cruoriss

[COOP] All Out Warfare

What do you prefer :  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer :

• Every tasks avaliable from the start ( static , no randomization )
    • Tasks created by players ( push a button to create a randomly placed task )

Hi Vince, any ideas why the flagpole just dissapear in every mission start?

Other question, what files do I need to modify if I want to add a different OPFOR faction?

Edited by AlexSegen

Hi Vince, any ideas why the flagpole just dissapear in every mission start?

Hey,

Disable ALIVE, current version makes every object with "enablesimulation false" disapear .

Hey,

Disable ALIVE, current version makes every object with "enablesimulation false" disapear .

Roger that, Sir. How about my second question? I won't make my mission public. Just want to add @Iraqi_Warfare mod to play with my friends :)

Roger that, Sir. How about my second question? I won't make my mission public. Just want to add @Iraqi_Warfare mod to play with my friends :)

Inside eos/UnitPools.sqf :

Replace the unit names after // EAST CSAT FACTION

_InfPool for infantry unit, _Arm for armored , _Mot motorized, ... etc

You can get the classnames used by your mod in the editor .

You may also have to add a dependency to the mod : the easy way is to simply put one of the mod unit in the mission with the editor .

( don't know if the last one is really needed but last time i tried without it just didn't spawn the units )

Inside eos/UnitPools.sqf :

Replace the unit names after // EAST CSAT FACTION

_InfPool for infantry unit, _Arm for armored , _Mot motorized, ... etc

You can get the classnames used by your mod in the editor .

You may also have to add a dependency to the mod : the easy way is to simply put one of the mod unit in the mission with the editor .

( don't know if the last one is really needed but last time i tried without it just didn't spawn the units )

Yup, I tried last night and it didn't respawn any units. I'm gonna try the vanilla version because it doesnt have any dependency on int. Will give my feedback later.

Also, we've been playing your mission and it's awesome. Lots of fun right there.! However, it would be better if the units spawn could be also set "random" in parameters, in my opinion. Thanks!

Heya! :) Two things:

1. I dropped my launcher and backpack just for a while fully intending to retrieve them later, butonly after a short while they dissapeared. Is this part of the cleaning up process of the mission?

2. Is there a way to tell the CAS called from the radio to return to base or go away? For example: Sometimes want the Apache to go away since its just hovering there unable to find the targets (most of which are inside buildings).

Thank you for the fun mission :)!

Heya! :) Two things:

1. I dropped my launcher and backpack just for a while fully intending to retrieve them later, butonly after a short while they dissapeared. Is this part of the cleaning up process of the mission?

2. Is there a way to tell the CAS called from the radio to return to base or go away? For example: Sometimes want the Apache to go away since its just hovering there unable to find the targets (most of which are inside buildings).

Thank you for the fun mission :)!

Hey,

1. Yup, part of the cleanup but i'll increase the radius ( atm if there's no unit around 5 meter is disapear after 10 sec, 50 meter should be better )

2. Not really, it should go away after cleaning the area but if not i can't do much about it as it's an official BI script

Thank you for playing .

Found a Major issue for Dedi's.

the Marker for the MHQ is client based and we had a bug where the marker would spawning over the map. if you have more than 3 people it will lag servers out pretty badly.

i fixed it by putting

if (isServer) then { //--> added
while {true} do { 
waitUntil {!isNil "MHQ"};
"Marker_MHQ" setmarkerpos getpos MHQ; sleep 0.5;
};
};//--> added

Hi bruh, I just want you to know that I finally could set ISIS as OPFOR and it's working great.

Also, I want to report that everytime we set our mission at night time (let's say 22H), it suddenly changes to day time in few minutes. We don't know why. This problem ruins our night super cool infiltrations to enemy towns.

PS: We set night time using Zeus

Thanks in advance.!

Found a Major issue for Dedi's.

the Marker for the MHQ is client based and we had a bug where the marker would spawning over the map. if you have more than 3 people it will lag servers out pretty badly.

i fixed it by putting

if (isServer) then { //--> added
while {true} do { 
waitUntil {!isNil "MHQ"};
"Marker_MHQ" setmarkerpos getpos MHQ; sleep 0.5;
};
};//--> added

Thanks, i'll include it in the next update .

Hi bruh, I just want you to know that I finally could set ISIS as OPFOR and it's working great.

Also, I want to report that everytime we set our mission at night time (let's say 22H), it suddenly changes to day time in few minutes. We don't know why. This problem ruins our night super cool infiltrations to enemy towns.

PS: We set night time using Zeus

Thanks in advance.!

Have you tried changing the daytime with the parameter ? ( the options in the unit selection menu )

Both method to change time are global and worked fine last time i tried, but i'll do some test and see if i need to fix something .

Is there a way to set tickets for the amount of times a player respawns? like, if i was admin, i could give each player 5 tickets. Then if i was feeling generous, i could give them more later.

It would go a long way towards preventing people from attempting to be heroes and becoming fodder instead if death wasnt so inconsequential. I tell ya, the amount of times the people i play with halo to a spot to become "support snipers" and then proceed to get killed only to try and repeat the process choosing a different spot, it drives me nuts.

On another note, i also think halo should have tickets. Or a way for me to turn it off and on at will.

Graaarr!

Is there a way to set tickets for the amount of times a player respawns? like, if i was admin, i could give each player 5 tickets. Then if i was feeling generous, i could give them more later.

It would go a long way towards preventing people from attempting to be heroes and becoming fodder instead if death wasnt so inconsequential. I tell ya, the amount of times the people i play with halo to a spot to become "support snipers" and then proceed to get killed only to try and repeat the process choosing a different spot, it drives me nuts.

On another note, i also think halo should have tickets. Or a way for me to turn it off and on at will.

Graaarr!

No option to do this on the scripts i'm using, and i probably won't add one .

That's one of the particularity of the mission : have acces to all arma features without restriction .

I know it can lead to a major clusterfuck on public server but that's a choice .

About giving admins more control over the mission i've no idea how to do it .

Is there a way to turn on shooting in the base?

Inside init.sqf remove the following :

[] execVM "scripts\safezone.sqf";

Mission updated, v1.9 online on mediafire and armaholic coming .

Hi there we have been running this mod (Chernarus) on our dedicated server and its great however unless I'm completely missing something we seem to be having an issue where once we create a objective any new players joining can only come in as spectator. Ideally we would like to run this mission on our server continuously for a period of time however ovbuosly we can not do this if new players can not spawn in. It also seems to apply when you logout and in again.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Hi there we have been running this mod (Chernarus) on our dedicated server and its great however unless I'm completely missing something we seem to be having an issue where once we create a objective any new players joining can only come in as spectator. Ideally we would like to run this mission on our server continuously for a period of time however ovbuosly we can not do this if new players can not spawn in. It also seems to apply when you logout and in again.

I appreciate any help you can give.

Hey

I was not able to reproduce the issue, you made any change to the mission ?

Or maybe some server side configuration, i've no knowledge in that but make sure it's set as persistent .

Mission updated and uploaded, huge changelog . :yay:

Download from mediafire, armaholic on it's way .

Hi Vince,

just made a short test run.... some suggestions for the next version :

- Could you please add the new helos to the transport requester (0-8-5) ?

- Maybe you could add an option where only an area marker is placed instead of a cross at the exact coords of the mission-target ?

More to come with further tests / gaming sessions.

But .... til now... works like a charm. Me like. ;) Good job.

Hi Vince,

just made a short test run.... some suggestions for the next version :

- Could you please add the new helos to the transport requester (0-8-5) ?

- Maybe you could add an option where only an area marker is placed instead of a cross at the exact coords of the mission-target ?

More to come with further tests / gaming sessions.

But .... til now... works like a charm. Me like. ;) Good job.

Hey,

- I'll do it if i could but the transport requester is an official arma module ( can't modify it on my mission ), i just created a ticket for it : http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21930

- Atm tasks target are at a random 30 meter away from the marker so maybe an area marker will be more revelant, not sure what's the best .

Thanks, and don't hesitate if you encounter any other issues .

Ok, some more Question / Issues

- After ordering some helo CAS : they spawned, fly to the designated coords, deliver fire support but after all enemy forces were destroyed, they keep circling instread of despawing / rtb.

- What do you think about shrinking the game parameters (or maybe remove it completely). Most of the parameters are existiting twice... in the parameteres at mission start and in the mission creator. Kinda redundancy ;)

Ok, some more Question / Issues

- After ordering some helo CAS : they spawned, fly to the designated coords, deliver fire support but after all enemy forces were destroyed, they keep circling instread of despawing / rtb.

- What do you think about shrinking the game parameters (or maybe remove it completely). Most of the parameters are existiting twice... in the parameteres at mission start and in the mission creator. Kinda redundancy ;)

- Same as transport request, the 5 supports in 0-8-X radio are official modules, you can report bug linked to them in arma 3 feedback tracker

- The paremeters at mission start define the default value when creating a zone, so you can quickly create multiple zone with your values ( but agreed that parameters screen would need another clean up )

can anyone get any of the AOW PBO's to work on a Linux dedicated server? i cannot.

i have a fully up to date Linux dedicated server, that runs pretty much anything. i never have problems like this, but no matter what i do, i cannot get any AOW map to work.

the map comes up, we can connect and slot in, but as soon as try and start the mission, it kicks us right back to the slot screen.

this is how the server is started:

/home/arma3/arma3/public/arma3-private -bepath=/home/arma3/arma3/public/battleye -cfg=/home/arma3/arma3/public/serverconfig/basic.cfg -config=/home/arma3/arma3/public/serverconfig/private.cfg -name=private -mod=/home/arma3/arma3/mods/;addons;curator;dta;heli;kart;@a3mp;@cba_a3;@task_force_radio;@caf_ag;@clafghan;@nato_russian_sf_weapons;@mas_usa_devg;@mas_nato_rus_sf_veh; -port=2312 -exThreads=7

i can bring it up just fine if i host on my Windows PC, but it just won't seem to run on the dedicated server.

potentially interesting things i see in the server logs:

19:59:37 Mission AOWarfare Takistan read from bank.
2014/12/22, 19:59:37 Mission co@21_all-out-warfare.takistan: Number of roles (42) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (21)
No owner
20:01:07 Roles assigned.
20:01:07 Reading mission ...
2014/12/22, 20:01:07 Starting mission:
2014/12/22, 20:01:07  Mission file: co@21_all-out-warfare (__cur_mp)
2014/12/22, 20:01:07  Mission world: takistan
2014/12/22, 20:01:07  Mission directory: mpmissions\__cur_mp.takistan\
No owner
Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
2014/12/22, 20:01:08 [27882,510.212,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.9.140907. MISSINIT: missionName=co@21_all-out-warfare, worldName=takistan, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=true"]
No owner
2014/12/22, 20:01:08 [27882,510.297,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_cache_disable.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
soldier[b_soldier_UAV_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
soldier[b_soldier_UAV_F]:Some of magazines weren't stored in soldier Vest or Uniform?
No owner
2014/12/22, 20:01:08 No speaker given for Charlie Reed
20:01:08 No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.caplants'.
2014/12/22, 20:01:09 Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ATM_Main"><Key>
2014/12/22, 20:01:09 Unexpected stringtable format inside <Text ID="STR_ATM_Main"><Key>
2014/12/22, 20:01:09 Unsupported language English in stringtable
2014/12/22, 20:01:09 Unsupported language English in stringtable
20:01:09 Mission AOWarfare Takistan read from bank.
2014/12/22, 20:01:09 Mission co@21_all-out-warfare.takistan: Number of roles (42) is different from 'description.ext::Header::maxPlayer' (21)
No owner

i'm really at a loss. the symptoms are like when one of my clan's map makers gives me a PBO to run but neglects to tell me all of the pre-requisites required.

any ideas? i REALLY want to get these awesome AOW missions up on our dedicated server!!!!!

EDIT: to be clear, i cannot get ANY of the AOW missions to work, whether Altis, Takistan or Chernarus (the only 3 we want to use).

EDIT: here's the server.cfg:

hostname="2-75th Ranger Battalion PRIVATE Server (Closed Ops)";
password="REDACTED";
passwordAdmin="REDACTED";
maxPlayers=21;
steamPort=2314;
steamQueryPort=2313;
motd[]=
{
"You are connecting to the 2-75th Ranger Battalion PRIVATE Server (Closed Ops)...",
"This server is located in sunny Hollywood, California",
"Today, it's a balmy 75 degrees and the ArmA & Teamspeak servers are Green-to-Green",
"This server is the 2-75th Rangers CLOSED OPS server",
"[2-75th] Leads The Way!",
};
motdInterval=15;
voteThreshold=0.25;
reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";
logFile="/home/arma3/arma3/public/logs/arma3-private-server.log";

voteMissionPlayers=1;
kickduplicate=1;
equalModRequired=0;
disableVoN=1;
timeStampFormat=full;
persistent=1;
verifySignatures = 0;
regularcheck="";
localClient[]={127.0.0.1, 10.1.1.4};
BattleEye=1;
doubleIdDetected = "";
onUserConnected = "";
onUserDisconnected = "";
onUnsignedData = "";
onHackedData = "ban (_this select 0)";
onDifferentData = "";

// MISSIONS CYCLE (see below)
class Missions
{
  class Mission1
  {
     template="co@21_all-out-warfare.takistan";
  };
};

thanks so much

Limey.

---------- Post added at 04:26 ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 ----------

Hey,

- I'll do it if i could but the transport requester is an official arma module ( can't modify it on my mission ), i just created a ticket for it : http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21930

i voted this issue UP on the tracker.

Edited by ssglimey

ssglimey :

Have you tried other missions with the exact same server preset ?

If only aow ones won't work on linux i'm not sure at all but that may be linked to that last line of error in the code you posted .

You could try replacing inside description.ext of the mission :

"maxPlayers = 21;" by "maxPlayers = 42;"

( unpack the mission with pbo manager in order to modify it, then re save as mp mission from arma editor )

Hope that helps, thanks for hosting it .

Mission updated to v2.1 , bringing iron front content .