Sign in to follow this  
Echo38

Music credits?

Anywhere I can see who composed which tracks? By listening, I would guess that most of them were composed by Jan Dusek, but I just heard one that sounded distinctly like Ondrej Matejka's work (I don't mean the main theme, which was a piece by Dusek that was based on one of Matejka's melodies). Anywhere I can find out for sure?

Actually, having just listened to all of the tracks front to back (using the mission editor, erk), I believe I've recognized a fairly large number of them as Mr. Matejka's. Anyone know?

If you have the bonus/supporter (whatever it is called) edition you can always check the mp3s in your bonus/soundtrack folder. I had a quick look there and most of the tracks seem to be composed by Jan Dusek.

I don't seem to have that edition. Anywhere else I can find a tracklist?

CfgMusic has all tracks listed.

With the artist names? Where is this CfgMusic? I can't find it in the Arma directory, nor in my profile directory in Documents.

With the artist names? Where is this CfgMusic? I can't find it in the Arma directory, nor in my profile directory in Documents.

That wasn't the question. CfgMusic just lists the tracks, but not the artists.

You can view it in the config viewer. Just start the editor and then click the little gear on the top, then browse to CfGMusic.

69163l.jpg

Heres some of them. I don't condone the idea of using this information to source the music illegally and suggest a purchase of the other edition if you want them every update.

No, I have no plans to illegally share these tracks; I don't even know how to use a torrent program. That isn't why I'm interested in knowing who created the songs. I have always liked knowing who created any piece which I enjoy. As an artist myself, I always put my signature onto anything I'm pleased to have made, and I doubt that Mr. Dusek & Mr. Matejka feel that their songs aren't worth bearing their names.

"Back on Stratis," "Proteus," "Revenge," and "The Trap" are the ones which, to me, sound the most like Ondrej Matejka's music for the previous games in the series. I note that none of them are on that (incomplete) list of Jan Dusek's tracks. Can anyone confirm whether or not my guesses are correct? Any others I'm missing? It's been months since I last went through all of the music, and I don't remember if I made a note for all of the ones which I suspected weren't Mr. Dusek's.

Edited by Echo38