da12thMonkey

MRT Accessory Functions

Hey da12thMonkey,

Congrats man. It´s awesome!

We will add it to Dagger Scopes for sure!

Hi,

I' m trying to make a config for switch from RHS 3d M150 to RHS 2d acog...I 've opened with eliteness an example pbo...but it's really hard to understand those lines for me...I thought it was easier to do...but I won't give up because I think that my idea is good for all the arma player to have 3d and 2d version of same optic instead of bring twice in inventory (like i'm doing!)

I'm quite alone for this task ,I dont speak english very well...

so I'm here for asking if someone have any file to share here...

thank you in advice,

have a nice day

AH AND THE ELCAN M145 to!!!

This are the classnames

RHSUSF_ACC_M150..........................RHSUSF_ACC_M150_3D

RHSUSF_ACC_M145..........................RHSUSF_ACC_M145_3D

I'm having some serious issues getting this to work. I have the latest CBA and the latest MRT installed and I'm attempting to use MRT with pretty much all of the big name optics/weapons mods. (ASDG, RH Accessories, SMA, etc..) I found the location for binding the rail and optic functions in the config menu, and have attempted to use the default and custom bindings but nothing happens. No click, no change in function or movement of any magnifiers. I have several other mods, but the only script heavy one I have is TMR_CSO and I don't think that would interfere.

Same. The optics and the combo IR/light switching work just fine. But the IR/light will NOT turn on. Yes, I have pushed my "L" key multiple times. I know it is not on when you switch functions. I'd have to check again but I think it even breaks the vanilla stuff too. I've found for me at least it is ACE 3. CBA, MRT and SMA all work fine. Add ACE 3 and the IR pointer/flashlight stop working.

Hope you can sort it out. I went over to the ACE page and from what I read from them on the FAQ they say "our mod is too big, talk to the other guy".

Same. The optics and the combo IR/light switching work just fine. But the IR/light will NOT turn on. Yes, I have pushed my "L" key multiple times. I know it is not on when you switch functions. I'd have to check again but I think it even breaks the vanilla stuff too. I've found for me at least it is ACE 3. CBA, MRT and SMA all work fine. Add ACE 3 and the IR pointer/flashlight stop working.

Hope you can sort it out. I went over to the ACE page and from what I read from them on the FAQ they say "our mod is too big, talk to the other guy".

It's a bug in ACE and will be fixed in 3.4.1. https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2917

Same. The optics and the combo IR/light switching work just fine. But the IR/light will NOT turn on. Yes, I have pushed my "L" key multiple times.

That's not the same problem he described: He's saying the switching between attachments isn't working. You're saying the attachment switching works but then the attachments fail to function because the laser/light wont turn on like normal.

Is there a specific attachment item that you're using that you don't think is functioning as it should be?

I just conducted some tests running CBA+MRT+ACE3+SMA and was able to pick a rifle, attach the SMA Vortex 3x or Eotech+Magnifier (which use MRT to switch optics mode with [Ctrl+NUM/] / [shift+NUM/]) then attach the Green/IR or Red/IR laser from ACE3 (which uses ACE's attachment switching system to go between visible and IR laser modes when [Ctrl+L] is pressed) then attach my own Laser/Light addon (which uses MRT to change between the IR laser and light modes when [Ctrl+L] / [shift+L] is pressed).

In my play-through I was able to switch between all combinations of modes on these attachments and the various laser/light modes would activate whenever I pressed the game's default [L] key (as bound under \Configure\Controls\Common\Headlights on/off).

I was running Arma 3 v1.54.133596 (stable), CBA v2.2.0.151130, MRT v1.2, ACE3 v3.4.0.0 and SMA v2.1.1.1 (v2.1 hotfix) and as I said it all worked well together so far as I could tell on the attachments I used, which I know to be set up for MRT or ACE3 item switching specifically. I'm wondering if there's something that's different in your setup?

It's perplexing that you say it's the game's default on/off function that isn't working since this addon has absolutely no functionality that is related to the turning off/on of attachments. The addon simply registers a kebind with CBA that switches attachments with remove__WeaponItem then add__WeaponItem, then exits until you press the keybind again.

You say that the switching function works when you press the MRT keybinds, and that literally is everything that this addon is capable of doing, so I can't think what there is in this addon that is being conflicted or otherwise interrupted because it appears our script is running to completion for you.

At any rate, the whole keystroke detection and handling funtionality of this addon is done via CBA - it's not something anyone at MRT made. In fact it's the very same keybinding framework that ACE3 uses, since that too depends on CBA. If there is some issue of incompatibility with CBA keybinds shared by two different addons or something (though like I said, they appear to work fine for me), I would think it would be something that proved to be an issue for the CBA team rather than something we can do at our end.

Ed:- Sorry I missed commy say that it was an ACE issue while I was writing this post. Like I said though, I didn't experience the problem when I was just testing various attachments that use our respective scripts in ACE 3.4 - guess it's because I didn't have binocs on me.

Glad it can be resolved! :)

• Like 1

First off i love this little mod, great work da12thmonkey and co. I was wondering if you guys will be releasing this on the steam workshop? It is the only mod i use that hasn't made it way there. if not no worries i understand, was just curious.

If Robalo and tupolov want it on there - it's their scripting work so I wouldn't feel comfortable signing off their work to the workshop's EULA, on their behalf.

I'd imagine Rob's okay with it since ASDG JR was on there, but I'd have to ask tup for sure. We'll see

Thanks for the quick response. I totally understand your view. Hopefully they agree to it tho :)

I sent them both a PM, so if there's any news I'll let you know.

It's not something that ever came up as a topic for discussion during development with the other guys - I'm not even sure what state the workshop was at when we were working on the addon.

And I've not had a desire to investigate putting anything on the workshop before (my usual area in addon-making is 3D-models, that aren't exclusive/proprietary assets to Arma to the extent that sqs/sqs scripts are; so I'm usually hesitant about them being on Steam under the EULA's terms). From what I heard, it's also kind of a pain in the arse to do sometimes.

But I'll try to sort something out if the others are cool with it.

Hi ; i have a problem i can't change the key for switching optics... In fact i don't see the option to change the key , i see for the light (under configuration -> addons -> ect...) but i don't see the sight key. Is it normal ? i try everything from launching only cba and sma (2.1 , 2.3) and nothing...

Is it normal ?

No, it's not normal. The Keybind menu looks like this for me:

cTYQT3bl.jpg

Just to be sure you are looking in the right place: where to find the keybindings menu

All screenshots were taken just this morning. So AFAIK nothing has changed with the keybinding system in the current version of CBA, that would be causing any of the options to disappear.

That's really strange.

Does the key combination ([Shift+NUM-/] or [Ctrl+Num-/] by default) still work even though the option to re-bind it isn't there?

See, the whole call for the script to switch items, and the way it's handled through the CBA keybind menu is entirely handled by same lines of code from the init.sqs (the last two):

["MRT Accessory Functions", "MRT_SwitchItemNextClass_R", ["Next rail item state", "Cycles to the next mode available for your rail slot attachment"], {[1,"next"] call MRT_fnc_switchAttachment}, {}, [38, [false, true, false]]] call cba_fnc_addKeybind; //default ctrl + L
["MRT Accessory Functions", "MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass_R", ["Prev rail item state", "Cycles to the previous mode available for your rail slot attachment"], {[1,"prev"] call MRT_fnc_switchAttachment}, {}, [38, [true, false, false]]] call cba_fnc_addKeybind; //default shift + L
["MRT Accessory Functions", "MRT_SwitchItemNextClass_O", ["Next optics state", "Cycles to the next mode available for your optics slot attachment"], {[2,"next"] call MRT_fnc_switchAttachment}, {}, [181, [false, true, false]]] call cba_fnc_addKeybind; //default ctlr + NUM-/
["MRT Accessory Functions", "MRT_SwitchItemPrevClass_O", ["Prev optics state", "Cycles to the previous mode available for your optics slot attachment"], {[2,"prev"] call MRT_fnc_switchAttachment}, {}, [181, [true, false, false]]] call cba_fnc_addKeybind; //default shift + NUM-/

If the CBA code works to actually recognise the default keys and run the script when the keys are pressed, it makes no sense to me why the keys don't show in the menu since it's all passed off to CBA in the same way.

Does anything happen if you press the button to reset to Default (Par Déf.)?

In fact no , nothing happen that's the problem

Edit . my num - key seems to be broken

Right, after a couple of days scratching heads and many PMs exchanged regardng m1n1d0u's problem with the missing keybinds; we were able to determine that it was probably caused by the CBA keybind registry getting corrupted in his User.vars.Arma3Profile, and resolved it by resetting those.

The debug code on the CBA documentation page wasn't current, but after consulting with CBA staff we got a working solution for the updated keybinding system. So in case anybody has this issue in future where the keybinds disappear from the menu or otherwise seem to get fucked-up, please:

1. Go in to the mission editor and place a playable unit down or something
  2. Press [Ctrl+D] in the editor to bring up the debug console*
  3. Type the following code accurately into the console and execute it
  4. Press the 'Preview' button to initialise the mission
  5. CBA keybinds menu should reset at mission start
profileNamespace setVariable ["cba_keybinding_registryNew", nil]; saveProfileNamespace;

* you can use the debug console that appears when you're on the pause screen in mission editor previews but the CBA keybinding menu will not reset until you exit back to the mission editor and then start a new instance of the mission (i.e. by hitting the 'Preview' button again).

The above debug process has been added to the instructions on the first page.

Many thanks to Robalo, for pointing me in the right direction for finding the reset command and noubernou for providing information on the updated command when the original didn't work. But, big thanks also go to m1n1d0u himself for answering all my questions and trying out all the little tests and fix attempts that I thought up in the absence of being able to reproduce the problem on my own machine. When it came to determining where to look for a solution, it was really helpful to have all that concise information to narrrow down where the problem probably lay.

And more good news I guess: As-per gobi42's request, we reached a consensus about putting MRT Accessory Functions on the Steam Workshop. So as of a couple of days ago, you can now find it on there:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=598721423
  • Like 1

I have one distinct request for this mod, if i may.
Is it possible for default optics mode keys to be switched to LCtrl+RMB? Because that is the vanilla game's "optics mode" key, and adding another key binding for what is essentially the same thing makes no sense. And i am consistently unable to switch on my own, because when i choose "configure addons", MRT does not allow me to bind any mouse button in any way.
My mouse is Zowie FK1, if that matters.

The keybind system is by CBA, not us. IIRC they explained in their thread why binding to mouse buttons isn't supported.

In short; no it's not possible to do

I usually set up editor modes with a zeus to set up missions for myself to play, and use the remote control module to use the characters. I downloaded FHQ accessories and MRT, but couldn't get the functions to work, neither the flashlights nor the animated magnifiers. Then I tested it with soldier set up in the editor mode and the accessory crate, and it worked. Is there some way to get this to work with the zeus mode?

Updated mod v1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey da12thMonkey, Robalo & Tupolov , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Just a little info - the mod hasn't really been updated in real terms (i.e. there isn't really a V1.3 yet).

The only thing that changed was that I had to republish on the Steam Workshop to ensure the meta.cpp has the correct publishedID value. This is an automated process that's handled by the Workshop publisher and the publisher seemed to cock it up the first time by making a meta.cpp with publishedID = 0;. So I'm not sure that other hosts need to update the mirrors like Six have done above.

Unless you're using the meta.cpp (i.e. running a server that's integrating with the BIS launcher), it's not really a big deal.

can I not switch the reticles of the vanilla holosight and the smaller sights anymore?

That's a separate config addon by Robalo that uses MRT to switch between different versions of the vanilla sights.

There's a link on the first page but I don't really know if it still works.