Sign in to follow this  
Aralvar

Is it okay to use this model?

I have obtained the ArmA III dog model from someone and it's unbinarized and everything. I'm not sure how they got it, however I'm wondering if it's okay for me to use it as a modelling reference in Blender? I don't need to use the model in anything else, just as a modeling reference.

Also, could someone tell me how they could have gotten a hold of the unbinarized dog model?

Only a select, very rare ways to do it that I've heard of(if they are even true). It's highly doubtful it's the A3 model, unless they used a 3d ripper or some crap like that(which is not allowed on these forums, and im pretty sure BIS wouldn't approve). There are good base animal models in the samples, or there are numerous 3d dog models floating around the web.

I have obtained the ArmA III dog model from someone and it's unbinarized and everything. I'm not sure how they got it, however I'm wondering if it's okay for me to use it as a modelling reference in Blender? I don't need to use the model in anything else, just as a modeling reference.

Also, could someone tell me how they could have gotten a hold of the unbinarized dog model?

The A2 dog is the same as the A3 dog so its most likely the A2 dog.

The A2 dog is the same as the A3 dog so its most likely the A2 dog.
If that's the case, then they could have gotten it from the official Arma 2 models (MLODs) sample release, which is certainly permissible. If you're not certain that it comes from there, then you could download the MLODs yourself from that link and use the included dog model.

Thanks for your help, I'll check out the files and see if it's the same one.