cruoriss

[COOP] All Out Warfare

What do you prefer :  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer :

• Every tasks avaliable from the start ( static , no randomization )
    • Tasks created by players ( push a button to create a randomly placed task )

Hi Vince,

i really love your mission. Great job and runs smooth like nothing... :D

I have a few suggestions for any upcoming versions, maybe its something you like :

- Disable fatigue for AI units if player fatigue is disabled.

- Add a capture and hold mission (as opposite to your defend mission)

- A feature where a player can create an area-marker and select a number of missions and the difficulty of it. After hitting "create" the selected numbers of missions are created automatically and random (covering all mission types).

- An option that makes all enemy territory markers invisible after the player leave the mission creation menu, so that only the mission marker itself is visible.

Appreciate your work !!

Hi Vince,

i really love your mission. Great job and runs smooth like nothing... :D

I have a few suggestions for any upcoming versions, maybe its something you like :

- Disable fatigue for AI units if player fatigue is disabled.

- Add a capture and hold mission (as opposite to your defend mission)

- A feature where a player can create an area-marker and select a number of missions and the difficulty of it. After hitting "create" the selected numbers of missions are created automatically and random (covering all mission types).

- An option that makes all enemy territory markers invisible after the player leave the mission creation menu, so that only the mission marker itself is visible.

Appreciate your work !!

Hey thanks,

- For recruited AI ? Not sure if AI really care about fatigue

- Do you mean an enemy zone that turn into a defense zone when cleared ?

- Something like auto filling an enemy zone with tasks could be nice, yup

- Will do ( a simple checkbox when creating a zone to make it invisible )

- For recruited AI ? Not sure if AI really care about fatigue

Yes they do... specially AT /AA and Medics are falling back way behind a player if he/she is running a longer distance.

- Do you mean an enemy zone that turn into a defense zone when cleared ?

Yes, something like that. I mean a mission were players have to enter and clear a zone, capture it (no enemy within range, players have to stay for a tbd period of time). After that an ambush of enemy ai will start, maybe several waves (depending on difficulty). After successful defense, the zone is captured -> Mission completed.

- Something like auto filling an enemy zone with tasks could be nice, yup

- Will do ( a simple checkbox when creating a zone to make it invisible )

Great !

Yes they do... specially AT /AA and Medics are falling back way behind a player if he/she is running a longer distance.

Never thought about it that way, but that's a good point, will only take a few seconds to add it .

Yes, something like that. I mean a mission were players have to enter and clear a zone, capture it (no enemy within range, players have to stay for a tbd period of time). After that an ambush of enemy ai will start, maybe several waves (depending on difficulty). After successful defense, the zone is captured -> Mission completed.

Not really interested about that type of mission, but already had in mind the "several waves" part to add to defense tasks .

Hey Cruoriss wonderful mission, I seen that you now have support for IFA3, if I may ask can i host your mission on my website:

http://www.missionrepository.com/

I host all vanilla, IFA2, and IFA3 missions and files for Iron front (since 2012).

Im sure the IF community would love this mission.

Hey Cruoriss wonderful mission, I seen that you now have support for IFA3, if I may ask can i host your mission on my website:

http://www.missionrepository.com/

I host all vanilla, IFA2, and IFA3 missions and files for Iron front (since 2012).

Im sure the IF community would love this mission.

Hey, thanks .

Sure, i'd be glad to have my work hosted on your website .

AOW v2.2 online, first post updated with download and changelog .

AOW v2.2 online, first post updated with download and changelog .

Thank you for a really good mission. Me and my buddies play on this for the first time yesterday. This is basically all we need. Easy to use as well. GG

On thing though, when we did the "steal the car" mission we drove it back to the base but there wasn't any success hint. We might have done something wrong but just wanna ask if it's something you heard before?

Okay, so I ahve a question:

I want to make the enemy AI attack a town I am defending. How do i go about doing that? Also, how can i create waves of enemies?

Edited by iZver

Thank you for a really good mission. Me and my buddies play on this for the first time yesterday. This is basically all we need. Easy to use as well. GG

On thing though, when we did the "steal the car" mission we drove it back to the base but there wasn't any success hint. We might have done something wrong but just wanna ask if it's something you heard before?

No problem,

This task may be broken in dedicated servers, i'll check .

Good Job on the new AOW... Nice touch with the base placement option btw!

Bien joué!

Merci bien

Okay, so I ahve a question:

I want to make the enemy AI attack a town I am defending. How do i go about doing that? Also, how can i create waves of enemies?

Enemy waves can be created the same way as any tasks : Create Tasks on the flagpole > Click where you want it located > Select Defend > Create

Then another menu appear where you can set wave number/enemies .

Enemy waves can be created the same way as any tasks : Create Tasks on the flagpole > Click where you want it located > Select Defend > Create

Then another menu appear where you can set wave number/enemies .

Okay thanks. Another question I would like to ask you is: how can I delay the spawning of enemy ai? So, if I want time to prepare for their arrival, what would I do? Do i need to go the the spot of the battle, prepare, than go back to HQ, start the attack, and go back to the battlefield?

thanks for the fast reply :)

Okay thanks. Another question I would like to ask you is: how can I delay the spawning of enemy ai? So, if I want time to prepare for their arrival, what would I do? Do i need to go the the spot of the battle, prepare, than go back to HQ, start the attack, and go back to the battlefield?

thanks for the fast reply :)

The "delay between waves" was supposed to work for the first wave but it stuck at 10 sec, forgot to update a file ...

I'll fix it but right now you could use the 0-0-2 radio to create the task without having to return to your base .

I'm having an issue with the newest version of AoW.

When running it on what seems to be random points on the map when a squad of infantry walks on or is spawned on, all but the squad leader vanish, yet are still registering, they cannot be seen, and moving them up and dropping them does not reveal them.

Their icons always stay in the formation they are set to and if the squad leader moves, every 2-4 seconds the vanished infantrys Icons will reappear at their formation marks facing the dirrection he is moving and other npcs dont seem to even notice they might be there, they cant be seen, hurt, or interacted with in anyway and if you End kill them in Zeus the next time the squad leaders position is updated their body will appear in the formation point laying on the ground.

Ive disabled all of my mods and tried running it and found the same issue.

I restored and older version of AoW i happened to find in my recylebin and booted up every single mod i had and i'm having no issues at all compared to the new version, does anyone have any clues as to what might be causeing this, and are the older versions stored anywhere to be downloaded? Im currently not at my PC so i cant check exactly what version im running now, but it was back when AoW had static town assault locations so its quite old.

I'm having an issue with the newest version of AoW.

When running it on what seems to be random points on the map when a squad of infantry walks on or is spawned on, all but the squad leader vanish, yet are still registering, they cannot be seen, and moving them up and dropping them does not reveal them.

Their icons always stay in the formation they are set to and if the squad leader moves, every 2-4 seconds the vanished infantrys Icons will reappear at their formation marks facing the dirrection he is moving and other npcs dont seem to even notice they might be there, they cant be seen, hurt, or interacted with in anyway and if you End kill them in Zeus the next time the squad leaders position is updated their body will appear in the formation point laying on the ground.

Ive disabled all of my mods and tried running it and found the same issue.

I restored and older version of AoW i happened to find in my recylebin and booted up every single mod i had and i'm having no issues at all compared to the new version, does anyone have any clues as to what might be causeing this, and are the older versions stored anywhere to be downloaded? Im currently not at my PC so i cant check exactly what version im running now, but it was back when AoW had static town assault locations so its quite old.

That's in fact an intended behaviour : the latest version inclue a script that cache units far from players ( performance/fps saver) .

If you saw the disapearing issue only while using zeus that's normal .

While using you're unit "real body" you shouldn't see any disapearing as it only affects unit at least 1500 m from players, therefore it won't affect the gameplay .

Glad to see you've been following Aow long enough to have this old version on your pc :D .

So while the units seem vanished in zeus, they reappear when a player approaches 1.5km away?

And Aow is by far my favorite script for playing with friends, we can basicly run any situation we wish in a DnD style way, not to mention its compatibility with so many mod armys just increases how much we like to use it, so many possibilitys.

Edit: Ive tested it out now and this is infact how it works, but is there anychance you can add an option to the parameters when starting a game to increase the distance this reappears at, 2-3-4-5km etc.

Edited by Carthusia

Edit: Ive tested it out now and this is infact how it works, but is there anychance you can add an option to the parameters when starting a game to increase the distance this reappears at, 2-3-4-5km etc.

I'd say why not, still have some blank space in the mission parmeters and it's easy to do .

Will be in the next update, probably next week .

Sweet, that will be usefull because for me while players are fighting in a town, i like to prepare things at a distance, either up the road they will travel or simply get infantry inside of apcs, helicopters and such, when they are placed in the cache the infantry wont get inside vehicles and its very hard to place npcs in very particular locations such as windows, or having them spread out on their own before they enter combat.

Update 2.4 online, download from mediafire ( armaholic coming ) .

Any chance you can make it so that we can choose in the parameters menu at the start what supports are available, instead of just all of them or none of them?

I don't like the way that all players effectively have unlimited Airstrikes/Arty (makes it too easy) but would like them to be able to call for a helo taxi whenever they need to.

Also slight bug i have encountered when loading a saved game; My previous character, playing as Zeus, is still in the game after loading the save. Even though i'm in the Zeus slot, my new character doesn't have Zeus powers until my previous character dies?

Apart from that, these missions are awesome.......Best co-op missions/addon/Mod my friend and i have played!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

Hi Cruoriss,

would it be possible to that you include an option to choose between a static base / starting location (like in former versions of AOW) and the current flexible location of the HQ ?

(e.g. by commenting out the according lines in the init.sqf vice versa)

The reason is, that we are using highly customized maps with existing bases, devastaded locations etc. etc. and we would like to go on using these bases. (I'm aware that in this case some work in the editor has to be done, in my case by me).

Tbh i have not checked out your latest release. If you have this feature already in place.... please ignore this post. ;)

Regardless of your answer..... good job as always. We appreciate it.

Cheers

Any chance you can make it so that we can choose in the parameters menu at the start what supports are available, instead of just all of them or none of them?

I don't like the way that all players effectively have unlimited Airstrikes/Arty (makes it too easy) but would like them to be able to call for a helo taxi whenever they need to.

Also slight bug i have encountered when loading a saved game; My previous character, playing as Zeus, is still in the game after loading the save. Even though i'm in the Zeus slot, my new character doesn't have Zeus powers until my previous character dies?

Apart from that, these missions are awesome.......Best co-op missions/addon/Mod my friend and i have played!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

You could delete the unwanted support by opening the mission in the editor but i'll add a logistic/offensive only parameter in the next update .

The mission isn't supposed to be loaded from a save, i forgot to disable it . (it conflicts with revive and create bugs like the one you found)

Thanks

Hi Cruoriss,

would it be possible to that you include an option to choose between a static base / starting location (like in former versions of AOW) and the current flexible location of the HQ ?

(e.g. by commenting out the according lines in the init.sqf vice versa)

The reason is, that we are using highly customized maps with existing bases, devastaded locations etc. etc. and we would like to go on using these bases. (I'm aware that in this case some work in the editor has to be done, in my case by me).

Tbh i have not checked out your latest release. If you have this feature already in place.... please ignore this post. ;)

Regardless of your answer..... good job as always. We appreciate it.

Cheers

The base placement menu will only appear if the player is less than 100 meter away from the bottom left of the map on his respawn .

So you can edit it like you want .

But i'll add a template since there's a few object that need to have a specific name .

You could delete the unwanted support by opening the mission in the editor but i'll add a logistic/offensive only parameter in the next update .

The mission isn't supposed to be loaded from a save, i forgot to disable it . (it conflicts with revive and create bugs like the one you found)

Thanks

Good point..... i never thought of deleting it in the editor!

Loading does still seem to work okay for me, in the sense that the mission is in the same state as when I left it, I just have to do some weird "Looper" style killing of myself to get Zeus back :-D

I test you mission and is very nice, good work!

I have some questions:

1- In my community use its own standard with VCOMAI addon. Have any conflict with you VCOMAI+UPSMON already in the mission?.

2- Where i can modificy the civil ambient for reduce the number of civilians?.

3- I think the airplane spawn need to be similar to boat spawn, mark spawn point, spawn, and if you like teleport. I not like appear directly in the air. How can i change this?.

4- Where is the files for modify the base template for a custom base?.

5- Enemy Assault mission, used in my community, the enemy spawn randomly nearby of the players in all the map, for make a interception, patroll and ambushes to the players. Not only in the AO. This force players to hold the combat attitude all the time, not only when you are in the AO. You All out Warfare have this? And if not, you can implement this with a activate/disable parameters option for the mission?

Thanks ;)

I test you mission and is very nice, good work!

I have some questions:

1- In my community use its own standard with VCOMAI addon. Have any conflict with you VCOMAI+UPSMON already in the mission?.

2- Where i can modificy the civil ambient for reduce the number of civilians?.

3- I think the airplane spawn need to be similar to boat spawn, mark spawn point, spawn, and if you like teleport. I not like appear directly in the air. How can i change this?.

4- Where is the files for modify the base template for a custom base?.

5- Enemy Assault mission, used in my community, the enemy spawn randomly nearby of the players in all the map, for make a interception, patroll and ambushes to the players. Not only in the AO. This force players to hold the combat attitude all the time, not only when you are in the AO. You All out Warfare have this? And if not, you can implement this with a activate/disable parameters option for the mission?

Thanks ;)

Thanks,

1. If you keep the "Built in AI enhancement script" parameter on Disabled there won't be any conflict (if you enable it, upsmon/vcomAI will probably conflict)

2. You can't, i'll have to improve the civilian script, don't really like how it works atm

3. Good point, added to my to-do list

4. "AOWarfare_Custom.Stratis" folder, included in the armaholic download, to be used in the editor

5. Check the ambiant combat parameters, that's exactly what you're asking

You're welcome