gulozwood

Infected Script by Gulozwood

I don't know if this code will serve the purpose, try experimenting with setObjectMaterial command and injury rvmats

_me setObjectMaterial [0, "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat"];

The effect is that the spawned infected would have a 'wounded' appearance particularly on their clothes with the units not actually injured. The video below shows what I mean.

Note though that some clothes are not showing the 'injured' model despite using the same setObjectMaterial code earlier posted. Not sure if there is actually an 'injured skin' model we can play with. I hope that helps.

Yeah that looks great! One step closer to zombie/infected immersion. One problem though...where do I put that line of code? Thanks!

One problem though...where do I put that line of code? Thanks!

You're welcome. Try this:

Look for the file named fnc_stuff.sqf inside infected folder then after the lines _me forceAddUniform _chosenmil; and _me forceAddUniform _chosencloth; , add the code:

_me setObjectMaterial [0, "A3\Characters_F\Common\Data\basicbody_injury.rvmat"];

You're welcome. Try this:

Look for the file named fnc_stuff.sqf inside infected folder then after the lines _me forceAddUniform _chosenmil; and _me forceAddUniform _chosencloth; , add the code:

Brilliant! Thanks mate!

Hi Fillo, I just tested with the 0.3 exemple mission and no error message, except this 1 when the game start since the last patch:

1408636322-error.png

what kind of triggers do you use ?

Was just doing some testing on the mod last night and I have to say marvellous job gulozwood!

I only had one issue which was that the infected seem to talk normally as well as make their growling noises, any idea why that is?

made first try with custom head today (i'm so happy ^^ )

That is looking quite epic!!!

Custom heads look fantastic Dude, can the zombie animations from the Breaking Point mod be implemented into this script?

looks good, may be have head shot kill, body shot only wound and they still come after you, crawling, limping, dragging what ever. But only head shot kills.

hi, we finally have custom bodies too :D

1408949570-zfinal.jpg

(thanks to Boomerang for his awesome job)

i'll try to make custom animation this week.

for now Infecteds actions are really basics and they are deaf, gonna change this quickly :)

Keep up the great work, those veins look freaking freaky:couch:

I really like the skin. The whole "Infected" theme is a slant on the "zombie" theme. I like the fact that the people look sick and crazed as opposed to supernatural and undead. Keep up the awesome work guys, can't wait to see what is next.

Just finished to add the new infected script to my old mission.

i put a lot of horde triggers, a kind of stress test.

you can use the infected addon with it, everything is in the workshop:

mission file / addon file

Just finished to add the new infected script to my old mission.

i put a lot of horde triggers, a kind of stress test.

you can use the infected addon with it, everything is in the workshop:

mission file / addon file

Can't wait for the skins but any way we could get the skins without using the workshop?

Can't wait for the skins but any way we could get the skins without using the workshop?

what the problem with the workshop ?

what the problem with the workshop ?

I have a fear of the workshop due to Skyrim modding :)

It seems to:

- break manual file structure in game folders

- automatically update and decide to overright things you might want

- seem to cause problems when you log in on multiple computers using multiple steam accounts

I just subscribed to both your new mission and your add-on pack with the skins through steam workshop and couldn't find the addon in the list in the arma game nor in the arma folder, no idea where it went or even if it downloaded even though i have subscribed.

did you try to use the launcher, it download workshops addon in the A3 root folder.

Gdrive link:

Addon/mission

if you want to use these faces in the editor, just put this in the init box of a character:

this setFace "zombi";

instead of "zombi" you can use "zomboy" , "infected1" or "infected2".

Edited by gulozwood

did you try to use the launcher, it download workshops addon in the A3 root folder.

Gdrive link:

Addon/mission

if you want to use these faces in the editor, just put this in the init box of a character:

this setFace "zombi";

instead of "zombi" you can use "zomboy" , "infected1" or "infected2".

I did what you said and checked the launcher but nothing appears in there and there still wasn't anything in my Arma3 folder. It's OK though, you shouldn't have to provide support for Steam as well ;)

The models look fantastic, I used that manual download link and all worked well. For anyone else wondering how to get it working manually:

• Enable the addon
  • edit fnc_stuff.sqf
  • add the line _me setFace "zombi"; into each of the if statements
  • you should see the skins show up in game

I was only doing some quick testing but it would make sense to create an array to select from randomly for the four types:

Working great! Using this in a mission. However, I keep getting "script not found fnc_nextSound".. Now, I know this isn't true as I've checked all instances of this in the files. Correct spelling, correct file location. Any thoughts?

Also, not sure if this is related to the above. Every so often, some infected will speak another language (not sure what this is). Is there a way to stop this?

Ta Muchio!

:edit: Can get these to patrol an area too?

Edited by e00c