Sign in to follow this  
Skelt

Can you run a mod without making it a .pbo?

Hello,

I apologize is this seems obvious:

If you have your mod folder, with your data and config.cpp in it, is there a way to incorporate it into the .pbo of your mission?

for example:

missionName.altis

->mod_folder_name

-config.cpp

->data_folder

Can I somehow #include these items in the description.ext? The syntax seems friendly enough.

Or must I package my mod separately from my mission. I would imagine this is the case but figured I would ask.

This is my first time working with mods. Thanks.

In case mod content matters:

The mod is comprised of units and animations. The units inherit from default classes but use custom anims which are in the data_folder. They also use custom skins and identities.

Edited by Skelt
Clarity

Well you can always try making it a PBO and seeing if it will work. IF not then you have to create a separate PBO for the ADDON and ensure when you make the mission you include the ADDON PBO to ensure that somebody who wants to play the mission can access it.

Hi Whats the mission and whats the mod do?

The mission is a Co-Op survival mission similar to DayZ or Wasteland. It has a number of different configuration possibilities. I am aiming for 10 man Co-op but I do plan to make a dedicated server version for those wanting more players or enemies. The mod, as I mentioned at the bottom of the first post is units / animations / skins / identities (faces). :)

Well you can always try making it a PBO and seeing if it will work. IF not then you have to create a separate PBO for the ADDON and ensure when you make the mission you include the ADDON PBO to ensure that somebody who wants to play the mission can access it.

Yeah, that would be sweet if it would, maybe if I put the config.cpp in the mission folder and .pbo'd it, it'd work. I will try it out at some point. I think I have at least another week before I will be doing any alpha testing. If I can get the mission and mod to combine into one I will post back here.

Also I will be checking this post periodically to see if someone has tried this in the past. Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.

Or I'd suggest cracking open the TMR Realism Mod PBOs as if I remember they incorporated the mission into their Addon PBOs. I stopped using most of the features but I do remember seeing something like that. That may be the route you can go by keeping it to one PBO.