Rydygier

[SP] HETMAN: War Stories

Please, please remove the intro screen or at least add an option to not have it.  It continues to run so slow, by the time the "brief" has finished my mission has started and the rest of my AI squad have already moved on.  Every other mission works fine on my system, it's just the intro of these missions.  The missions themselves work fine though. Surely this can be implemented ??   Please..........

Well, luckilly, this can be done in no time, so despite lack of time for Arma - I did. Here is HWS version without typing/camera flight intro sequence:

HWS no intro

I'm curious though, if this indeed will help for your problem (can't say since I do not experience it anyway), or perhaps lags will now extend to the next minutes of gameplay. 

Thanks for trying however it doesn't work at all, it just sits at the standard ARMA3 mission loading screen with the Altis map straight after you set the mission parameters  The green loading bar goes across the screen however it just sits there. Oh well, thanks for trying anyway. I guess if it needs to have the intro screen it would be better if all the text appeared at the same time rather than letter by letter.  The first sentence about the weather is usually fast but then it just gets slower as each letter appears, usually takes around 3 - 4 mins to finish.

Is your PC slow Floydian69 generally?  What specs?  I don't normally have this problem - but I DO have a beast!

Sorry to hear, maybe indeed the reason is PC specs. Seems, that slowing down typing isn't cause of the problem, just side symptom and further manipulating with it won't make a difference, if total removal didn't help. On my PC in the "noIntro" version, after confirming the parameters and after loading screen is completed, I just appear already as randomly chosen unit, I have pop-ups about support options, after a while Hetman starts and things are going on as usual. 

Nope, system specs are more than enough for ARMA 3 to run without performance issues.  The game itself runs very well with any missions when actually in game, including Hetman missions. Never any lag or slow down from CPU / GPU throttling etc.. It's just when that intro text is happening.  Perhaps conflicting with another add-on.  Who knows

8 hours ago, Floydian69 said:

system specs are more than enough for ARMA 3 to run without performance issues. 

You have a Cray supercomputer, or one of those new Chinese quantum computers? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Floydian69 said:

Nope, system specs are more than enough for ARMA 3 to run without performance issues.  The game itself runs very well with any missions when actually in game, including Hetman missions. Never any lag or slow down from CPU / GPU throttling etc.. It's just when that intro text is happening.  Perhaps conflicting with another add-on.  Who knows

Have you tried without any mods? That can be the only problem as it is not a problem with the mission. Try and narrow down the mod concerned, you might be able to do without it and get the mission to load as quickly as everyone else.

Personally I prefer the typing and fly by, as it helps to set the scene for your unit.

I've disabled Vcom and the intro seems quicker in some maps although some are still a little slow.  Early to tell if that is the problem as very occasionally it did work properly before I disabled it. I'll test this out for a while before concluding that Vcom is causing it. If that's the problem I'll try to find another AI mod

For anyone who wants to port this mission to other maps, I have produced a step by step video to lead you through. You will need the mission pbo unpacked before you start.

• Like 1

There is a much faster method either... just rename the .pbo mission file and insted 'Altis' type another island (stratis, sara, eden, abel, etc.). I know the player can sometime spawn in water, but who cares ;)

Is it just me or when using RHS factions the AI never seems to spawn helicopters besides the MEV variants? I have TPW mods installed as suggested and I get random flybys by helos and planes from both sides but they never do anything. I'm really enjoying this mission generator but the lack of any kind of air component in RHS battles irks me.

I can't use a lots of mod (like RHS) that work before, as I got this error :

19:15:40 Error in expression <then

{

_ammoC = configfile >> "CfgAmmo" >> _subAmmo

};

_actHit = getNumber (_am>

19:15:40 Error position: <>> _subAmmo

};

_actHit = getNumber (_am>

19:15:40 Error >>: Type Config entry, expected String

No problem with the vanilla factions.

can someone make it multiplayer compatible?

My first post, although long time lurker.

I did a port of HETMAN: War Stories to Ruha terrain and published it in steam Workshop ,for the sake of making it easier for people to play War Stories on other maps.

Hoping to do more ports in steam workshop. (giving credit to their authors of course)

Edited by RommelBr
text aesthetic
  • Thanks 1

Made a collection in steam workshop with all HETMAN: War Stories ports i'm doing, i'll try to do next the IFA terrains too.

If anyone wants a NON-steam link to one of these mission, ask and i'll deliver. 

• Like 1

Non steam links would be cool mate (with ninjariders new zbe cache ?)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, kremator said:

Non steam links would be cool mate (with ninjariders new zbe cache ?)

@kremator i have something better

Implemented NinjaRider600 modified/updated version of HETMAN (HAL 1.23.3 [NR6]) into War Stories. Now it will benefits from HAL - NR6 features, notably the revamped task system and the contents in the Radio chat, its much more battlefield immersive.

*also implemented [NR6] zbe cache

Here is a template of Hetman: War Stories + NR6 HAL + ZBE - TEMPLATE_HWS_(1.06 beta5)_[HAL 1.23.3 [NR6] + NR6 ZBE_Cache].Malden.zip

Now here it is, link to my google drive folder with all my ports (so far) for download - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18CwmZUbEHS473ojpK102hguBI5b5u0im

theres also my War Stories Steam workshop collection.

I would like to thank Rydygier for creating HETMAN and War Stories. Its a amazing script, , the way arma is meant to play.

Edited by RommelBr
words, and template
  • Like 3

Hetman and War Stories deserves more, when will they be receiving some needed love again?

• Like 1

It would be nice if the HWS version has a front line, it would choose whether you are an aggressor or a defender, a random or chosen invasion point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RommelBr said:

Implemented NinjaRider600 modified/updated version of HETMAN (HAL 1.23.3 [NR6]) into War Stories. Now it will benefits from HAL - NR6 features, notably the revamped task system and the contents in the Radio chat, its much more battlefield immersive.

*also implemented [NR6] zbe cache

Just tried your Fallujah port since it was updated. Unfortunately it will not load because of a zero divisor error.

Spoiler

10:49:44 Error in expression <

if (RydHQ_RHQAutoFill) then
{
[] call RYD_PresentRHQ
};>
10:49:44   Error position: <RYD_PresentRHQ
};>
10:49:45   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_presentrhq
10:49:45 Error in expression <);
}
foreach _cluster;

_center = [_midX/(count _cluster),_midY/(count _cluster)>
10:49:45   Error position: </(count _cluster),_midY/(count _cluster)>
10:49:45   Error Zero divisor

Also tried your Emita City port. Mission loads, but there are no enemies. Team leader also keeps telling the team to move to random grids, most of which are off the map.

Spoiler

11:02:25 Error in expression <

if (RydHQ_RHQAutoFill) then
{
[] call RYD_PresentRHQ
};>
11:02:25   Error position: <RYD_PresentRHQ
};>
11:02:25   Error Undefined variable in expression: ryd_presentrhq

• Like 2

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, alky_lee said:

Just tried your Fallujah port since it was updated. Unfortunately it will not load because of a zero divisor error.

</Erro Code/>

@alky_lee I see, this appears for me as well when i play on the editor, and on other terrains ports too, its something with HWS code, but this error does not stop from actually playing it, everything seems to Spawn and work even with that.

Theres other code error that appears too, something to do with "_mag", but again, these does not seem to break anything.

I had these erros happening for me way before i implemented NR6 work.

On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, alky_lee said:

Also tried your Emita City port. Mission loads, but there are no enemies. Team leader also keeps telling the team to move to random grids, most of which are off the map.

</Erro Code/>

I had these happening too, can't do much, just reset mission and try again, seems to have to do with the way HWS analyze and Spawn its groups.

HWS code need some fixes, but im not script wise to do that unfortunately.

• Like 1