Sign in to follow this  
Mickyleitor

Help with custom HandAnimation

Why is that? It would not make sense for an unbinarized rtm to cause the exact same error like a binarized one

@alleycat

Jeje I know I'm not especially good explaining so I'm going to try it as best as I can. We know now the problem comes by Addon builder (newer versions) binarizing .rtm so..... Why not binarize the rtm with an older version of AB and later extract them with a PBO manager (or another)? Indeed, that was I did.

1. Put your handanimation with model.cfg (get them on A3 Character example) on the same folder (for example, WEAPON_FOLDER\data\anim).

2. Pack the pbo with the version has provided @Fennek. This will binarize correctly the .rtm

3. Open the .pbo with PBO Manager or ExtractPbo by Mikero and extract the .rtm you have done.

4. Put the .rtm extracted on the same folder as before (data\anim) and delete the model.cfg (As It's not needed now because It's a binarized rtm)

5. You will be able to pack properly with the newer versions of Addon Builder ...

Hope this will help you :)

For me your method dont work.

I dont know really what to do. Tried several different skeletons(toadike2k,kiory's,from bis sample) and with every I get same problem.

Also, with every new tools update animations are broken when packing (talking about a2 animation from sample package).

Anyone know how other get animations to work in game? RHS Studio, toadie small arms, kyori's l84 etc... every addon have animations to work.

:( I'm so sorry but I cannot make my explanation more clear... I can make a video showing those steps but really that's what I'm doing.

What is seize of your binarized rtm file? my is 13kb.

So after binarizing with older version, do i need to put rtm file again in my project folder and binarize it again with newest version of tools?

I made animation with toadie2k skeleton for 3d max, its painfull to make animation in OB.

Yes, when you binarize the rtm with older version, you need to put that rtm file again in your project folder and pack with the newest version of tools (In this step you don't need the model.cfg in the same folder as the rtm, as it's already a binarized file).

Ok, thanks, will try again.

But what is size of binarized rtm file? its strange that nonbinarized and binarized file have same size, in my case both are 13kb.

.rtm is not in listi of files to copy directly.

Edited by mladjaSRB

For me the unbinarized rtm file size is 13 kb. When I binarize the rtm it has 3 kb so check if you are binarizing properly (check the model.cfg on the same folder when binarizing the rtm).

And I HAVE the *.rtm tag on the list of files to copy directly.

Hope it helps

validate unbinarized rtm with dertm. binarize. debinarize with dertm and load into A3 char in O2 to see if it works corretly...

For me the unbinarized rtm file size is 13 kb. When I binarize the rtm it has 3 kb so check if you are binarizing properly (check the model.cfg on the same folder when binarizing the rtm).

And I HAVE the *.rtm tag on the list of files to copy directly.

Hope it helps

Hmm, so look like my addon builder dont binarizing rtm files.

after binarizing of project folder and rtm's they are still 13kb same as unbinarized and i can still preview them in OB, as I now OB is not able to preview binarized files.

@Fennek

Will try that method.

Thanks to both of you. :)

This is very strage.

Al my rtm's are not binarized because of many subfolders in project folders.

So, i got project folder saf_a3_weapons and then every folder for every weapon, about a 14 folder with different size.

Deleted 13 folder, 1 stays, binarizing, unpacking binarized pbo, voila animation binarized.

xD

They are need to be stored in one folder.

saf_a3_weapons\Data\Anim.

But with custom made animations still same problem with hands.

Edited by mladjaSRB

Well, if you finally have gotten the rtm binarized then you can test if you can binarize them with an older AB and repeat the steps I've posted before

I've told you weeks ago that you have to check if you have all the bones in your rtm... i'm 100% sure that you lack finger tip bones in your exported skeleton.

Well, if you finally have gotten the rtm binarized then you can test if you can binarize them with an older AB and repeat the steps I've posted before

Yeah, your method work now.

So>

All animation files must be in one folder, PROJECTFOLDER\DATA\ANIM, with model.cfg provided with arma3 samples.

But now, how I can correct position of my weapon? can i do that through launcher/weapon selection in rtm file or I need to move weapon directly from p3d file?

@Fennek

This time I used toadie2k skeleton with some my added bones for exporting and it seem to work very well without problems. BIS FBX skeleont probably got some bugs.

Congrulations ;)

But now, how I can correct position of my weapon? can i do that through launcher/weapon selection in rtm file or I need to move weapon directly from p3d file?

I think you can correct and adjust the position by moving the weapon directly in the rtm file.

Finally I get what I want. :)

Thanks to both of you, and there is definetely needed more documentation about making animations and OB.:yay::yay::)

Results

arma320141101215828305.jpgarma320141101215840459.jpg

I need some more practice in OB, since the max skeleonts are little bit bugy with launcher/weapon bone.

After you finish your animation just follow Mickyleitor method

@alleycat

Jeje I know I'm not especially good explaining so I'm going to try it as best as I can. We know now the problem comes by Addon builder (newer versions) binarizing .rtm so..... Why not binarize the rtm with an older version of AB and later extract them with a PBO manager (or another)? Indeed, that was I did.

1. Put your handanimation with model.cfg (get them on A3 Character example) on the same folder (for example, WEAPON_FOLDER\data\anim).

2. Pack the pbo with the version has provided @Fennek. This will binarize correctly the .rtm

3. Open the .pbo with PBO Manager or ExtractPbo by Mikero and extract the .rtm you have done.

4. Put the .rtm extracted on the same folder as before (data\anim) and delete the model.cfg (As It's not needed now because It's a binarized rtm)

5. You will be able to pack properly with the newer versions of Addon Builder ...

Hope this will help you :)

Hi guys,

Just to inform you that this issue has been fixed nearly two month ago, I recently realized from that :rolleyes: :rolleyes: