Sign in to follow this  
mr_centipede

How does item radio affect gameplay?

I've been thinking, does it affect you or AI ingame? I only know that if you don't have radio, you wont hear any orders/comms within your group, but playing as group leader, even without radio, I can still order the AI about. Even outside verbal range (think kilometers).

So what actually radio does ingame?

Not sure to be honest, but i was hoping BI would use it to make an integrated Radio style feature like ACRE or a simplified version of there own Radio Interaction. Something like different frequencies and depending on what frequency your on, you can hear people on that frequency. But what does it do now? Not really anything at all. Just a prop in my opinion. Though it might effect giving orders to AI.

Not sure to be honest, but i was hoping BI would use it to make an integrated Radio style feature like ACRE or a simplified version of there own Radio Interaction. Something like different frequencies and depending on what frequency your on, you can hear people on that frequency. But what does it do now? Not really anything at all. Just a prop in my opinion. Though it might effect giving orders to AI.

yeah me too, that feature would greatly improve arma as it sands today.

In my test, playing as civilian(because they have no radios), I order my subordinate to move to a location far away from me, like 400m away. When he's there, I ordered him to move somewhere, and he oblige as a good AI he is. So no effect there, just cannot hear his order acknowledgement and his status report.

On the plus side, (or minus) the AI execute his order instantly without me having finish my order speech ("2 move to 100m front" that kind of thing).

Other than that, I don't know if it affect gameplay somehow... So yes, if BIS can do it something like ACRE for SP would be nice... the terrain will affect the radios and thus the ability for the AI to execute orders effectively. And since NVG can be shown on the character when equipped, I wish radio can be shown on character too... just like ACRE radio backpack with their antennae...