cruoriss

[COOP] All Out Warfare

What do you prefer :  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer :

• Every tasks avaliable from the start ( static , no randomization )
    • Tasks created by players ( push a button to create a randomly placed task )

Thanks ;)

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 20:10 ----------

I put

baseFlagPole setFlagTexture [0, "images\senyera.paa"];

in the ReBuild.sqf but not work, or the base not create well (not sign textures and not teleport to base) or base is created well but the flag not have my texture. I changed flagpole_F for flag_NATO_F in the base.sqf, but not work.

Second feedback:

1- The ambient combat is good, but have a suggestion.

1a. By default, appear OPFOR and IND factions, all vs all. I suggest parameter for decide what faction you like see, and alignment of this (BLUFOR+IND vs OPFOR for example).

1b. Maybe a exclusion zone in the AO operations (created task) for the ambient combat. Last night, i make 2 task, and the ambient combat units arrive on this zone and kill all enemy defenses placed for the task defense :)

1c. Maybe exclusion zone for the FOB, or friend defenses. For example AR and RL in the bunkers of the corners, 2 AAA units and 2 static AT units inside the FOB for perimetral defense.

2- The air transport is usefull, but when you land in FOB, when all the players exit the helicopter, this disappear, is no very inmersive. Can you make this AI chopper wait 20 seconds for disappear, or when all get out, this chopper fly to the 1500m of distance for example and disappear? Is only for inmersive ambient.

The mission at this moment is very nice, i play last night and is very interesting and usefull, these are some suggestions for improvement.

The mission seems to be very well optimized, the performance is very good. For me, good optimization is more important than quantity of functions and scripts you may have a mission, and now yours seems to be very well optimized.

Edited by Legolasindar

Second feedback:

1- The ambient combat is good, but have a suggestion.

1a. By default, appear OPFOR and IND factions, all vs all. I suggest parameter for decide what faction you like see, and alignment of this (BLUFOR+IND vs OPFOR for example).

1b. Maybe a exclusion zone in the AO operations (created task) for the ambient combat. Last night, i make 2 task, and the ambient combat units arrive on this zone and kill all enemy defenses placed for the task defense :)

1c. Maybe exclusion zone for the FOB, or friend defenses. For example AR and RL in the bunkers of the corners, 2 AAA units and 2 static AT units inside the FOB for perimetral defense.

2- The air transport is usefull, but when you land in FOB, when all the players exit the helicopter, this disappear, is no very inmersive. Can you make this AI chopper wait 20 seconds for disappear, or when all get out, this chopper fly to the 1500m of distance for example and disappear? Is only for inmersive ambient.

The mission at this moment is very nice, i play last night and is very interesting and usefull, these are some suggestions for improvement.

The mission seems to be very well optimized, the performance is very good. For me, good optimization is more important than quantity of functions and scripts you may have a mission, and now yours seems to be very well optimized.

1 . About exclusion zone that's not really possible, the ambiant combat simply create waypoints near players so even with a no waypoint zone the AI could engage units inside the exclusion zone . ( only a huge exclusion zone could fix your problem but it would "break" the ambiant combat dynamic )

But some kind of defense perimeter inside the FOB is a good idea .

A side parameter is also possible, added on to-do list .

2 . The air transport is an official function, i can't change it

Thanks, good performance was one of my main goal as my pc is getting old and big AI unit goups drastically reduce fps .

I found a problem with the CHVD. If you use CHVD addon version, when you enter the mission, this disable the addon version, but with the CHVD script version you can only change the view distance in the Aow Menu at base. The addon version can change VS anywhere, but script not.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Assassinate task feedback:

Actually, in the assassinate task, you need to kill a civilian (why?), and you have no way of knowing that civilian is. To improve the realism, would make more sense to kill a soldier, not a civilian without knowing why. That is, or kill a civilian, with a short text explaining why (is a drug carter, a murderer, etc ..) or kill a soldier.

And in both cases, especially in the civilian, would require a system to know who he is. It makes no sense to get somewhere, and kill the first civilian you see in the mark, just because you suppose this is the target. A simple system that lets you know at least the name of the civilian, to verify if it is the same name as the description of the task.

It might also be interesting to other civil operators were created in the area, so you have to make sure that you do not kill the innocent.

Assassinate task feedback:

Actually, in the assassinate task, you need to kill a civilian (why?), and you have no way of knowing that civilian is. To improve the realism, would make more sense to kill a soldier, not a civilian without knowing why. That is, or kill a civilian, with a short text explaining why (is a drug carter, a murderer, etc ..) or kill a soldier.

And in both cases, especially in the civilian, would require a system to know who he is. It makes no sense to get somewhere, and kill the first civilian you see in the mark, just because you suppose this is the target. A simple system that lets you know at least the name of the civilian, to verify if it is the same name as the description of the task.

It might also be interesting to other civil operators were created in the area, so you have to make sure that you do not kill the innocent.

Additional suggestion :

The target should walk around within the designated mission area and not only stand and wait for things to come. ;)

Additional suggestion :

The target should walk around within the designated mission area and not only stand and wait for things to come. ;)

I'll try to improve this task, a drug dealer among a crowd of civilian could make a good mission .

With an addaction to ask questions maybe, don't know yet .

I found a problem with the CHVD. If you use CHVD addon version, when you enter the mission, this disable the addon version, but with the CHVD script version you can only change the view distance in the Aow Menu at base. The addon version can change VS anywhere, but script not.

That's intended, i removed the addaction to avoid unintentional opening .

That's intended, i removed the addaction to avoid unintentional opening .

But this make i cant open CHVD normally, only can in the AoW Menu at base in the flagpole.

1 . About exclusion zone that's not really possible, the ambiant combat simply create waypoints near players so even with a no waypoint zone the AI could engage units inside the exclusion zone . ( only a huge exclusion zone could fix your problem but it would "break" the ambiant combat dynamic )

But some kind of defense perimeter inside the FOB is a good idea .

A side parameter is also possible, added on to-do list .

In the main web of the Ambient combat script LV, i found this.

Avoid areas

You can also make markers where Ambient Combat should not spawn units and which they will try to avoid during their patrolling. This can be done by making markers (RECTANGLE & ELLIPSE). Name the first one as ACavoid and just copy it so that next ones will have name like ACavoid_1 etc, up to ACavoid_30. These can be created on the fly, and AC will notice them.

And i have a question, where can modify the number of soldiers inside the patrols? If i like patrols of 12 or of 4? I not found.

Is there an easy way to get rid of the medic screams?

And i have a question, where can modify the number of soldiers inside the patrols? If i like patrols of 12 or of 4? I not found.

LV/ambiantCombat.sqf , search this line :

_grp = [_spawnPos, _side, [[color="#FF0000"]10[/color],3]] call LV_menGroup;

And change the 10 to the wanted patrol size .

I think it's better to have no "avoid areas", makes the AI more unpredictable .

Is there an easy way to get rid of the medic screams?

That's a bug in fact, leftover code from testing, i'll remove it in the next update .

(in the meantime here's how to fix it : ais_injury/func/fn_sendaihealer.sqf , remove all this :

_random = round random 10;
if (_random == 5) then {
_callmedic = [
"a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_13_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_14_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_15_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_16_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_17_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_18_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_19_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person0\P0_moan_20_words.wss",
"a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_19_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_20_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_21_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_22_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_23_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_24_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_25_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_26_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_27_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_28_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_29_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_30_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_31_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_32_words.wss","a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person1\P1_moan_33_words.wss",
"a3\sounds_f\characters\human-sfx\Person2\P2_moan_19_words.wss"];
playSound3D [(_callmedic call BIS_fnc_selectRandom),_playerdown];
};

LV/ambiantCombat.sqf , search this line :
_grp = [_spawnPos, _side, [[color=#FF0000]10[/color],3]] call LV_menGroup;

And change the 10 to the wanted patrol size .

Thanks, I saw that line, but was not sure if that affected the number of soldiers or not, my programming skills are nil.

Thank you very much.

Update: I do this, the patrol size is reduced, but not follow exactly this number. With 10, this create patrols with more than 12 some times. With 4, this create patrols with 8 for example.

But for me random with limit is a good system.

Edited by Legolasindar

Thanks, I saw that line, but was not sure if that affected the number of soldiers or not, my programming skills are nil.

Thank you very much.

Update: I do this, the patrol size is reduced, but not follow exactly this number. With 10, this create patrols with more than 12 some times. With 4, this create patrols with 8 for example.

But for me random with limit is a good system.

With [10,3] for example you will always have at least 3 unit + a random 10 other ( from 0 to 10 )

You can disable the randomization by using this synthax :

_grp = [_spawnPos, _side, [color="#FF0000"]10[/color]] call LV_menGroup;

Is it possible to merger AOW on altis onto another island. Kunduz Afghanistan for example? Or would that be too complicated? Thanks.

Mission updated, download latest version from steam workshop / mediafire template or wait for armaholic upload tomorrow .

( changelog in first post )

Mission updated, download latest version from steam workshop / mediafire template or wait for armaholic upload tomorrow .

( changelog in first post )

Great, i look the new version. Now its time for adapt my custom version with the new, hard work xD

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

I do not understand one thing.

"- Removed : COS script, replaced by civilian faction"

Now, have CIV in ambient combat? or only if i put manually with enemy creator?

You have to create the task from the flagpole .

Then a marker will be placed where the task is .

i couldnt find the flag pole. embaressing and frustrating as i really liked the way you've put this all together. very nice.

also i get an error that zeus1 isnt defined if i start the mission alone but not in slot 1.

New version work well, but many times when create from the water the first base location, my avatar appear swiming, and i need respawn for move.

And now my soldier appear at the start without map, this do i cant create base. In my custom mission, and in the oringinal AoW 2.6. But is very very strange, because before work, and it has stopped working. I restart the PC, but not have map. Arma 3 is the hell bad programmed. This is Arma 3 problem, not from you mission.

Edited by Legolasindar

Great, i look the new version. Now its time for adapt my custom version with the new, hard work xD

---------- Post added at 13:07 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

I do not understand one thing.

"- Removed : COS script, replaced by civilian faction"

Now, have CIV in ambient combat? or only if i put manually with enemy creator?

Civilian are now in the zone creator ( manual creation ) not ambiant combat .

i couldnt find the flag pole. embaressing and frustrating as i really liked the way you've put this all together. very nice.

also i get an error that zeus1 isnt defined if i start the mission alone but not in slot 1.

The flagpole is where you create zone/tasks, it's just next to the sign with the gun on it in the hanger tent .

This error won't create any problem but i'll fix it later .

New version work well, but many times when create from the water the first base location, my avatar appear swiming, and i need respawn for move.

And now my soldier appear at the start without map, this do i cant create base. In my custom mission, and in the oringinal AoW 2.6. But is very very strange, because before work, and it has stopped working. I restart the PC, but not have map. Arma 3 is the hell bad programmed.

Don't use the swim up/down keys (A/W or Z/Q), i've yet to found a fix to unstuck player from this animation .

EDIT : Seems to also glitch when you swim forward ... but i've just found the command to unstuck the player

You used the save loadout feature without having a map on you ? If so just use random placement and re save your loadout but with a map on your soldier this time .

Edited by Cruoriss

You used the save loadout feature without having a map on you ? If so just use random placement and re save your loadout but with a map on your soldier this time .

I love you, this work very well, thaaaaanks :yay:

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

EDIT : Seems to also glitch when you swim forward ... but i've just found the command to unstuck the player

If work you can paste the command or update the mission? Thanks ;)

Great Mission!

Question: I was in a side mission to Destroy Ammo Box but I could not blow it up with anything? Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Vengeance

In my missión have a line in each player soldier for load custom loadout from the Arsenal.

For de Squad leader:

loadout = [this,[profileNamespace,"CC - Lider d'esquadra M4A1+M320 OCP"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;

For the Medic:

loadout = [this,[profileNamespace,"CC - Metge M4A1 OCP"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;

With you 2.5 version, work well, because the mission loadout saved is only loaded if exist in this sessions. When you close the session, loadout is "deleted".

But with you new 2.6 version, this load a AOW profile from the Arsenal, and this profile ever exist. This make the soldier only load a AOW profile, not a custom profile for Medic, AT, AR, etc...

Can you make the mission only load AOW profile, if not exist a line in the soldier init loading custom profile? Thanks.

Great Mission!

Question: I was in a side mission to Destroy Ammo Box but I could not blow it up with anything? Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Vengeance

Thanks,

The air supply one with camo on it i guess ? Though it could only be destroyed with rpg but must be broken, will fix it .

In my missión have a line in each player soldier for load custom loadout from the Arsenal.

For de Squad leader:

loadout = [this,[profileNamespace,"CC - Lider d'esquadra M4A1+M320 OCP"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;

For the Medic:

loadout = [this,[profileNamespace,"CC - Metge M4A1 OCP"]] call BIS_fnc_loadInventory;

With you 2.5 version, work well, because the mission loadout saved is only loaded if exist in this sessions. When you close the session, loadout is "deleted".

But with you new 2.6 version, this load a AOW profile from the Arsenal, and this profile ever exist. This make the soldier only load a AOW profile, not a custom profile for Medic, AT, AR, etc...

Can you make the mission only load AOW profile, if not exist a line in the soldier init loading custom profile? Thanks.

You can simply add a delay to your loadout : the AOW one load as soon as the player is alive, so add a 1 sec delay after player respawn to overwrite it .

( there's no way/script to detect if a loadout has been loaded )

And for the swiming animation i spoke too soon, i was only able to unstuck player from the swim forward one .

I'll do a workaround by freezing the player movement in the water ...