Rydygier

[SP] HETMAN: War Stories

Any possibility to port it over Chernarus (not summer) ?

Open Chernarus in Editor, save the blank map as a "User Mission" and name it something convenient like Hetman_Cherno. Then rush to your My Documents> Arma3 > Hetman_Cherno folder. Copy paste all the stuff from inside any HETMAN mission you downloaded, here. Then open the mission in editor. Then this beauty is ready to play :D

Open Chernarus in Editor, save the blank map as a "User Mission" and name it something convenient like Hetman_Cherno. Then rush to your My Documents> Arma3 > Hetman_Cherno folder. Copy paste all the stuff from inside any HETMAN mission you downloaded, here. Then open the mission in editor. Then this beauty is ready to play :D

Already tried, but there is almost no enemy spawning.

Already tried, but there is almost no enemy spawning.

I will make one for you and send it to you later today. On basic Cherno map. I do not have the cherno winter map yet. :P

Did someone to run HWS on the map Fayshkhabur? For me mission is started, I setting both side but finally mission is not loading completely or Arma crashing.

I'm having a similar problem with Hetman War Stories and two of the ports Chernarus and Takistan Mountains. The mission starts and after the options menu the game just hangs. Is HWS broke?

I was able to try twice basic version, and at least as for initial stage all was OK to me, no crashes, no hanging, no errors in the RPT. However perhaps some issues are happening conditionally, due to specifics of some particular map maybe combined with the fact, HWS is kinda obsolete, means not updated long time, while Arma 3 was updated since last HWS update many times.

If you wish, you can show me RPT logs from faulty attempt, I can look at them at least even though I'm still busy out of Armaverse. 

Its ok, I wouldn't know how to show you a RPT log to be honest. I did have to ctrl alt del to quit the game when it hangs. As much as I like updates, damn those updates. lol

Arma 3 leaves logs here:

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3"

Important is the one generated, when problem occured.

BTW How long did you wait before ctrl+alt+del at at what point exactly game stuck (if at loading bar - at what position it was roughly)?  

I waited 1-2 mins before I ctrl+alt+del. The smaller loading bar was all the way over and I was getting 500 plus fps at that point.

I've found the report, how can I send it to you?

HWS on Chernarus (normal and summer) working good.

cmw71 give me yor mail, I send you mission.

its finish line from rpt

Mods: A3;curator;kart;heli;mark;expansion;dlcbundle;@CUP_Terrains;@mapy;@Fayshkhabur_1.2;@xCam_Taunus;@Beketov;@RHSAFRF;@RHSUSAF;@RHSGREF;@RHSSAF;@OpforSteam;@GL5;@FFISv1.25;@Realistic Tank Crew;@TPW_MODS;@CBA_A3
Extensions:
Distribution: 0
Version 1.67.140048
Fault time: 2017/01/21 13:08:44
Fault address:  019F277F 01:00D1177F C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Arma3_x64.exe
file:     HWS
world:    BMFayshkhabur
Prev. code bytes: 88 8F 00 00 00 48 8B 45 10 48 8B 98 10 05 00 00
Fault code bytes: 3B 53 28 7D 7F 48 8B 5B 20 48 8B 1C D3 48 85 DB
=======================================================

OK, thanks. It may be helpful:

22:59:54 Error in expression <);
}
foreach _cluster;

_center = [_midX/(count _cluster),_midY/(count _cluster)>
22:59:54   Error position: </(count _cluster),_midY/(count _cluster)>
22:59:54   Error Zero divisor

At least, when I will have free mind, I'll know from where start looking. 

But this:

Version 1.67.140048
Fault time: 2017/01/21 13:08:44
Fault address:  019F277F 01:00D1177F C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Arma3_x64.exe
file:     HWS
world:    BMFayshkhabur
Prev. code bytes: 88 8F 00 00 00 48 8B 45 10 48 8B 98 10 05 00 00
Fault code bytes: 3B 53 28 7D 7F 48 8B 5B 20 48 8B 1C D3 48 85 DB

Is something beyond scripts, so can't help. Also I see dev branch, AND experimental 64-bit executable AND some custom map plus other mods. There's no 100% warranty for anything to be working on dev branch, the more, when modded. And with wip 64-bit exe? It's highly unstable mixture. 

HWS works well for Arma64 and my mod set, just maps with which it does not work, too bad that happened on Fayskhabur too, its very good map.

Hallo,

I am trying out Vietnam unsung mod with HWS. Altough it does work with a simple port as per instructions on the first page I do have some issues. Playing with the US side I noticed that the US tanks never spawn in. I am talking about the M551 Sheridan and the M48. Also I mostly get only one type of chopper, the uh13 if memory serves. Further more with VC I sometimes see sampans on land.

I suspect it is caused by the unit config themselves and reading the Hetman manual I read that you can make custom units arrays to add uunits to certain classes. However I have no idea how to add those arrays to HWS. I would appreciate some help. 

Thanks Redeyex

You can paste Hetman config (or in fact any proper sqf script) into advanced setup window in the initial GUI. But I doubt, if this would solve described problem. Spawning is not Hetman's thing and takes place before HAL's initialization. Perhaps for some reason mentioned vehicles doesn't find their way into pools, from where units to spawn are chosen. Code uses procedural ways based on model's config (indeed) to know, which vehicle is a tank, which is artillery etc. by reading certain, distinguishing config entries of given classes. All is basing on the assumption, config is typical, as in the vanilla stuff. However in case of custom mods - all depends on their author. If config of his creations is somehow "exotic", vehicle may be misplaced as for assigned category or omitted. It's only guessing, but possible, that's the case. 

Anyway, also spawning code uses pools as global variables, similar to Hetman's. Unfortunatelly, these are loaded after executing of advanced window code, so will overwrite anything, you put there.

Although there may be one thing, you may try, if you're determined. Depbo mission, open WS_fnc.sqf in any text editor, you like, and see, what's on the beginning of it (lines 1-808) - lists (pools) of vanilla classes for spawning by category to which procedurally obtained non-vanilla classes will be added by the code. You may try to add your stuff there accdordingly (all lowercase), not sure, but I think, this may do the trick. 

• Like 1

redeyex use OrbatCreator from @Alive mods, its very simple. I personally edit faction from this mod - The Unsung Vietnam War and ALiVE Compatability Mod.

• Like 1

I played Battlefield 2 for many years before it got discontinued

I was highly recommended ARMA 3 for the SP experience

The I find that it contains - in campaign no tanks no planes nothing

I like Single Player with vehicles

I just joined forum and rules say I need to reply to old threads for a while. I can't say anything on the game as I only played it a little I am trying to understand is it ever possible to make any kind of Single Player on ARMA 3 the way Battlefield 2 Single Player worked?

Or I need to mod everything on it for SP and I am not tech savy person to do that

I bought ARMA 3 only as I was told in the shop it is excellent SP mode better then BF2

I never seen this game before other wise or heard of it

I bought ARMA 3 a few month ago and then I find out what they said in shop is latest is 3 years outdated

So, Would anyone please help me here?

I am sorry to the guy who started this post with this reply I cannot start my own so I got no choise

• Like 2

Hey, welcome.

Yep, that rule leads to new people making offtopic or delaying them till they can write anything in-any-topic. :) No problem to me. 

I didn't play Battlefield 2, but IMHO, since Arma is mostly about user-created playable content, you can try two things at first:

1. Familiarize with the editor, it's both fairly easy to start and powerful as for things, you can do there. Pick the map, place some AIs, maybe with waypoints, place yourself and try. Simpliest battle you can have in the 5 minutes. Perhaps it will be enough for you. 

2. Browse SP missions on these forums or Armaholic, see, what people are recommending around. You can also try Workshop, but it may be hard to pick anything good in the sea of mediocre creations. 

Of course, feel free to try official tutorials and the campaign, just know, it's not the end nor even the best, Arma can provide you, it's just foretaste. 

Also, you may need to change some FPS habits (editor may be good place for that, since you have full control there), in Arma reckless behavior would kill you fast and you can needlessly get frustrated. Before you grasp Arma specificty, what it allows, what it punishes, just try to act, as you would in real life in such situation. Shortly - no rush, all with caution. 

Good luck and enjoy. :)

• Like 3

To add to what Rydygier said, also watch some Youtube videos. I've played BF2 etc etc got bored of the same sh*t, but the ArmA series is much better. Give it time, it's about patience and teamwork especially if playing online and not being gung ho like the BF series of games.

The guys or gals in the shop where right in my opinion but it's a shock to the system for anyone who's coming from the BF series to the ArmA verse. Patience young Padawan........patience! :f:

As Rydygier said.........Good luck and enjoy. :f:

• Like 1

I also spented long time on BF2 and loved it, but to simulate it in A3 (you propably mean single player conquest) try to play this mission from this topic (Hetman War stories) you can adjust your wants, needs with every mission start - if you want vehicles, you change options.

About Gameplay easiers - try ultimate soldier mod pack.

About equipment from present times - try RHS Escalation, CUP (vehicles, etc), or hardcore blasted VTN (Veteran mod).

Also dont forget to get map Kunduz Afghanistan, from project reality modders, that made prefect mod for BF 2.

Enjoy.

I never get bored of BF2. I got a version of BF 1942 + Expansions, BF 2 + Expansions.

If I create my own map what fun is that if I already know what is here?

No offense intended to the person who suggested it

I played BF 2 on hack-free server. Now some veterans run custom server which my ISP don't like in term of IPs

Well it hasn't worked out on another server as they are well expect more then I can give sort of thing.

They want people who rush in guns blazing so I was quickly in like 3 days kicked and banned for my play style

BF series I like - OLD SERIES - because it gives you certain options for strategy.

I like like strategy above all else

Like here is a house for example on the plain.

And here could be 5-6 options how to get to it.

For people on that server was only 1 option rush in via front door. I tried differently - from back door

Then in urban environment I did ambush - not base raping - just ambush.

Come some where make a noise.

People come running - shoot them.

BF 3 I bought and WOW what a wasteee of money this was.

Unmodable. Unless I tried it wrong way

I tried to mod it's MP maps into SP, But was impossible or I tried wrong way

SP now a campaign where you control nothing

BF 4 didn't buy but it sounds like same story as BF3 - it had soo much potential, but it was totally ruined in my opinion

So I was recommended ARMA 3 in GAME shop in UK. Guy said wonderful SP content created by company - he said nothing about user content.

I would play ARMA 3 online if I find server without hacks, cheats bug usages etc and where people play with respect to each other and kind of slow and deliberate.

I had on BF2 player picking killing - same guy targeted over and over.

Base raping, spawn point hogging

I did sniper ambush but never ever at spawn point.

Some recommended me a few online games, but most of them got shops where someone with wallet can buy everything straight away even god mode and then sit and kill halve the map with 1 shot

I haven't finished SP missions on ARMA 3 yet but it looks like here ain't anything to play with bigger then a lorry

I try map editor

However I must ask this question please

Does anyone of you know any other game I might not heard off? Military with vehicles like BF 2 or may be futuristic like BF 2142?

With pre-made SP maps that you can mod

If mod very good then AI become as good as real players - without the drama.

I tried BF 3 servers for a while

You get killed - he screams ''yeer baby i have ******* **** **** you''

Killed him he screams ''HACKER! I vote you ban''

Killed 1 car 3 times and they voted server kick for me

AI don't talk crap and got no issues. I get people with issues at work and some times at home - why do I want more stresses on the game?

This is primary why I prefer SP - I can mod it for fun and get no issues from stupidity that play on servers or kids who think they are gods kill them and they start a drama

So I repeat the question - anyone please know a game which has SP like BF 2?

And

On player-created missions can AL skill be changed?

IF I download hardcore can I change skill so it becomes less that or medium?

Thank you

Kelly