Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

MRAP MaxxPro Modification - Release

Hello deltagamer:

That is a very decent idea.. I have not a bloody clue how to go about that however. I can easily make an unarmed vers, but it would need a gunner where the weapon is nothing, and need to borrow the turn in/out from a tanks config. I will look into this as part of my MRAP support package and see if I can build this, as this would be rather interesting.

@RichardsD Thanks for the reply, maybe for the unarmed version you could get away with giving the gunner a gyro system camera to use instead, just like the submarine depending on how you do the camera you could have it raise up like the periscope. Saves you from having a extra seat in the unarmed version doing nothing.

Heres an image of what I mean

gyrocam_isr300_on_cougar_iraq2007.jpg

Again, keep up the amazing work, your mods are great :)

Edit:

The gunner turn in/out thing would be for gunners of the m2 version etc that when turned in would just be like a regular passenger but sitting on the footrest or on a jumpseat. As for the unarmed version if you did do that it could lead to CROW systems OR Minigun etc but I'm just tossing ideas out on the plate and don't want to ask too much of you :)

Edited by deltagamer
Added information

hella funny deltagamer i was just talking to richard on steam about the unarmed version of the Mrap and talking about adding this flir system like in the photo... if u check google u can find the actual setup like that pic u have of the couger mrap. just search Maxxpro EOD and u will find it... even have a ramp for a robot to go down lol

Would it be possible to give the M2 more than 600 rounds, and to make it zero out to 1800m?

Great update, physics are great, wheels animations are better !

Some tweaks you could do :

More damages on destroyed version (I mean, on the textures).

Lower the gunner's position.

Windshield taking damages if shot + make it of glass.

About wheels resistance, they are not breaking on each rock you drive on, so that's great this way. Even if I'd like to see them become orange if hit with an RPG/mine, to render a puncture.

Thank you for this awesome MRAP RichardsD !

Using the RPG7 and RPG18 with massi's weapons they explode in one hit. An IED placed with MCC (Hidden IED, Small explosion, set to disabling) will make the vehicle catch on fire and make all system red and then ~15 seconds later it will explode. Not sure if these values are realistic.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I had a go with a the new update driving is much better. The stopping time is a bit bad. Even at a slow speed of like 10 kph its takes about 4 secs to stop and even then at 2 secs the car slides for most of it. If you try to stop and turn it will slid sideways.

Drives much better, feels heavy like it is, but able to make a good turn at slow speed.

Need's some zeroing on the m2.

Still throwing error:

config.bin/CfgVehicles/Car_F/Turret/ViewOptics.primaryObserver

I enabled zeroing but that still does not work from that error. It has to do w/ the game not being able to find that View Optics config, if anyone has a solution for non RCWS wep zeroing, just PM me.

Richards

Instead of using the RCWS for your weapons you should define your own in the CFGWeapons.

An example

class M240_veh: MGun

{

scope = 1;

displayName = "M240";

soundContinuous = false;

aiDispersionCoefY=21; // 7

aiDispersionCoefX=21;

magazines[] = {"100Rnd_762x51_M240"};

magazineReloadTime=3;

canLock = 0;

modes[] = {"manual","close","short","medium","far"};

class manual: MGun

{

displayName = "M240";

autoFire = 1;

reloadTime = 0.075;

dispersion=0.0012;

showToPlayer = true;

burst = 1;

aiRateOfFire = 0.5;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 50;

minRange=1;minRangeProbab=0.01;

midRange=2;midRangeProbab=0.01;

maxRange=3;maxRangeProbab=0.01;

}

class close: manual

{

showToPlayer = false;

soundBurst = false;

burst = 10; //Rg 6;

aiRateOfFire = 0.5;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 50;

minRange=0;minRangeProbab=0.05;

midRange=100;midRangeProbab=0.58;

maxRange=200;maxRangeProbab=0.04;

};

class short: close

{

burst = 8; //Rg 6;

aiRateOfFire = 2;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 300; //Rg 200;

minRange=50;minRangeProbab=0.05;

midRange=200;midRangeProbab=0.58; //Rg 100;

maxRange=400;maxRangeProbab=0.04; //Rg 200;

};

class medium: close

{

burst = 4; //Rg 8;

aiRateOfFire = 3; //Rg 4;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 600; //Rg 400;

minRange=300;minRangeProbab=0.05;

midRange=400;midRangeProbab=0.58; //Rg 300;

maxRange=600;maxRangeProbab=0.04; //Rg 400;

};

class far: close

{

burst = 5; //Rg 7;

aiRateOfFire = 5; //Rg 7;

aiRateOfFireDistance = 1000; //Rg 600;

minRange=500;minRangeProbab=0.05;

midRange=600;midRangeProbab=0.4; //Rg 500;

maxRange=800;maxRangeProbab=0.01; //Rg 600;

};

};

};

Then define the magazines

An example

class CfgMagazines

{

class VehicleMagazine;

class 100Rnd_762x51_M240: VehicleMagazine

{

scope = 1;

displayName = "100rnd_M240";

count=100;

ammo = "B_762x51_Ball";

initSpeed = 900;

tracersEvery = 4;

lastRoundsTracer = 4;

nameSound="mgun";

descriptionShort = "100RND_M240";

};

};

Edited by deltagamer

No sorry, it is not defined from RCWS. It inherits from the M2 class which is fine, except I do not know what I need for zeroing, as for RCWS I used the "class RCWS" or w/e it is, but for the M2 I do not know what class it is

the close, short, medium and far should be the zeroing i think.

---------- Post added at 01:22 ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 ----------

Turns out it isn't, I will look into it more for you though.

---------- Post added at 01:46 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Right add the discrete under the

class Turrets:Turrets

. class YourTurret

discreteDistance[] = {100,200,300,400,500,600,700,800,1000,1200,1500,1800,2100};

discreteDistanceInitIndex = 2;

discretedistance is the range you can change it to what you want and the discretedistanceintindex is the starting zeroing, hope this helps. Let me know if you would like anymore help mate :)

---edit----

The 18 00 should be 1800 i dont know why its doing that.

Edited by deltagamer

Hey Rex:

Interesting point on the glass. The glass used is the same this time as all the default A3 vehicles, so tell me what you think. I may increase the color a little bit to make it more visible.

Sorry for my late reply Richard,

I'd say you have done an amazing job with this last update you put out, I know my unit and myself appreciate this beast now within our arsenal :)

As for the glass, Yeah It's still not that visual but In the sunlight you can see It, so of course It's there and that's good, Adjusting the color just a tad however might be something you might look Into doing like you said, At least for somewhat of noticeable glass when It's not In the sunlight.

Excellent mod!

Edited by rex457

First i like to say thanks for amazing mod, I made a small test on the two versions v5 vs v6 to see the difference

I could not find them in Zeus menu is a mistake? I want to help get them to work in Zeus, just let me know..

I test v5 vs v6 turning and v6 in taking fire from RPG (AT and HE) and PKM also IED small, medium and large.

Edited by Ace the brewer
New youtube link

To get them to work in Zeus, add this to the CfgPatches:

units[] = {"DAR_MaxxPro","DAR_MaxxPro_MK19","DAR_MaxxProDXM","DAR_MaxxProPlus"};

And as said before, they still slide all over the place :/

- Still, pretty cool vehicles \o/

I really like the look of these, but driving them is "weird".

Sometimes when going downhill and releasing the forward keys the front wheels are blocking.

It also feels like the uparmored variants are a tad bit lighter than the regular versions, or is that only me?

The fording depth seems to be okay, but it's really weird that it doesn't slow down when driving through water (it actually accellerates way faster than on road).

Keep up the good work, had lots of fun with it and can't wait to see unarmed or logistic variants of it!

Cheers!

First i like to say thanks for amazing mod, I made a small test on the two versions v5 vs v6 to see the difference

I could not find them in Zeus menu is a mistake? I want to help get them to work in Zeus, just let me know..

I test v5 vs v6 turning and v6 in taking fire from RPG (AT and HE) and PKM also IED small, medium and large.

http://youtu.be/fLzzlldMscM

The IEDs you are using are the wrong ones. If yous set them to deadly, they do no damage no matter what. Set them to disabling for damage.

Hello:

In the next patch with other things I'll add Zeus. I do know how to do it now, but I'll add a few fixes and release it as one.

The up armor variant actually weighs a little more, so I'm not sure if it feels lighter.

As for the physics, I need better braking, but I could not see much sliding as mentioned in the current variant.

Richards

The IEDs you are using are the wrong ones. If yous set them to deadly, they do no damage no matter what. Set them to disabling for damage.

Good to know ;-) does not make sense thu ?? maybe i will redo IED test then..

Uploading the new version of the test now.. DONE!!

Edited by Ace the brewer

Good to know ;-) does not make sens thu ?? maybe i will redo IED test then..

Uploading the new version of the test now..

It's just a glitch, I know it doesn't make sense.

Oh right, well that sliding is from the brakes locking up when the vehicle attempts to stop. I still need to play with the braking force until it stops on a reasonable distance but also does not immediately lock the brakes.