Fr33d0m

CO 21 PMC Sandbox - Outlaws PSG (By Fr33d0m - Mediusgaming.com)

Great mission...we put it on our public server for a test...and three people joined before we even had a chance...it seems pretty popular so far. My only complaint right now is the AI is a bit aimbot and not so smart...is there a way to have the parameters set so we can tweak the AI some?

Also I noticed when I tried to change the parameters the server crashed...

But we loved it and we may host a public server dedicated to it....loads of fun!

The AI Is stock ARMA 3. A few things to try would be to edit the difficulty settings on the server, or personally, I like to run ASR AI 3 (Server side only AI mod) . There are other AI mods as well that make the AI far better in my opinion.

I'll check into the parameters bug, and see if I can re-create a crash. Thanks for the bug report!

Glad you're enjoying the mission! More to come soon!

-Fr33

Noticed some issues with the Checkpoint mission.

When playing with others...I can see vehicles coming and no one else can. It started off fine but it ended up not working anymore. Now I had someone exit the car when we found cocaine...and he ran off. I arrested him and did the teleport to jail option...or fast teleport...and now it just says 'No mantype was found. Phantom exec'

Just wanted to give you the heads up. We are running the version with headless client and using all the optional addons on our dedicated server.

Also any kind of way when you are pulling security at the T-9 facility that we can have an option to yell at the protesters? They also should maybe disperse when the enemy starts to attack. They kinda just gaggeld around the gate and a few actually started to run into the area...was not sure what the ROE was...so of course I shot them...and then went to render first aid to them and try and get them to leave...lol

Did not expect the protesters that was really awesome.

Edited by Abshire

Noticed some issues with the Checkpoint mission.

When playing with others...I can see vehicles coming and no one else can. It started off fine but it ended up not working anymore. Now I had someone exit the car when we found cocaine...and he ran off. I arrested him and did the teleport to jail option...or fast teleport...and now it just says 'No mantype was found. Phantom exec'

Just wanted to give you the heads up. We are running the version with headless client and using all the optional addons on our dedicated server.

Also any kind of way when you are pulling security at the T-9 facility that we can have an option to yell at the protesters? They also should maybe disperse when the enemy starts to attack. They kinda just gaggeld around the gate and a few actually started to run into the area...was not sure what the ROE was...so of course I shot them...and then went to render first aid to them and try and get them to leave...lol

Did not expect the protesters that was really awesome.

Hmm, interesting bug report, and i'll definitely have a look at it. The way the checkpoint works, each car is spawned local to the machine that ended the last checkpoint interaction, so for example, if you started the checkpoint mission by walking into the trigger at the beginning, the first car is spawned local to your machine. Every car after is spawned local to the guy who issued the last (finishing) command to the last driver, so if your friend handles the stop, and he sends the driver north, the nextvehicle is created local to him and then made global. Arma is supposed to automatically make cars visible to everyone (global) in MP by engine's design when createVehicle is used, but somehow, I suspect in your case the message is not getting sent to everyone else that createVehicle happened. This is very alarming to me.

The T-9 mission is a piece of sh** right now, lol. It's buggy as all get out. I'll definitely have it greatly improved by my next release. Shooting at the ground around them should disperse them, and there is another trigger to get rid of them when they disperse, ending the sub-mission, but it doesn't work very well yet. A better disperse interaction is definitely in the works.

Thanks for the bug report, and for playing. Glad you are enjoying it!

Hmm, interesting bug report, and i'll definitely have a look at it. The way the checkpoint works, each car is spawned local to the machine that ended the last checkpoint interaction, so for example, if you started the checkpoint mission by walking into the trigger at the beginning, the first car is spawned local to your machine. Every car after is spawned local to the guy who issued the last (finishing) command to the last driver, so if your friend handles the stop, and he sends the driver north, the nextvehicle is created local to him and then made global. Arma is supposed to automatically make cars visible to everyone (global) in MP by engine's design when createVehicle is used, but somehow, I suspect in your case the message is not getting sent to everyone else that createVehicle happened. This is very alarming to me.

The T-9 mission is a piece of sh** right now, lol. It's buggy as all get out. I'll definitely have it greatly improved by my next release. Shooting at the ground around them should disperse them, and there is another trigger to get rid of them when they disperse, ending the sub-mission, but it doesn't work very well yet. A better disperse interaction is definitely in the works.

Thanks for the bug report, and for playing. Glad you are enjoying it!

I was able to reproduce the bug mentioned above. The vehicle is invisible to everyone but the player who spawned it. Invisble, but present. Bullets will spark off of it, and a civilian will appear when he jumps out of it. This represents createVehicle as a non-MP compatible command at this point, which may also f*ck up other missions. I'm researching today some possible causes and workarounds, but as of the time of my typing this, I suspect this to be an issue with the 1.28 MP Optimizations, but I might be wrong there too. Thanks for your patience and bug reports! I am definitely on the job fixing this one ASAP.

Edited by Fr33d0m

Thank you for all you are doing. We are looking forward to putting up a public server hosting this!

I wanted to add that the HLC ARs are not supported...and I was wondering if you planned on supporting the RH M4 weapons...maybe? At least the HLC ARs would be great.

We noticed that some of the equipment when you buy it...does not show up. Specifically one of the Plate Carriers for the PMC addons...I do not re-call the name its the more expensive one and only comes in 1 color. When you buy it...it does not spawn, but the other ones do. I also noticed some of the headgear, when you buy it..it comes in as the wrong thing...not really a big deal but something I am sure you would like to know. I will try and write town next time what exactly happens.

We love this sandbox...even then T-9 mission was just a blast...when the crowd showed up we were all 'What the...protesters?'...

And when we got suicide bombed at the check point we had a good laugh....even if I was the only one who saw the car...LOL!

Fr33dom,

First of all, congratulations for your excelent mission!

Buddy, I tried to start your mission downloaded from Armaholic (version 0.91.5 Alpha) with CSE and all the others opitional mods, but the CSE didn´t work.

Then I download the mission "WIP Version 0.91a ALPHA (Modded W/O HC Requirement)" at the first page of this topic. With this version CSE work OK.

Is that correct? Or am I doing something wrong with Armaholic latest version?

Armaholic doesn't support me posting 3 different versions on the mission, unfortunately :-( The best place to download this mission is www.mediusgaming.com/pmcsandbox. There are 2 versions, the modded version which uses ALiVE, CSE etc, and the MANW version, which uses no mods and is all shit that I did by myself.

I got a new version dropping soon, one last before we push into BETA, the next drop is pretty big, lots of new stuff! The modded version is getting an overhaul too, adding in some of the cool new tools and features that have been released in the ALiVE, CSE and other updates. I'll post here and everywhere else when I drop it!

Thanks for playing!

-Fr33d0m

Fr33dom,

I am afraid that the modded version of your mission is not working with the latest version of CSE/ALIVE.

If you have a schedule to release a new version, please let us know.

Thanks again for your great mission.

I'm having issues with the Checkpoint when we arrest people how do we move them because we select fast transport and it dispalys No mantype was found Phantom Exec