cruoriss

[COOP] All Out Warfare

What do you prefer :  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer :

• Every tasks avaliable from the start ( static , no randomization )
    • Tasks created by players ( push a button to create a randomly placed task )

I have a very weird bug - I've put this mission on my dedicated server, but every time I spawn a red enemy zone, every single enemy spawns under ground. It only happens on custom maps, it works perfectly on Altis and Stratis. I've never had this problem before, and I've played every version of your mission.

I have a very weird bug - I've put this mission on my dedicated server, but every time I spawn a red enemy zone, every single enemy spawns under ground. It only happens on custom maps, it works perfectly on Altis and Stratis. I've never had this problem before, and I've played every version of your mission.

Is your custom map loaded in the server ?

Since the mission have no requierement you possibly launched the mission without the map on server modset .

Of course it's loaded. As I've said - they spawn under the ground of the map somewhere and it's impossible to move them over the ground, even when I use Zeus. They just wriggle around like maniacs. I'll test this scenario on more maps, but so far the bug seems to happen on Gorgona and Crimea. Units placed in Zeus spawn normally on the ground, so maybe there's something wrong with the script.

Oh, one more thing - tasks that spawn vehicles and buildings also spawn them in weird places (under ground or hovering above ground).

Of course it's loaded. As I've said - they spawn under the ground of the map somewhere and it's impossible to move them over the ground, even when I use Zeus. They just wriggle around like maniacs. I'll test this scenario on more maps, but so far the bug seems to happen on Gorgona and Crimea. Units placed in Zeus spawn normally on the ground, so maybe there's something wrong with the script.

Oh, one more thing - tasks that spawn vehicles and buildings also spawn them in weird places (under ground or hovering above ground).

Couldn't reproduce your issue (tested on gorgona), but the only time i saw this kind of bug was when i played Takistan without loading AIA TP on the server .

( i think Zeus units are created locally, wheareas Aow ones are created on the server so that would confirm my thought )

Or maybe a mod conflict but that's quite unlikely .

Ok this is freaky, I've checked a lot of maps and some of the work great, some of the are unplayable with this scenario. For example Bornholm works perfectly - AI spawns on the ground and they behave like they should. But Takistan - some AI spawn under ground, some on the ground, some vehicles float through buildings, and every single spawned soldier has only few frames of animation. It's bizzare, and it looks like some stop-motion animation like in movies. I should note that there's no lag, server fps is very high (50), and every soldier spawned through Zeus works and behaves normally. I have every mod needed, the only thing that has changed is the new All Out Warfare version.

EDIT: God damnit, sorry for the confusion and wasting your time! Turns out that my dedicated server disabled some mods for some reason (or someone else did). Crap, sorry again!

Edited by Enzo_0

Mission updated to 2.7.

Mediafire online, steam workshop + armaholic coming .

EDIT : Steam workshop + armaholic online

Edited by Cruoriss

Thanks for the update, this is a great mission! Is there anyway that you could use the BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition on newly created vehicles?

Thanks for the update, this is a great mission! Is there anyway that you could use the BIS_fnc_addRespawnPosition on newly created vehicles?

Your idea got me thinking : instead of having 1 ugly MHQ, i'll add an option (like a checkbox) in the vehicle spawner to make the spawned vehicle an MHQ ( with the Bis function you suggest, btw i didn't knew this one ) .

I'll try to do it, shouldn't be too hard .

Mission updated with new MHQ system, download from mediafire/workshop or wait for armaholic .

A request.... A smaller base.

The base isn't that large to begin with.

How would making it smaller be an improvement?

On some maps, finding a piece of flat, open ground large enough to accommodate it's dimensions is impossible. By reducing it's size to something more utilitarian, a larger portion of the map becomes viable for use.

I'm trying to figure out how to use this composition.... compact, serviceable.

Capture_zps4qitox3j.jpg

Edited by lawndartleo

On some maps, finding a piece of flat, open ground large enough to accommodate it's dimensions is impossible. By reducing it's size to something more utilitarian, a larger portion of the map becomes viable for use.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/lawndartleo/Capture_zps4qitox3j.jpg

suggest breaking that into two compositions :)

Search for a clear location and then also search for a nearby clear location.

If both pass, then you can use both clear locations, 1 for the tent, 1 for the helipad

^ A little trick for larger compositions, to accommodate uneven and random terrain.

Also, allows the ability to not spawn a portion of the composition if a good location isn't found.

http://i834.photobucket.com/albums/zz268/lawndartleo/Capture_zps4qitox3j.jpg

If you can send me a mission with this composition i'll be able to add it to aow .

I still have on my to do list : add multiple base templates so you can change it during the mission .

Great mission! Is it possible to have the Satcom work in the AV-camera on the HUD?

One thing that I don't like, is that the Vehicle spawning menu is a bit clunky to use, besides that it holds up nicely!

My favorite mission used to be DUWS, but this takes the throne because of the dynamic features and the very good performance.

Edited by Fiddi95

Cruoriss,

If I package it up as a @mod usable by Zeus with @Ares as a composition, will that do? I just muddled my way through X39's excellent post on creating an @mod for use in Ares and its all together now. All I really did was make one of the default compositions using NATO nets.

Edited by lawndartleo

Cruoriss,

If I package it up as a @mod usable by Zeus with @Ares as a composition, will that do? I just muddled my way through X39's excellent post on creating an @mod for use in Ares and its all together now. All I really did was make one of the default compositions using NATO nets.

The best would be a mission .pbo but if it's an Ares composition i'll just use it, already have this mod .

Hey Cruoriss, merci pour ta mission !

But, I got a bug with the defense task, i have only one wave every time, don't know why ?

Can you hide Support Requester icons?. This ruin my screen captures, and i think is not necessary have this icons all the time in the screen.

Can you hide Support Requester icons?. This ruin my screen captures, and i think is not necessary have this icons all the time in the screen.

Without disabling it ?

What i do is that i change the arma hud settings to have the radio icons on the bottom right of my screen so i can't actually see them . ( not possible to do mission side )

Hi, quick question, what is the point of spawning the red enemy zones? I play usually with the AI patrolling and doing their own War on their own, so is there any point? Sorry if Im missing something!

I would like to know if there could be an option added to have the AI zones hidden? Maybe as a button on the Dialogue, show/hide Zones.

**Dumb question! just noticed already in there Doh! Sorry ;)**

Edited by Tay-uk

Small update released on mediafire+steam workshop (armaholic pending approval), first post update with changelog .

( haven't had the time to add a smaller base, you can take a look inside the mission files MissionCreator/BaseCreator/ if you want to try to add it yourself as i won't be releasing another update anytime soon )

Hi, quick question, what is the point of spawning the red enemy zones? I play usually with the AI patrolling and doing their own War on their own, so is there any point? Sorry if Im missing something!

That's the whole point of the mission, creating your own scenario by populating the map with enemy patrols/armies trough the red zones .

Edited by Cruoriss

Hi, what can i do to activate zombies??. I dont see any option at parameters. Thanks and nice mission!!!

I think the zombie option is not in parameters, its when you create the Ai zones, you select zombies as the faction on the drop down list.