Sign in to follow this  
ov3rj0rd

Admin Reserved Slots

Hello,

I have been looking for a script that will reserver a slot in my mission to a GUID. I am using Zeus and need to have it restricted to a select few but I can not seem to find any recent post about it. All seem to be for Arma 2 or over 200+ days ago. I know Xeno's Domination includes it but I can not seem to find his dom mission.

Thanks!

uidcheck.sqf

//Execute this script on reserved slots only.

_uid = getPlayerUID player; //get the player unique ID
_name = name player; //get the player name

switch (_uid) do //compare the player unique ID against...
{
     case 0123456789:  // ...allowed UID of player Derp
     {
        hintC "Welcome back Derp! Enjoy your stay!"; //..give an annoying message to make him feel good
     };

case 987654321: //...allowed UID of player Herp
     {
        hintC "Welcome back Herp! Have fun playing!"; //...give an annoying message to make him feel good
     };

default // what to do if no ID matches?
     {
      hintC "You're not authorized for this slot. You will be kicked from the server."; // Ruhroh...
      sleep 10;  // ...wait for a little bit to allow the player to read the message. 
      [{serverCommand format["#kick %1",_name];}, "BIS_fnc_spawn", false] call BIS_fnc_MP; // then tell the server to kick the player
     };
};

Not fool-proof nor optimal, but should get you started to make your own.

Edited by L3TUC3

Okay so I am now back at my PC and wasnt able to try this until now. I just need a little more information on this. I am assuming I am pasting this into the init field of the units correct? How would I get this to execute?

A different solution to this would be that with the zues module you can specify player GUID's that can access zues. That way would be the easiest. But, it won't reserve the slots on the server, so that no one else can join them, it would only limit who has access to zues...

Depends on whether or not that is acceptable.

Okay yes that is an easier work around for now. I was able to restrict the uid to one uid, but when I tried setting multiple uids for one Zeus entity, it just didn't allow anyone to use it. This is how I set it up:

"Owner: 123456789" - Worked

"Owner: 123456789, 123456789" - did not work

Is it possible to set up multiple uid's for one Zeus entity? Or did I just set it up incorrectly.

OV3RJ0RD

Okay yes that is an easier work around for now. I was able to restrict the uid to one uid, but when I tried setting multiple uids for one Zeus entity, it just didn't allow anyone to use it. This is how I set it up:

"Owner: 123456789" - Worked

"Owner: 123456789, 123456789" - did not work

Is it possible to set up multiple uid's for one Zeus entity? Or did I just set it up incorrectly.

OV3RJ0RD

zeus is easy,

in editor place a gamesmaster down, then another synced to it where in the owner you put the uid, thats all, for each zeus you want there are two zeus modules, ie i have 3 people who have zeus, on the editor there are 3 pairs of gamesmaster and zeus entity (sorry for the vagueness, not at home yet) i personally highly recommend ADV_Zeus and Zeus Presets, as a further in depth template. i am more than happy to give a template of a mission layout i use, designed and used for both non and dedicated hosting.

reply with quote if you would like this done as i will forget by the time i sit down at home later.

UPDATE DONE IT ANYWAY LINK

ZEUSMPTEMPLATE.rar

Edited by t0et0e