Sign in to follow this  
Tozzifan

TrackIR 5 : anyone experience character slowing down ?

Hi,

I'm into the campaign (Attention Disorder) and I've noticed that from time that my character suddenly becomes no more capable to walk/run/crawl at normal and fast pace, and I thought that it was so because the fatigue model

now I've played the Within Reach mission, and my pace was slowed down just a little distance from the beginning: I was incapable to complete the mission because the time limit

so I deactivated TrackIR5, thence I completed the mission on first attempt, never experiencing the pace slow down

has anyone experienced the same issue?

thanks

(sorry if I missed any reply after searching)

Your TrackIr might be of center which causes your character to lean which in turn results your character being not able to run, try centering track ir .This is the only reason I can think of atm...

Edited by SissiSaatana

Haven't played for a few (3, iirc) weeks, but started again 2 days ago. Don't know if there's been an update of any sort in that time, but I have the same issue. I tried the centering solution (to no avail), and also think it's fatigue-related because when it occurs, the edges of the screen start to blur in and out and weapon sway is all over the place. Lying down for a few moments generally solves it as well.

There doesn't appear to be any logic to it, though. Sometimes it will start after running 500m, other times it will start right after beginning to move again. When I have it, setting sim speed at x4 results in roughly the same movement speed as you would normally get in x1. Would need to be checked further to be certain, but I don't think it's health/wound-related, as it happened with a full health Kerry as well.

During the Attention Deficit mission I just played, I had it occur to me several times, and when entering a perfect condition Fennek while the effect is in place, it will also affect the vehicle. I was driving the APC downhill with full throttle and turbo, yet couldn't get beyond 22km/h for some reason. I went into the editor to check and then I reached 80-ish km/h, which again is approximately x4 as fast as what I got initially.