Sign in to follow this  
killjoyau73

Soviet "Hail"

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Czechoslovakia
Ustecky Region
March 13th 1987

After Reconnaissance operations conducted by Nemesis Troop, we have sufficient intel to launch an assualt on the Soviet blocking position around the town of Polna.
1st Platoon-Fury Troop-3rd Squadron-2nd Cavalry has been tasked to Destroy this position.

A3 version: 
Stable.

Addons required:

I highly recommend you use this mod too, It will greatly add to the immersion of the mission:

Blastcore A3

//

This is my third mission, a follow up to "Eyes on Ivan" which is also on the steam workshop. This mission is a mechanized assault with infantry, APC's and arty support.

BI Forums link

//

Download link Steam Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=295774373&searchtext=

Edited by killjoyau73

would you mind uploading your missions elsewhere (e.g. Armaholic) than steam workshop? I'm eager to play missions on the old maps with real weapons on the new engine. I'll promise to provide feedback.

Not quite sure what the difference would be mate. You can actually load mods like usual with the new crappy arma 3 launcher if that's what the problem is. Sorry not quite sure what you mean.

Awesome, I was hoping that you'd put another one of these out!

Also, Brainbug is asking that the mission .PBO be uploaded to another source, e.g. megaupload or Armaholic, so that it can be downloaded from another source than Steam Workshop.

Been pretty busy with work and stupid real life stuff mate so it's taken me awhile to finish it.

Yeah i figured that's what he meant but i just wasn't sure why. I guess it's a lot easier to keep all your missions in order etc if you use the good old .PBO method because the steam workshop missions do just get cluttered as buggery after awhile.

yeah, I should have made a break and new paragraph between my first and second sentence, as they have nothing to do with each other, the second was not an explanation for the first, that was a misconception. Actually there are several reasons, one being the one you mentioned, then I generally distrust Steam as I do with everyone who collects my data and doing unknown stuff with it that is probably not to my advantage (a few years ago such an opinion was seen as paranoid, but after NSA, Facebook, Amazon, Google etc. it just turns out as being realistic). And I also think we should keep supporting community sites instead of betting the farm by putting all the content on Steam and then just hope that Valve will be as long-term-committed to Arma as the rest of the community - what's with the Workshop content if e.g. Valve demands more money from BIS in a few years, so BIS has to migrate to some other delivery platform?

Yeah mate I understand. Ill sort it out tomorrow. Won't be near my computer tonight. Ill put all three missions into a pack for you

---------- Post added at 08:01 ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 ----------

Ok Brainbug I've put all three missions into a pack for you

Download link - Czechoslovakian Spring

mission order is:

01 Soviet Nemeis

02 Eyes on Ivan

03 Soviet "Hail"

And you need these mods for all 3 missions:

CBA_A3

East vs West

Arma 3 Map Pack

And like i said in the first post, for mission three Blastcore A3 is highly recommended

Let me know if you have any problems. Have fun mate.

Edited by killjoyau73

cool, thanks! :thumb:

Good missions, looking forward to playing the next steps in this campaign. I usually would now continue by writing a long paragraph about all the bugs and shortcomings I came aross, but here I can't really think of anything that qualifies as a shortcoming, didn't even find typos (except in the title of the third mission, which only appears as "Soviet" in the mission list, obviously you didn't escape the quotation marks properly). That is why you really need to make more of this, I'm fed up with half-assed missions that are boring and don't work properly. And it is also refreshing to have a real weapon in hand again and not those fantasy plastic toys.

Edited by Brainbug

Thanks for the kind words mate, really glad you enjoyed it. I'm not sure about any further missions at this point. It will require far too many mods, that and work is about to get pretty hectic so time won't be my friend. But i'll do my best to try and maybe get another one out in the next couple of weeks before stupid real life gets in the way.

And maybe it's just a small few from the old community but i agree, everything in Arma 3 just doesn't have the same feel to it with all this futuristic stuff, and the super trooper Iranians just don't seem right lol

Great mission! Just played all three in a row and they're all great!

All three create great atmosphere, especially Eyes on Ivan - it really recreates that moment of "oh shit I've lost the rest of them!" After the first time getting lost and running into death via a Soviet fire team I stuck to the others like glue on the next attempt. Still hard to keep with them though (they need cat eyes bands for their helmets!)

But all 3 are just good, solid, fun missions. One minor problem is the voice acting - it's awesome to have proper voices in a mission but it's hard to differentiate them - so perhaps the HQs could have heavy distortion/radio effects run on the sound files to help with that? I'm happy to help with any voiceacting for the next ones, but I'm British so might sound odd coming from U.S soliders! Let me know if you want any lines though.

Also in this mission when you get told to Investigate the CP there's a bit from the Actual saying "...copy Fury 8...", before you get told to head off, but I don't think (might have missed it) Fury 8 actually reports anything.

Good job with all of them!

Quick snap took during this one:

DDFFF028AD657ADF5BF6B1112FF0515DB18E41BE

Mission Updated

Updated for use with EvW 0.7

NATO SF WEAPONS no longer needed.

Just a heads up for the guys at Armaholic :) a Big thank you to Armaholic for hosting and updating my missions.

Great mission, like the first two. Only one bug spotted: The line telling me to investigate the Soviet CP is relayed twice, the second time after actually reporting investigation by my TL. Otherwise great mission, in a scenario that's more visceral than the stock Sci-Fi stuff.