NikoWZRD

Niko's Uniforms Mega Packs

Great stuff! There's been a serious shortage on good helmets.

Since there's also a shortage on winter maps to try out Niko's new uniforms on, try this out:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18147

Looks very good using the Namalsk winter shaders and Thirsk's blizzard functions.

(It includes both summer and winter variants.)

Those helmets look good, is that strap on them from vanilla?

Also I like that helmet model because of that strap, most helmets people add with mods instead (Ie new models) dont have good straps.

Is it possible to make a simple looking helmet, for example a metallic all green with no strap. If you're going for some soviet soldiers there's not really any helmets to work with.

Maybe just give it a plain texture, giving the strap and microphone no texture and changing the specular map?

my friends and i use your pack all the time, excited to see all the new stuff you are working on. Any plans to do the indie vests in these patterns/plain colors(there are a few retexs out there of it, but they are all pretty blah) as well?? would love to see that! I'm a sucker for the iotv.

Where on earth did you get that Arid and Tropic Multicam??? I love it, did you make it yourself?

Sorry for being AWOL, haven't been around for long enough to get much work done on this.

I'll try and answer some questions here.

Hello, do you plan adding Kryptek camo in this mod?

Currently, no. Kryptek is pretty hard to find a swatch of, and I haven't the time to replicate the pattern accurately enough by hand. In the future, it's a definite possibility though.

Those helmets look good, is that strap on them from vanilla?

Also I like that helmet model because of that strap, most helmets people add with mods instead (Ie new models) dont have good straps.

Yep, its the vanilla greenback helmet.

Is it possible to make a simple looking helmet, for example a metallic all green with no strap. If you're going for some soviet soldiers there's not really any helmets to work with.

Maybe just give it a plain texture, giving the strap and microphone no texture and changing the specular map?

A friend of mine is currently working on some soviet/Russian helmets, new models and textures and everything. Not sure if he'll let me include them in the Rus pack, but at the very least we'll finally have some awesome east-bloc helmets.

Yep, that issue has been fixed, the next version won't have that error.

my friends and i use your pack all the time, excited to see all the new stuff you are working on. Any plans to do the indie vests in these patterns/plain colors(there are a few retexs out there of it, but they are all pretty blah) as well?? would love to see that! I'm a sucker for the iotv.

Sure, I'll include some more plain color vests. I was thinking of doing the indie body armor, I'll see how it looks in M81 and stuff.

Where on earth did you get that Arid and Tropic Multicam??? I love it, did you make it yourself?

Sure did, used Alex Vestin's as a base. Glad you like them, those took me some time to make. :)

Also make Backpack and Fast type or Obscore style helmet?

I will include some fast/opscore helmets in the next update. Backpacks I'll release separately further down the road. :)

Not a problem. :)

Cuel is pushing me for a release, so providing that I get off work at a reasonable time today and I have no more problems, I'll try and get a release out the door tonight.

Good to hear, is the release for the Russian stuff or new update for the US stuff?

Not a problem. :)

Cuel is pushing me for a release, so providing that I get off work at a reasonable time today and I have no more problems, I'll try and get a release out the door tonight.

:rolleyes:

Just the US stuff, I'll be done with the US pack for now once this is released, so I'll get on the RUS pack right after. :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

:rolleyes:

;)

great addon, some amazing textures my only problem is the fact that they all have black boots, i know that in the US Army we use tan boots with UCP or with the multicam uniform coyote/black boots when deployed and i know the marines use coyote boots and the airforce uses a weird foliage green boot. just a suggestion, oh and on the belts, the US Army uses tan with UCP and multicam, just a heads up. Great work though (i am just tweaky when it comes to uniform, its a pride thing)

Gah, got held up at work till late, I have the config all done, just a few more textures and icons to finish up. Now I'm gone for the weekend.. Won't be released til next week sometime lol

Kryptek camo is weird, but nice work... I kind of like that Highlander one I guess.. (the pattern, your work looks fine) :)

Its a awesome pattern. And niko you have an amazing way with making things look proper the proper color and size of the patterns.

Yeah I am getting a good feeling those kryptek ones would look good for like Austrialian PMC or something, that's a good mission idea now isn't it :)

Yeah this would work really nicely if we had an africa map, the highlander seems kind of like a Savannah multicam type thing.