Sign in to follow this  
Lange

Resistance does resist!

Hi everyone!

Here the problem. OFP:R dies crash ALWAYS at the very same situation.

First mission: after the russions did arrive in town, i am leaving the office and leaving the city to the north.

when im (running/driving/whatever) the street to the north, suddenly the screen does fade to black. Guess there shall come a sequence (animation, next mission, whatever).

however - after fading to black i can count 3 secs down 3 - 2 - 1 CRASH. OFP:R just quits and drops me to the desktop. No errormessage - nothing. so i have no clue what happening.

Meanwhile i have tried nearly everthing: different detail settings, different resolutions, different systemsetting (swap)

System:

Windows XP Pro

Athlon 1.2GHz

512MB RAM

ATI Radeon 8500

2 x U2W LVD HDD

All Drivers (GFX/SMD/Chipset) are up2date and has been validated aganst other state-of-the-art games (sof2, gta3, sum of all fears,...) guess this is a OFP:R related issue.

any ideas? i cannot continue the campaign because OFP:R does ALWAYS crash at the very same point.

frustrated

Simon

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lange @ June 30 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">any ideas?  i cannot continue the campaign because OFP:R does ALWAYS crash at the very same point.<span id='postcolor'>

Never had this happen - OFPR hasn't crashed on my system since I installed it on Friday morning. Some sluggish behaviour, but no crash.

Have you tried doing a clean install (first OFP, then all updates, then OFPR, no inoff. addons)???

least you can get into the campaign at all! mine just crashes from the moment you click campaign on the main menu confused.gifsad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lange @ June 30 2002,18:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Meanwhile i have tried nearly everthing: different detail settings, different resolutions, different systemsetting (swap)<span id='postcolor'>

Have you restored the VISIBILITY setting to 900?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ June 30 2002,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lange @ June 30 2002,18wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Meanwhile i have tried nearly everthing: different detail settings, different resolutions, different systemsetting (swap)<span id='postcolor'>

Have you restored the VISIBILITY setting to 900?<span id='postcolor'>

Ofcourse! this was the first thing i ve checked. but i think it does not have sumthing to do with my performance. because it does happen eben on 640x480 with everything at LOWEST.

and as you could see my hardware shoudl handle OFP:R at ease especially if you keep in mind that i cant play OFP on 1280x1024 smoothly without any problems.

as i write before: this "addon" does remember me on OFP v1.00 wink.gif

hope you have an idea who to fix.

Simon

PS: its just an std isntallation.

Hi'yall,

mine calls it quits most of the time after I call R up. Then the logo, splash screens appear and then the desktop without a peep.

at other times - no apparent reason - it starts up fine and I can jazz around.

clean install, new boot, etc, none really helps.

anybody got any suggestions?