Jnoble

Problem with saving in scenarios

Hi all. Here is my problem: My campaign seems to save my progress just fine. However, when it comes to Scenarios, for some reason Arma 3 no longer gives me a check mark (for mission complete), nor does it allow me to resume saved games. No matter how many times I save, when I go to play the scenario again, it simply has the option to "play". I have been using the same mods that I always have JSRS2.0, Blastcore, and CBA. This has been an issue for me for months and I am finally sick of it. Can anyone please help or give any advice? Thanks.

Hi Gunter: I use play with six for those mods, and I have turned each and all of them off to no avail. I was away from Arma 3 for a few months, and ever since coming back to it, the User Made Steam Workshops scenarios simply will not save nor give me options to resume, etc, even with mods off. Any ideas what could be doing it?

Ya something wrong with the workshop for this game, I had a mission script I had going and had alot of subscribers, then some

update came I go to update and now theres no files, and my video, and screenshots dont show anymore, so thats out the window, just an example.

Suggest you try without PW6 and see if theres any difference or change, do a process of elimination, if your used to a certain thing and its not working now,

its probably due the update to the game, or changes with something else, that happens sometimes.

Not sure if its been reported on the feedback tracker at all seen here: http://feedback.arma3.com/my_view_page.php

if it hasn't then report it, then BIS can look into it and fix it.

Gunter: So I guess it is more of an issue with the Steam Workshop missions than anything else. I tried without playwithsix and it still won't work. I have even tried re-installing the game. So, I guess I need to open up a ticket then. Thanks for the advice.

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Well, I posted a ticket about it in the feedback tracker: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20100

Ok, it maybe a steam issue, I will bookmark it but wont vote, usually you only vote on issues if you have the same issue yourself, I dont play vanilla scenarios

i usually build my own or play others custom ones, depends, lets keep an eye on it and see if anyone else may have the same issue or a dev says or posts

something similar in terms of another ticket, or something.

Sorry i could only help so much here I hardly use the workshop especially after what i was did before.

If you need help with anything in the game otherwise send me a pm.

Sorry to get back to this old Problem: However I have the same issue - is there a solution available?

What is the Problem? Old savegames are not kept or re-used. So you cannot continue a user scenario from the lobby. You always start from scratch, if you want to play a scenario.

Worse example: You are dead in a scenario and are presented with the choice to select a savegame - but one Escape-click too much and you are back in the (scenario) lobby and you cannot continue the scenario, but have to start from the beginning.

It is annoying.

Did you tried runin arma as admin? It look like my documents folder is somehow secured before saving file in it.