Richards.D

MRAP MaxxPro Modification - Release

what a fantástico!

Keep it up mate!

thx for everything that u did.

P.S

whats the ur next plan vehicle?

P.S2

can I expect TFAR support at next update?

Edited by acta13

Alright, update v0.7 is here now.

Fixes included are:

Working Tachometer, Added the "Deployment" Variant with random extra kit (Credit Stiltman), and added Zeroize for the MK19, and M2HB. I also played with braking a lot, should stop shorter now and not lock the brakes.

Link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!gBYz0Bya!aC3xoD7sVZ-c9kg1tc_3m6-I7jSRy_0dLaLA4YReuLo

Richards

Alright, update v0.7 is here now.

Fixes included are:

Working Tachometer, Added the "Deployment" Variant with random extra kit (Credit Stiltman), and added Zeroize for the MK19, and M2HB. I also played with braking a lot, should stop shorter now and not lock the brakes.

Link:

https://mega.co.nz/#!gBYz0Bya!aC3xoD7sVZ-c9kg1tc_3m6-I7jSRy_0dLaLA4YReuLo

Richards

And does it work with Zeus now ?

Good job fixing the brakes..

Thanks for informing us of the new version :cool:

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

The good:

-Doesn't handle as bad as people say it does.

-It's durable, but...

The bad:

-some minor animation quibbles.

The ugly:

It's /way too durable/. The tires can not be damaged it seems. I unloaded an entire box of .50 cal from a M2 and the tires didn't pop. Another 300+ rounds into the engine block on the DXM did nothing but make the engine red. I went over rockwalls, rocks, ran into trees, you name it, but there was no apparent damage. Even going airborne resulted in no damage (and this was a nearly 9 km journey over hills that I went on). This applies to the basic version and the DXM version.

Either I'm too lazy to have looked back far enough, or it just hasn't been posted yet. Either way, here's my personal account of the drift/sliding issue as well as some other things I felt I needed to address. Great stuff though besides these issues, you're amazing!

-I feel like I'm in the making of the next FAF movie; Stratis Drift.

-Turning feels slow/doesn't seem match up to how much the wheel turns.

Edited by Nullrick

Do you really think you could turn that way on a dirt road at 85km/h with a 15 tons vehicle ? ;) You would have rolled over.

And MRAPs as well as any modern military vehicle can drive with flat tires.

In fact, they can still drive unless you just blow up the entire wheel. So that's pretty realistic even if it's not rendered in game.

http://www.armoured-cars.com/uploads/2012/09/tire1_5.jpg (129 kB)

I agree with you that 300 cal.50 bullets is a bit too much, but better this than an "instaboom" car.

Edited by ElTyranos

its really really need to fix Steering little bir more.

Do you really think you could turn that way on a dirt road at 85km/h with a 15 tons vehicle ? ;) You would have rolled over.

I'm not talking about the most realistic physics here. I'm talking about A3 physics, which are fairly good, but still not terribly realistic. That, and how there are obvious flaws with the in-game maxxpro's traction that does not match that of the in-game NATO hunter's (Oshkosh M-ATV) which is only 500 lbs. heavier than the basic maxxpro model (CAT I).

Flaws in terms of steering wheel/wheel relation responsiveness, drifting at relatively slow speeds and stability on inclines and declines. In the video, you'll see me making pretty much the exact same turns at the same and higher speeds. In A3, turning the wheel alone acts like a breaking system. At least for vanilla vehicles. And player-observed turning of the steering wheel reacts much quicker and feels like the wheels are being turned to appropriate degrees.

Edited by Nullrick

Hmm interesting comparison. I'll work with the config and see if I can improve it, if anyone else has a better phys-x entry, just send it to me and I'll try it.

Richards

If you haven't seen this yet, Navistar has their different versions described and with rotatable models of them.

http://www.navistardefense.com/NavistarDefense/vehicles?filter=1&v1=v1

There are two versions though that they don't show. One is a medical/resupply version with the rear cab constructed without the two windows on either side.

And the other is with the camo netting over the 50. gunner's turret.

The recovery variant shown on Navistar is probably my favorite non-combat version though.

---------- Post added at 05:04 ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 ----------

And the other is with the camo netting over the 50. gunner's turret.

http://www.military-today.com/apc/maxxpro_mrap_l11.jpg (114 kB)

Nice addon.

If you open de rear door, and shoot, you cant hit the crew, invisible armor door remain and stop the bullets.

Great job:)

I enjoyed running at IED field.

Zeus compatibility will be added next update?

Edited by sentence0219

That video that nullrick made where the MRAP went off road and slid down the hill would have rolled that thing, MRAPs are so top heavy that they are very prone to rolling!!! The models look great btw.

That video that nullrick made where the MRAP went off road and slid down the hill would have rolled that thing, MRAPs are so top heavy that they are very prone to rolling!!! The models look great btw.

Yeah, doesn't seem to be flipp/rollable at all.

Another thing I've recently noticed is that none of those vehicles seem to have any traction when driving a bit uphill, even on tarmac/paved roads the wheels seem to slip n slide without any grip when trying to steer.

They're also acting very weird when trying to climb steep hills, they stop, roll for a bit, stop and roll a bit again, all with the fast forward button pushed all the time. Seems to be a gearbox issue?

Configuring vehicles must be a pain in arma 3, heh.

Really love the new deploy version, looking awesome!

Hi RichardsD,

I've been checking out this mod every time it updated since it is just looking damn awesome. I did some testing and I can confirm Grumpy Old Man's statement about the uphill issues. Driving in general however is much improved compaired to previous versions, I think you are very close to nailing it perfectly.

I found some issues however with the exiting from the back of the vehicle. The Dash Deployed model (pitty that one's my favourite :D ), the MK19 and the Maxxpro M2 in particular seems to bug out like the old versions did previously, meaning your character gets stuck in the door frame and starts taking damage. The other two models DXM and Maxxpro plus caused no issues when exiting. I do use a couple of mods, but I think the only one that could be interfering would be AGM (if at all).

Question: Are there plans for the future to disable access to the back unless the door is open? Will there be a function to open the back door from the outside?

Keep up the great work, can't wait till this mod is polished and finalised.

Hello !

annoying bug report : players in cargo often get killed when the vehicle is shot at with anykind of weapon.

Hello !

annoying bug report : players in cargo often get killed when the vehicle is shot at with anykind of weapon.

That's strange, when my group used em and found them to be the safest vehicles, even under an extremely hot firefight. What weapons were get firing at ya?

Not sure of it as the firefight was pretty intense too. I think it's a 50 cal. mounted on an offroad. I died 2 times in two ambushes. I'm wondering if it's doesn't wen through the windows.