Sign in to follow this  
lao fei mao

Recent dev branch logs always points to a Chinese element picture link, guess what?

I noticed that from the 22nd of this month to today, the last line of all the develpment changelog gets a link pointing to chinese element picture.

Go check: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog/page34

And who is "Master Lord Joris"?

What are devs trying trolling us? Can't figure out.

Master Lord Joris = Joris Jan van 't Land = DnA (the ARMA 3 project lead), who is currently on holiday in Asia. (Not sure which country.)

If you look back through the dev branch changelog, you'll find other instances of this. Generally, when DnA isn't there, either RiE or Pettka will post the day's changelog and include a comment on DnA's absence.

Edited by MadDogX

Master Lord Joris = Joris Jan van't Land = DnA (the ARMA 3 project lead), who is currently on holiday in Asia. (Not sure which country.)

He is in Hong Kong if I'm not wrong.

Master Lord Joris = Joris Jan van 't Land = DnA (the ARMA 3 project lead), who is currently on holiday in Asia. (Not sure which country.)

If you look back through the dev branch changelog, you'll find other instances of this. Generally, when DnA isn't there, either RiE or Pettka will post the day's changelog and include a comment on DnA's absence.

Ok, I see, then I do hope he could take some chinese island terrain pictures for preparing making an expansion relating to conflict between PLA and USA allies.

He is in Hong Kong if I'm not wrong.

someone is stalking the bis dev(s) ?

Ok, I see, then I do hope he could take some chinese island terrain pictures for preparing making an expansion relating to conflict between PLA and USA allies.

lol.. so we can get a new greec incedent :p

lol.. so we can get a new greec incedent :p

Please not! Although HK is quite liberal, the Chinese guys are not the ones you want to screw with, regarding "espionage".

The ArmA 3 "plateform update" will probably bring a chinese terrain ...

Well, they hinted at something massive involving Asia as far back as the PMC DLC. Maybe this is a research trip?

I hope they will not take pictures of military installations ...

ArmA III : Dragon Rising ;)

AFAIK, the PLA Hongkong garrison often open to public. As a visitor, you may view their barrack, try their weapons...and some snapshot are allowed.

Lao Fei Mao, that's very interesting. If you take pictures of bases in the U.S. you can get arrested.

As a citizen of China, does it seem to you that Chinese citizens have more freedom than citizens of Western Countries? How does your media portray Western culture?

Sorry for going off topic... I'm just very interested.

Lao Fei Mao, that's very interesting. If you take pictures of bases in the U.S. you can get arrested.

As a citizen of China, does it seem to you that Chinese citizens have more freedom than citizens of Western Countries? How does your media portray Western culture?

Sorry for going off topic... I'm just very interested.

Well, PLA HKG's main job is to protect Hongkong, and it also has a special mission, to publicise the kindness of PLA, let Hongkong people get closer to them instead of be afraid of them.

Our govt and PLA are now more open-minded than before. I often look through CNN, BBC, Yahoo...And the west media are really somehow distort china situation. Their mind still stay at 30 years ago. I can't say we are as equal as the freedom people gained in developed west country, but the distance are getting closer and closer.

As a patriotic American and successful capitalist I can tell you that it's hard for someone like me to understand how living under a communist government could be desirable.

As a practitioner of Baguazhang, patient of Chinese medicine, and admirer of Chinese literature, I imagine that your government can only evolve to become as great as your people and culture.

Thanks for the interesting perspective.

As a patriotic American and successful capitalist I can tell you that it's hard for someone like me to understand how living under a communist government could be desirable.

As a practitioner of Baguazhang, patient of Chinese medicine, and admirer of Chinese literature, I imagine that your government can only evolve to become as great as your people and culture.

Thanks for the interesting perspective.

------Actually our government is no more the communist one you get impression from Cold war time. Our economy has envolved into a 70% capitalism, 30% centralized. IMHO, such economy form is more competitive than your old free capital market. Look at those past 10 years, our GDP keep growing fast whilst yours keep downturn. We even lived a good through 2008 global economy crisis.

If you don't believe my words, you can come china to look it yourself. I'm sure you will feel quite different with the one your media described. You may walk deep into night but no worrying being robbed by some punk, or inquiried by some unfriendly cops.

Okay, since the original question has been answered and this thread is derailing into an off-topic discussion of politics/economics, I'm going to close it.

Feel free to continue in the off-topic section. (I can move your posts there on request.)