Sign in to follow this  
Von Quest

[WIP] Von Quest Industries - EOD System

=VQI=

E.O.D. System

EerieEOD - v0.0.1 Alpha

RELEASED: 27 September 2014

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s539/VonQuest/EOD_Project1_zps383def24.jpg (140 kB)

logo_eod_wings_forums_zps2fd70b5e.jpg

DESCRIPTION:

Work-In-Progress. This will be my third official project for ArmA! This one will be a lot a fun to do, as its going to be more on the creative end and less on the technical programming side.

As most EOD stuff is just a BIP (Blow In Place); I wanted to do something a little closer to the fictional side, and have a system where you have to know what you are doing and solve a step-by-step procedure to disarm the explosive. I will be including my IMS "BombBuddy" Ion-Mobility-Spectrometer to detect both in-game mines & explosives, and all the IEDs included in this amazing mod.

I do not like the "I see a mine!" in the game. So what? If you see it, where? When you have all the nonsensical "helpers" turned off, he still shouts out he spots something. This is silly. So I'm building my own detector that will 'sniff' the molecules in the air to detect various chemicals and the additives in explosive materials. It will only display a readout of various indicators and a vague 'strength' signal (parts-per-million).

I also have in production several, ok numerous, oh wait... no, over 100+ IEDs coming to put into your missions that all will have unique ways of disarming! I have 10 prototyes each with 10+ levels of disarming procedures with numerous types having a complex muti-step process to disarm. Total of 100-200 Bombs!

Memorizing how to disarm will be virtually impossible do to with the sheer vast number of randomly generated IEDs. If you do not go through the training process and do not understand what you are doing, kaboom! No more just clicking the X to disarm. You will need the right tools, and click exactly on the part required.

Several types will even have anti-handling devices. Motion sensors, light sensors, etc. complete with random timers and other surprises that I won't reveal here. Explosives will be C4, Mines, Chemical, Radioactive, etc.

Check back for updates and progress reports. More TBA later...

"If you see me running, try and keep up!"

BombBuddy I:

• details coming soon...
  • Nitro-aromatics (TNT, Tetryl, TNB, DNB, etc)
  • Nitramines
  • Nitrate Esters (RDX, Gunpowder, PETN, Semtex, etc)
  • Inorganic Nitrates (Ammonium Nitrate, Urea, etc)
  • Chlorates (Sodium, Potassium Chlorate, etc)
  • Peroxides (TATP, HMTD)
  • Perchlorates

Tools:

• ESD Safe Tweezer
  • ESD Safe Snips
  • ESD Safe Misc.
  • Cutters
  • Long-Nose Pliers
  • Spudger
  • Mini Inspection Mirror
  • Mini Pry-Bar
  • Screwdrivers
  • Reamer
  • Ceramic Knife
  • Mult-Tool
  • Hex Keys
  • Fuse Crimper/Cutter
  • Multi-Meter
  • Shock Initiators
  • Alligator Clips
  • Jumper Wires
  • and more...

REQUIRED:

1. CBA Required - Community Based Addons A3

FUTURE PLANS:

1. This will be upgraded into a Module Setup, and absorbed into SpookWarCom.

2. TBA

:icon9:KNOWN ISSUES :icon9:

• tba

DISCLAIMER:

Use-At-Your-Own-Risk! I'm not a professional programmer.

NOTES:

-*Currently Extremely Experimental

Credit & Thanks:

*BIS - for an amazing hobby!

CHANGELOG:

v0.0.1 ALPHA

=====================

-experimental release

LICENSE:

*PRIVATE USE ONLY! Any changes or alterations, in whole or in part, in ANY way; is strictly forbidden. Use At Your Own Risk.

(In other words, DO NOT make money off this. And never ever re-release to the public if changes are made. Share in private only, or post suggestions, code, ideas, etc. in forums. Thank You.)

VQI-EerieEOD-v0.0.1:

DOWNLOAD

Edited by Goblin
update v0.0.1

do you plan on working with MrEwok on EOD stuff? since he made the EOD suit and a robot and some other stuff

Uploaded a quick screenshot...

@Rages123

No. Looks like he has some cool stuff coming though. Definitely will be using the Bomb Suit.

Two different projects, that will go together just great!

These two mods will be a... blast! :p

Edited by Goblin
spelling

Thanks a lot! I think these two will be awesome together! I was hoping someone was doing a Bomb Suit at some point. Perfect timing!

Your mod will save their lives. Mine will be blowing 'em up! Mwahhahah :icon_twisted:

Edited by Goblin

Thanks! Means a lot.

I'm hoping to have a working prototype for the public out in the next week or two. I have too many projects going at once so they are taking forever to flesh out the details and bugs since I have a bad habit of jumping around. Ugh. :p

wow! I never noticed you guys were making this until I just happened to see this on the forms! This is awesome! Oh lord though, if my buddy [2NT] Spc. McDiddlePants see's this fourm he will freak out. He loves all that EOD and boom boom crap

Can we still just blow this shit up? :3 Sounds awesome! Hopefully your detector will work for vanilla explosives as well! In fact I'd go so far as to say it'd be nice to have that as it's own separate addon if possible. I think the complex explosives system sounds neat but I see a lot of communities not really wanting that, but the detector is a necessity. I hate mine detection as it is in the game now.

My IEDs keep asking me the same question... All these beautiful graphics, can't we just blow these players up!?

They have a mind of their own! Zoiks. Seriously...

In testing a prototype I had last summer when I was brainstorming, the detector worked great for vanilla explosives

in the game. All my Mods are going into a larger theme Mod that I will try and keep modular, so you can cherry-pick

what stuff you want if you don't want the full entire mod.

As is, if you just wanted the detector to replace the in-game detector that'll work just fine. All you would have to

do grab it out of the box and carry it. Skipping the dramatic movie-style IED thing.

And I think you're right. Most of the community is hard core "simulation" end, but I was just trying to be creative

and look into breaking new ground. For me, a bigger part of this hobby is just getting innovative and experimenting. :cool:

I can't wait to be blowing up by those ied! :bounce3:

Updated teaser logo on front page...

Got everything working for the Mine Detector (IMS Chem Sniffer). Except for the Moored Water Mines.

Getting a weird result. Doesn't detect until the mine is in water, but its off by almost 50 meters. Odd...

Custom:

* I.E.D.s (my explosives)

In-Game:

* APERS Mine (Standard)

* APERS Bouncing "Betty"

* APERS Trip-Wire

* M18 Claymore Mine

* Anti-Tank Mine

* SLAM Vehicle Mine

* Explosive Charge (C4)

* Explosive Satchels

* Underwater Mine (Bottom)

* Underwater Mine (PDM-7)

* Underwater Mine (Moored)

* IED (Urban; small)

* IED (Urban; big)

* IED (Dug-In; small)

* IED (Dug-In; big)

Spent a huge chunk of last weekend on getting the Tools into the Mod. Looking good...

I have 10 prototypes of the first set of IEDs, of what I call T1L1s: Level1-Type1. This project is even more experimental than my Sniper project. Please test and experiment before using in any mission. I think I have the screen resolution thing figured out, but I'm not confident. Also, I need to fix the graphics on the Antenna but I'll go back and do that with an update soon after the first 0.1 alpha release. I'm hoping to release either by Friday or maybe next week when I get back into town.

I'm also thinking of adding cellphones to go with some of these that you can use to 'call' the device to blow them up as well for maybe PvP. And will be adding random terrorists that might be hanging around and do a check to see if hes in range carefully watching and acting suspicious. Then he'll wait to blow it up when you get close....

What do you do? Shoot him? What if your wrong? Murder?... Search him?... Hmmm... If you look close on the IMS Device in the logo teaser, you can see there is a frequency readout on the display. Hint. Hint.... :icon_twisted:

Spent a huge chunk of last weekend on getting the Tools into the Mod. Looking good...

I have 10 prototypes of the first set of IEDs, of what I call T1L1s: Level1-Type1. This project is even more experimental than my Sniper project. Please test and experiment before using in any mission. I think I have the screen resolution thing figured out, but I'm not confident. Also, I need to fix the graphics on the Antenna but I'll go back and do that with an update soon after the first 0.1 alpha release. I'm hoping to release either by Friday or maybe next week when I get back into town.

I'm also thinking of adding cellphones to go with some of these that you can use to 'call' the device to blow them up as well for maybe PvP. And will be adding random terrorists that might be hanging around and do a check to see if hes in range carefully watching and acting suspicious. Then he'll wait to blow it up when you get close....

What do you do? Shoot him? What if your wrong? Murder?... Search him?... Hmmm... If you look close on the IMS Device in the logo teaser, you can see there is a frequency readout on the display. Hint. Hint.... :icon_twisted:

Sounds wicked already. Will be looking forward to this most definitely. I'm sure me and LJ will be putting this mod to good use with our little play togethers. Ah the fond memories back in A2 as the EOD tech telling LJ to stand back, I've done this before. Only to get my body tossed a mile away mere seconds after that. I don't think he'll trust me any more as an EOD tech. :P

Dude this mod looks like it will be sick. This will probably be even better than Reezo's EOD mod for Arma 2. I look forward to this mod and what it can do. I can't wait. Keep up the good work.

@dixon13

Thanks! Never had the chance to play with anyone else's. Just tried to google his thread, but the vids are not active.

@everyone

Sorry for the delay. Very upset right now. Had the experimental version working last week for you guys, but putting into a Mod broke it!!!! Pissed! Worked fine in the Editor/Mission, but as a MOD its NOT working. Why does the game processes these differently? Same setup, but now I get Resource Not Found, OR I get my buttons, but they are NOT invisible. Which is needed otherwise you can see where to click defeating the "puzzle".

Ideas anyone? Guessing have to restructure and streamline the file/path for a mod-only version? Frick!!! Lost a whole week trying to fix this! :mad:

Okay,... Now that I just updated my Sniper Project, I went back to this one.

Fixed what was causing the hangup. Will upload a testing version Saturday.

I'm not confident it'll work with other screen resolutions though. For some

damn reason, I can't figure out how to set that stuff up! Anyway. Soon!!! :p

Great! This will so nice to use. Too bad ALiVE doesn't spawn IEDs. That would make things truly interesting and amazingly fun.

RELEASED v0.0.1 Alpha

Download Link Active ;)

TEST ONLY VERSION!